Jump to content
sofine11

(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think it’s just the admins coming to terms with the fact that TB is full of shit and that nothing they say can be taken seriously.

For the record, I didn't change the title of the thread. 

Having said that, I've put zero stock into anything Fernando has said about new music being released. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, I didn't change the title of the thread. 

Having said that, I've put zero stock into anything Fernando has said about new music being released. 

Russ is right here...The admins didn't change it I (the OP) did.  Fernando has been given multiple chances to clear the air/elaborate/confirm/deny what he said about an album within six months, even when approached directly by the staff.

Someone said that it's only a lie if you know what you said was not true.  I agree.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fernando.... Lying or being misleading?! No way!!!

  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fernando.... Lying or being misleading?! No way!!!

Merck got fired for a similar offense in 2006 with his "There's X Tuesday left..." crack.  But Fernando can apparently continue to play the role of the "cop's kid" and do essentially the same shit with impunity.  Cool right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know for sure he is lying? It's still not March and it could come any time before the tour. If you are saying he lied without any evidence then that's sad if the OP changed the title with no facts its sad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It boggles my brain that for a ‘brand’ or ‘organisation’ that is hammered for their driven-by-money outlook, they don’t take full advantage of stuff that is already done and dusted and could be put out with minimal effort and would rake in the dosh:-

Numerous Pro shots from every era

2 x documentaries

Other live material - Marquee 87 has clearly been mixed as per Live In The Jungle release vs SBD version

UYI Boxset - a bit of work to package it up correctly learning from AFD mistakes but the material (from above sources) plus known alt mixes/demos/Ain’t Going Down

CD Boxset - as above, package correctly, tap into known sources, including the years worth of alt mixes/unreleased stuff if not reworked for new album.

Now - I’m just an ‘average joe’ but even I could create awesome packages using the above, already available, materials. How on earth can TB fail to see how easy it could be to appease fans, celebrating the band at the same time all the while making money? Unreal.

While I’d love some of the releases you mentioned and a lot more also, NITL has made the band over $550 million. No new or archival releases are going to generate that revenue. 
 

I just hope they learned from the AFD locked and loaded fiasco before the UYI set comes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.2.2020 at 4:55 PM, sofine11 said:

I wonder if Fernando will have to take ownership of his comments the same way if no album materializes within the next few weeks. 

No. He doesn't, because he didn't confirm it was him. He had a reason for not confirming.

Edited by PatrickS77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This, including the "update", is the lamest thread in weeks...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

While I’d love some of the releases you mentioned and a lot more also, NITL has made the band over $550 million. No new or archival releases are going to generate that revenue. 
 

I just hope they learned from the AFD locked and loaded fiasco before the UYI set comes. 

Totally get that. Still no reason not to fire out a couple of dvd/blu rays or a live album? Wouldn’t harm them - only positives (dosh/good pr/happy fan base).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No one had any idea those Eminem albums were coming. Same thing with Beyoncé. 

 

That's not true actually, there was speculation for several weeks that something was coming from Em. There were definitely rumors. If you'd checked hiphop/Em boards, there was a couple (very long) threads anticipating new music, with plenty of 'cryptic hints' along the way.

Edit: I'm talking about his newest album, not Kamikaze. 

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RussTCB This may be a totally ridiculous idea.....seeing as the moderators on here have lines of communication with management of GNR, and specifically Fernando, would a ‘Q&A’ type-situation be plausible? Thinking of questions that may get answers to many of the topics which confound and bamboozle many?

Also gives the management ‘the right of reply’ too I guess.

Edited by DTJ80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Totally get that. Still no reason not to fire out a couple of dvd/blu rays or a live album? Wouldn’t harm them - only positives (dosh/good pr/happy fan base).

Depends what GNR’s contract stipulates. They get some type of advance for each type of release. Would have to make sense for both GNR and UMG to move forward. That includes strategy. Those types of releases are also usually done when the band is on a considerable amount of downtime after a tour and before any type of album to hold a fanbase over. Since they are on a never ending tour these days and doing reissues, where’s the window to release something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

That's not true actually, there was speculation for several weeks that something was coming from Em. There were definitely rumors. If you'd checked hiphop/Em boards, there was a couple (very long) threads anticipating new music, with plenty of 'cryptic hints' along the way.

Edit: I'm talking about his newest album, not Kamikaze. 

Huh... You learn something new every day. I'm not being a smart ass, I genuinely didn't know that. 

In any case, GN'R could do it if they really wanted to. However, they just don't. 

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

@RussTCB This may be a totally ridiculous idea.....seeing as the moderators on here have lines of communication with management of GNR, and specifically Fernando, would a ‘Q&A’ type-situation be plausible? Thinking of questions that may get answers to many of the topics which confound and bamboozle many?

Also gives the management ‘the right of reply’ too I guess.

All I can say is, yes, that's a wonderful idea. Unfortunately the idea has been run by management several times. They're quite content to just not communicate properly with fans though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Depends what GNR’s contract stipulates. They get some type of advance for each type of release. Would have to make sense for both GNR and UMG to move forward. That includes strategy. Those types of releases are also usually done when the band is on a considerable amount of downtime after a tour and before any type of album to hold a fanbase over. Since they are on a never ending tour these days and doing reissues, where’s the window to release something like that? 

True. However, Appetite For Democracy got released. Two NITL gigs were filmed - surely with the intention to release which would do nothing but enhance ticket sales etc with it being he current line up. Why have they been shelved? And I just found out today there was supposed to be a documentary in 2010 which was filmed but again - shelved?!

How much money has been wasted on filming shows/making documentaries for them to sit on a shelf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

True. However, Appetite For Democracy got released. Two NITL gigs were filmed - surely with the intention to release which would do nothing but enhance ticket sales etc with it being he current line up. Why have they been shelved? And I just found out today there was supposed to be a documentary in 2010 which was filmed but again - shelved?!

How much money has been wasted on filming shows/making documentaries for them to sit on a shelf?

Appetite For Democracy was released in between the last CD tour and NITL. That made sense. 
 

As far as anything else? Prob comes down to $. Either GNR wants too much to let it go or UMG doesn’t want to take a loss releasing it. Or the footage just sucks 

Edited by guitarpatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh... You learn something new every day. I'm not being a smart ass, I genuinely didn't know that. 

In any case, GN'R could do it if they really wanted to. However, they just don't. 

All I can say is, yes, that's a wonderful idea. Unfortunately the idea has been run by management several times. They're quite content to just not communicate properly with fans though. 

Fair enough - you’ve asked and if they won’t play ball then what can you do?! So frustrating. One Q&A would potentially solve a lot of frustrations - pity they can’t see that.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Appetite For Democracy was released in between the last CD tour and NITL. That made sense. 
 

As far as anything else? Prob comes down to $. Either GNR wants too much to let it go or UMG doesn’t want to take a loss releasing it 

So frustrating isn’t it. Apparently all the 2010 SA shows were filmed for individual release - again, shelved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I think he his a fan since 87, not born in 87. Whatever. 

Well then he needs to elaborate. Us “old fucks” are getting offended! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just view GNR as a nostalgia act that is 3/5ths the real deal and its whatever

They/Axl made it clear through their touring schedule from 2017-now that's all they(Axl) want(s) to be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×