09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Axl should let Melissa blow the whistle for Paradise City to get the timing right. It would be her crowning moment as a member of GNR.

Better yet Axl should listen the original track from AFD and learn his place and when to sing

• Like 3

Amazing how when Axl's voice is firing he's not seen as fat and lazy anymore!

Am I the only person on this forum who thinks that Axl's harmonies on the slither chorus are absolute genius??

He switches to backing vocals in the chorus (harmonising with duff) and i think it sounds brilliant - so much better than just straight up singing it.

I'm so excited about how good this concert sounded - no other band can make me feel like this!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Asking casual fans, who don’t know about this issue, to post their videos in Vimeo (who the fuck uses Vimeo?) may have been the most stupid thing I’ve seen today.

The admins NEED to ban Gn’R videos from this site. It sucks but it’s the truth. Every single video that is posted here, gets taken down 2 o 3 hours later.

6 hours ago, sl4yer said:

I just watched ISE, why Axl was not moving, actually at all? He used to move so much especially on first songs. It almost looked like he is pissed off like in Dublin.

So, there were 2 things I noticed throughout the show. He kept going to the stage in front of the drums to blow his nose and kept spitting - not sure if he sick or something.  Although his voice was in the top 3-5 of concerts I’ve seen (20+), he did seem like it was hard for him to catch his breath. The average fan probably wouldn’t notice, but those of us who pay attention, you could tell he held back. Example, first show I’ve ever seen without the “Do you know where the fuck you are” intro to Jungle.

The other thing was the carpet was not down on the front of the stage. They crew put it down around better and Axl looked like he was about to lose his shit. I could see him yelling at someone near his dressing room.  He made a joke about it a few songs later. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

I noticed a few comments regarding attendance. It sure looked like a full house judging from the end of the Sweet Child video. This is the first time in quite a while that I have been able to stand listening to certain songs in full. Great effort by Axl tonight. Loved the aggression In Rocket Queen when he started the lyrics "Of those that take you". Hope to hear Estranged and praying for a great second half of the song.

I’m sure there were a few empty seats, but I looked around throughout the show and it “looked” sold out.

1 hour ago, Crowebar said:

Never really liked Matts ego. Or his love of coke either

huh!?  mind you, the problem wasn't Matt's ego, but Axl's and lack of balls of everyone else who hadn't dared to step up against it.

ie. Mannheim '91, hadn't promoter closed the gates and wasn't Matt stepping up to Axl's face, there would have been another St. Louis, Montreal...(was that also because of Matt's ego).

As a result of that behaviour, wec lost Iz (after that show) and the whole band 2 years later.

As for cocain part...Show me an member that hasn't used at least cocaine and I will show you a virgin hooker.

That arguably was the best Slither so far Axl has managed to do and even 3 years after the start of NITL it still was somewhat almost dreamlike feel to see him doing VR song with Duff&Slash on stage. Pinch me if this is real :)

NR also had strong clean voice, which is bearable to say the least.

Edited by tadskis
clarity

7 minutes ago, tadskis said:

That arguably was the best Slither so far Axl has managed to do and even 3 years after the start of NITL it still was somewhat almost dreamlike feel to see him doing VR song with Duff&Slash on stage. Pinch me if this is real :)

NR also had strong clean voice, which is bearable to say the least.

Slither was another highlight. I love the arrangement and it really pumped up the crowd.

One of the biggest reasons I became a member on this forum is to see all the up to date performances from this band, and to learn about any new news or music. If I cannot watch any of the performances, I don’t see a reason to follow the band online anymore.  Anyone who leaves that performance with a video has the right to that footage.  This is unless Axl wants to stop all recordings and dive into the crowds to remove the device like the old days.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, illusionone said:

PSA: this was a small arena, which I’ve seen them in before.  It was the loudest concert I’ve ever been to. If you’re going to a future date, bring some ear plugs JIC. I know that’s not “RnR” but you’ll wish you had. My ears are still ringing. 

Yup. The nitl show I saw in Toronto completed my final journey to full on tinnitus which really sucks becuz my ears are ringing like a freaking bell ever since that night 24/7 and it's enuff to drive most people completely batshit crazy. I have to have background noise going on at all times everywhere I go to try and help block most of it. Even when I go to sleep. Wear earplugs people. Trust me. It's worth it 😊😳

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

One of the biggest reasons I became a member on this forum is to see all the up to date performances from this band, and to learn about any new news or music. If I cannot watch any of the performances, I don’t see a reason to follow the band online anymore.  Anyone who leaves that performance with a video has the right to that footage.  This is unless Axl wants to stop all recordings and dive into the crowds to remove the device like the old days.  

Highly doubt this thing of taking down Youtube videos is anything to do with Axl, but yes I agree with your point

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Zero chance! A few days and there want even be any videos on YouTube.

I know you are well versed in all things bootleg - there must be a small chance of a soundboard/IME appearing at some-point? When Axl is on form then it becomes even more imperative!!

Do the shows ever get broadcast on radio/online at all in the US?

Edited by DTJ80

34 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

That's not what I'd label 'Fat/Overweight' imho. My wife's seriously overweight and looks a lot worse than this. Just sayin'...

That is overweight. Especially when your the star man. Anything out with a 6 pack can be deemed over weight. You just have to put into context his age. However, axls a singer not a boxer. Should be more concerned with his vocals than his weight.