alfierose

10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

Guys, I just watched Dead Horse. It was fucking awesome. For a guy who probably rehearsed it by himself for 5 minutes for the first time in 26 years, he nailed it. Hoping we may see a quartet soon CW, Coma, Locomotive, DH :slash:

This Locomotive was awful... Axl many times going totally out of tempo, but something interesting happens at 3:35: he kinda forgets to sing and goes full "fuck it" mode and using only a strong chest voice and sounded much better

• Like 2

Locomotive was too fast towards the end. 

Also Frank missed a beat during the first "babys got a locomotive" part.

Concidering that and Axls timing. Its pretty safe to assume that the sound was shit in their in ear monitors.

Ive had gigs like that when you cant hear shit and mistakes like that start happening.

Side note. 

Did you notice Duff joining Frank on the drums at the outro. That was cool!

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

This Locomotive was awful... Axl many times going totally out of tempo, but something interesting happens at 3:35: he kinda forgets to sing and goes full "fuck it" mode and using only a strong chest voice and sounded much better

I miss Matt.  He was a beast in that song.

• Like 1

Slash ruined Dead Horse.  Ax, surprisingly, sounded pretty good -- specially on the chorus.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

OMG Axl is like a racing car running over the whole band. 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Is it Stockholm Syndrome if I don't think Axl's Mickey voice isn't too terrible on Dead Horse?

Nah I hate that voice usually but it didn’t bug me for DH somehow.  

The post above is right about Locomotive, though.... when he switches to that low voice it’s great. He seems to be able to do that voice no problem, too, but maybe he thinks it doesn’t sound good or it sounds like he’s yelling or something, haha (since he switched to it halfway, maybe due to fatigue?). But even though it’s not raspy, it’s powerful and sounds Axl as f compared to Mickey.

Edited by Ant

58 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Did you notice Duff joining Frank on the drums at the outro. That was cool!

I was just going to post that. Loved that part!

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! GNR performed Dead Horse! Sounded amazing, but why didn't Axl continue to say the words before the song? I wonder if he forgot?

Anyway, for a song that hasn't been sung or performed in 26 years, GNR rocked it!

You lucky fans who got to see it live! Damn! I'm so jealous!

lol I agree. I think it's very cool that GNR are bringing back some songs they haven't sung in years! Those songs are freakin awesome too and I thought Dead Horses was always a cool song and I think the band rocked it!

I don't get the missing lyrics. It's like Axl didn't want to sing that line for some reason. They have teleprompters all over the stage with the lyrics. He left the same lyrics out in the beginning and ending.

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

Agreed, when he wants to he can knock it out of the park. Wish they'd do I don't care about you live.

Locomotive sounded like my Twitter feed these days: everybody is talking and nobody is listening. 

But I actually liked Dead Horse a lot. Sure the ending was messy, but still.. Axl sounded pretty good. 

I didn't know we had so many professional musicians on this board . You do realize this is GN'R and not Dream Theater right? You'd have probably had heart attacks if you saw them at their rawest 30 plus years ago. I wish I had but my first show wasn't til 92.

49 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I didn't know we had so many professional musicians on this board . You do realize this is GN'R and not Dream Theater right? You'd have probably had heart attacks if you saw them at their rawest 30 plus years ago. I wish I had but my first show wasn't til 92.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rawest - is there best bud how does that even make sense, yeah were gnr die hards and know fuck all about music...

• GNFNR 1

I’m going tomorrow night.  I hope Axl listens to DH a couple times on the way to the park to get re-aquatinted with this forgotten masterpiece.  

• Like 2

I wanna see that ending guitar jam!

Axl was practicing guitar for like 10 years after they split... I bet he can shred now :D .

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rawest - is there best bud how does that even make sense, yeah were gnr die hards and know fuck all about music...

Of course everyone can have an opinion about music even if they don't play. My point was that I don't expect perfection from GNR. Also that if missed lyrics or guitar notes is that much of a bother then they'd have been upset when the band played sloppier shows in their early days. Obviously I wasn't there to see this ,just going on what I've read. 

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Lol there are definitely a token couple of people who really don't like this lineup but have shown up on nearly every live thread and general threads about GNR in the present going "Slash secretely hates Frank" as if it wasn't wishful thinking causing some projecting.  Thankfully it is more of an isolated case to just one or two.  When it gets to the point where I read a username and know exactly what their post will say before reading it, I think they just like dissenting more than enjoying the band IMO

LOL, you didn't read Slash interviews last couple of years, did you?

18 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

LOL, you didn't read Slash interviews last couple of years, did you?

Oh yeah now I remember, Slash did give that interview where he said Frank was spineless and he would never ever be in a band with him let alone a band that tours fairly consistently for 3 years because he hates good ol' Thunderchucker just that much

Must have been the same interview where he talked about how much he secretely resents his top hat and is pissed off the stupid GNR reunion is taking time away from his time hanging with Eddie Trunk at the Rainbow

Edited by WhazUp

I don’t know what you whinging bitches are on about. Axl looks better than any guy I know in his late 50’s and sounds good, sometimes great. I’d be thanking my lucky stars if I was there live witnessing that performance. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I forget which show it was but one of the videos of RQ at an early show (I think on MTV) had Axl leave the stage and skip a whole verse of vocals to complain about monitors.