Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 hours ago, MooseMan said:

Does Jungle have vocals, far as you know? I'd really like to hear that version.

I don’t know. Let me be 100% clear that I have NO inside info of what is on these discs - I haven’t heard anything before it leaks to the public, and I’m just as speculative about all this stuff as everyone else. I’ve seen people say both ways whether Jungle has vocals, so...time will tell I hope?

1 hour ago, username said:

All 2001 demo's of the CD songs are better than the CD versions. 

All the unreleased leaked songs are better than at least 2 songs on Chinese Democracy. 

All this stuff should have been released 20 years ago but it wasn't. 

All this stuff still has no sign of ever being released. 

GnR keeps endlessly touring. 

GnR's abortion of a management team hates the fanbase and vice versa. 

There is no justice in this world.

I disagree that all of the demos we just got are better than the album, but I’ll give you most of them are. The two I think really got better the more they got worked on are TWAT (It needs the Buckethead solo), and Prostitute (The guitar solos and orchestration add a ton to this song). Maybe IRS too, never been a huge fan of the whole vibe on the 1999 version. But otherwise yes, the early demos are better. 

As for everyone bitching about the Mac daddy line (Genuinely bitching I mean - I’m all for meme-ing it up), not every lyric has to be musical genius. Axl has given us plenty of amazing lyrics over the years, he can have one goofy line. My second favorite band is The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and I think they have incredible lyrics, a lot of them really resonate with me and there’s some lines I get chills every time I hear even after hundreds of times. They’ve got one song where the chorus starts with the line “put on your big boy pants”. To me that’s a hell of a lot more embarrassing than this :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I still think My World is the worst thing I’ve ever heard from GN’R. But I also love Think About You, so what do I know. 

My World >
- Right Next Door To Hell
- The Garden
- Garden of Eden
- Perfect Crime 
- Bad Apples
- Shotgun Blues

And Eye On You > My World.

19 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I still think My World is the worst thing I’ve ever heard from GN’R. But I also love Think About You, so what do I know. 

Think About You is fucking great. I'd probably go for So Fine being worse than My World, except I dig the shit out of the live version. But studio-wise... yeah, I'd take My World first.