(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

@RussTCB sorry I am having trouble editing my quotes as they seem to be getting screwed up. But anyway 

Okay, I will stop mentioning that part as  I can see why you don't want that impression. I never ever wanted to try to associate this site with that.. truly. But  I am talking in broader terms and trying to help understand what the view in their minds is as I assume that's what this topic is mainly about and not just this site and its relationship to the GNR management but you are free to correct me and again I DO NOT have the intention of trying to offend anyone so if you feel like that's the case tell me because I am trying to understand both sides of situation.

I am not saying we are at fault and again I am only trying to understand both sides of the situation as I am late in the game I only have been a fan since about 2013/2014 and my first GNR concert was Foxboro 2016 when I was a senior in High School I didn't go through the wait for Chinese Democracy or the 23-year feud so my experience no way makes me better I have only been on the forums since about 2015 and I can only observe from what I have witnessed from that time.

This is my opinion only

For many of us posting on these forums is a hobby and fun but we are NOT the majority of the GNR fanbase. The Not In This Lifetime Tour had 4,189,744 people attend it.

The vast majority were people wanting to see history being made or just love fun and epic concert GNR has 30 million likes on Instagram and Twitter and that's not even including the various areas of the world o or those that just don't even use the internet for forums and have their own daily lives and issues/beliefs 

MYGNR has 55,000 members and various other forums have varying degrees of membership and activity that fluctuate at different times. But for the vast majority of people who arere fans don't follow every show post on forums, don' t even know who TB is or what's happening with youtube or the leaks many of them grew up in the 80s but moved on when Slash and Duff left and wanted to relive their youth/share the experience with kids and old friends 

If TB thinks that because of other bad experiences on websites that probably make up less then 5% of the total fan base in a world with 3 billion people then they have the right to not be so friendly with forums that are more receptive to them and want an open dialogue.  

In their minds

They don't need to have to associate with whats a less than 5% of the fanbase if they feel that they don't have the best of intentions  The only way we can get any sort of statement/open dialogue between us and TB. is if we make these things go viral and major news sites like CBS, Fox, ABC, etc and they continually run the stories. 

It can't just be Rolling Stone and Blabermnouth doing one story about GNR and then move on to something else. 

Until then all we can do is complain the only way we have power is if these stories go viral and people who are not forum geeks start dropping their shows.

I am trying to be as diplomatic as possible and I apologize for the formatting my computer is freezing constantly

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Don't make yourself look like a fool on April 1st. ;)

I said if we don't get an album this year or march then to hell and I admit that they are terrible

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Since you claim you're not referring to this forum and it's users when you say people are making "death threats and racist memes" about Fernando and his family, I'd appreciate it if you stop mentioning that here. 

We do not, have not and would not allow that behavior ever. Continually mentioning it on this site (twice in two days) makes it seem as if we have some association with that behavior and the people who choose to act that way. 

Yes, I realize that you inserted a disclaimer this time, but there's still no need to post it on here as if it has any association with this site.

Also, the fan base has given years....decades of good faith towards Axl and TB. If they're going to be professionals, they're going to need to learn that they need to get over the fact that parts of the internet are mean. 

Instead of hiding behind an excuse like "some people are mean to us on the internet", they instead reward the 95% of the fan base that's always showed them good will? 

I couldn't agree more with that last bit. It's pathetic how much they care anout some mean comments on the Internet. Doesn't seem to stop any other band from releasing music. It's like it's 1995 and they've just discovered dial-up for the first time.

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@Gibsonfender2323for many, many years all GN'R had was the forum fans. There's no dollar amount that they're making these days that would justify treating your most loyal fans like dirt.

Again I understand that and I am not trying to defend their actions because I am still a "newbie" and I am trying to be as humble as possible

But the only way we can get any sort of statement or dialogue is if it hits them where it hurts the most or if the major news outlets start hounding them repeatedly and they see all the new people they brought in or the old fans that never visited the forums but came back when Slash and Duff returned leave them.

During those years the forum fans definitely had a lot of power to influence GNR and TB, But the truth is those days are gone now.

I am not saying we give up. But we should accept the situation for what it is but still continue to hold them accountable and do whatever possible to get them to change. But the only way we can do that is if this forum has 100,000 or even more members. Until then we are the minority unless something absolutely catastrophic happens.

But for now, the only thing we can do is try and get as many new people that recently became fans or returned and educate them on the situation and get them to spread it. That's the only thing we can do now

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Also the box-set fucking sucked. I know I am making an unfair comparison here, but look a what the Grateful Dead have been releasing for decades. Live shows by the dozen, booklets, photos and DVDs, oh yeah and the art looks good because they take the time to find good artists to work with. If you go on their page you will see really good merchandise that has been clearly designed with the fans in mind, and none of it costs $1000. There is also a section where people can leave comments regarding the merch, to which dedicated people reply without being dicks. They care about their legacy and fans, and and it shows. I suggest you go on their website, to see for yourselves, even if you are not a fan. Now I know that the Dead and their community are a very unique phenomenon in the industry, but this didn't happen by itself; it happened because the musicians and people that surrounded them actually cared to build one. You'd think that the guy who wrote about "kids spending their hard-earned money to read about bands they wanna know about" wouldn't have the gall to sell tacky merchandise at outrageous prices. You'd think they would hire someone with experience, or at least someone who isn't rude to the fans that made them what they are.

Actually, you don't have to take the Grateful Dead as an example. Take literally any other band in the world, or hell even a member of GNR. Somehow I really doubt Shash's manager is going around shitting on his fanbase.

PS: @Gibsonfender2323 If an album is indeed released by the 31st of March, I will personally buy you a copy. No BS.

Just now, Sonic Reducer said:

Also the box-set fucking sucked. I know I am making an unfair comparison here, but look a what the Grateful Dead have been releasing for decades. Live shows by the dozen, booklets, photos and  

PS: @Gibsonfender2323 If an album is indeed released by the 31st of March, I will personally buy you a copy. No BS.

HAHAHAH. No need I don't have a CD Player Anymore. But if I am wrong I will eat my shorts 

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Geffen gave them that deal/advance for that project. They then merged with Interscope along with A&M under UMG in 1998/1999 where Jimmy Iovine took charge. The people who were overseeing that project weren’t the one’s who signed off on the deal or who invested in it. It was a sunken cost taken on during a merger. By the end it was something that could offset your books at the end of the fiscal year more than a realistic opportunity to break even, let alone profit 

Not that GNR did themselves any favors during that time to give themselves a shot anyways 

This is a complete rewriting of history.

Roy Thomas Baker worked on Chinese, who had produced all the classic Queen albums such as Night at the Opera. Bob Ezrin then came in, who had produced such classics as Pink Floyd's The Wall and all the classic Alice Cooper albums. Ezrin was brought in by Iovine who himself had worked on the classic Springsteen albums such as Born to Run. RTB, Ezrin and Iovine: that is a plethora of rock production-situated experience and talent and demonstrates a real commitment by Interscope. 

But still, ''it is those people's fault and not W. Axl Rose's''!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

I'm also tired of seeing people blame Ezrin for CD not being released in 2000, even if Axl was "ready to mix" that means nothing in terms of actually handing it over. And all that Ezrin did was give Axl advice, he had no authority to block CD. We still have zero proof the label ever rejected CD or CD II. Seems like making excuses for Axl.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I'm also tired of seeing people blame Ezrin for CD not being released in 2000, even if Axl was "ready to mix" that means nothing in terms of actually handing it over. And all that Ezrin did was give Axl advice, he had no authority to block CD. We still have zero proof the label ever rejected CD or CD II. Seems like making excuses for Axl.

Axl said he delivered an unmixed version of CD in 1999 and the label told him they thought it could be better. He seemed impressed at the time or at least liked that they had that opinion of it.

while Ezrin did not have real power when it came to the album, Axl specifically wanted his opinion on the quality of the songs. I think it's likely his thoughts on the matter could have influenced Axl's level of artistic confidence, but maybe it wasn't just one thing or person that caused the delays.

I don't think Ezrin wanted to sabotage anything, he probably just gave his opinion on it but I disagree with him that the 1999/2000 version of Chinese wasn't good enough to be released as is and I think if he had positive things to say about it, there's a chance Axl would have released it earlier.

edit: Robin convinced him to release This I Love, Jimmy Iovine convinced him to release Oh My God, he asked Slash's and Duff's opinion on My World, etc.

I suppose Ezrin could have said shit about Chinese just so Axl would hire him to help improve it but who knows.

Edited by Rovim

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is all just a load of cobblers to avoid placing the blame at Rose's door - Ezrins, Iovines, RTBs, Bucketheads, everyone else but W. Axl Rose. There are enough comments from people like Moby and Finck who basically said that he had a million tapes with no vocals. You cannot very well blame the producers if ginger bollocks cannot be arsed to record vocals. 

it took Axl 2 years to complete an unmixed version of the album. From 1997 to 1999. He managed to record most of the vocals before that point in time. He delivered it to the label. They rejected it and RTB rerecorded the album which Tommy said was unnecessary.

the tinkering is on Axl, like a lot of other shit he tried to pull but I believe Tommy when he said many of the main reasons for the delays were not about the music. He doesn't give enough of a fuck to lie about it imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it took Axl 2 years to complete an unmixed version of the album. From 1997 to 1999. He managed to record most of the vocals before that point in time. He delivered it to the label. They rejected it and RTB rerecorded the album which Tommy said was unnecessary.

the tinkering is on Axl, like a lot of other shit he tried to pull but I believe Tommy when he said many of the main reasons for the delays were not about the music. He doesn't give enough of a fuck to lie about it imo.

For me what is fascinating about the leaks and then corroborating that with the stories from the time - RTB made them re-record the album but the vocals remained untouched.

9 hours ago, dally said:

Sure.. i’v been listening to CD all night.. and damn.. it is a realy depressive album.. you love it.. and boom you fucking hate it.. after all those years it still make no sence.. can’t make up my mind about it, it’s like a bad taco.. masterpice and diarrhea.....:smiley-confused2:

Playing devils advocate maybe his brain chemistry contributes towards his constant procrastinations and as a consequence maybe being positive with kindness towards Axl would be more helpful.  Also as regards his 'adopted family, he most likely would not be alive if not for Beta...

9 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

For me what is fascinating about the leaks and then corroborating that with the stories from the time - RTB made them re-record the album but the vocals remained untouched.

I remember Tommy said RTB particularly hated the guitar tones, so maybe not a complete rerecording, or maybe Axl was simply satisfied with the existing vocals, at least at the time.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl said he delivered an unmixed version of CD in 1999 and the label told him they thought it could be better. He seemed impressed at the time or at least liked that they had that opinion of it.

while Ezrin did not have real power when it came to the album, Axl specifically wanted his opinion on the quality of the songs. I think it's likely his thoughts on the matter could have influenced Axl's level of artistic confidence, but maybe it wasn't just one thing or person that caused the delays.

I don't think Ezrin wanted to sabotage anything, he probably just gave his opinion on it but I disagree with him that the 1999/2000 version of Chinese wasn't good enough to be released as is and I think if he had positive things to say about it, there's a chance Axl would have released it earlier.

edit: Robin convinced him to release This I Love, Jimmy Iovine convinced him to release Oh My God, he asked Slash's and Duff's opinion on My World, etc.

I suppose Ezrin could have said shit about Chinese just so Axl would hire him to help improve it but who knows.

Hang on. 

While i do agree that axl handed in unmixed of what supposed to be CD, didnt ezrin give feedback to axl, and there are interviews online as to ezrins views, that the album lacked a single and that he thought it wasnt enough to release as the album was?. I agree i dont think ezrins sabotaged anything or had sabotaging intentions. Iovinne obviously cared about erins input that it was back to the drawing board.

My view is that what was to be released in 2000 shits over the diluted and boring product that came out in 08. Axl was right and should have stuck to his guns. 

54 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Hang on. 

While i do agree that axl handed in unmixed of what supposed to be CD, didnt ezrin give feedback to axl, and there are interviews online as to ezrins views, that the album lacked a single and that he thought it wasnt enough to release as the album was?. I agree i dont think ezrins sabotaged anything or had sabotaging intentions. Iovinne obviously cared about erins input that it was back to the drawing board.

My view is that what was to be released in 2000 shits over the diluted and boring product that came out in 08. Axl was right and should have stuck to his guns. 

I think some of it got diluted and some was improved. Did the album lack a single? I think it did. It didn't have what Contraband had like Fall To Pieces and Slither, but Tom Zutaut kinda said the same thing. I don't think Chinese is that type of an album. Not very anthemic, not too many catchy choruses, and not riff-driven. 

some great tunes imo but not nearly as mainstream as Contraband was. It's interesting that both albums are comparable in how many units were sold. CB sold more domestically, Chinese fared better in foreign markets.

Edited by Rovim

The label wanted a hit record > CD didn't have one > they held out hope that Axl's genius would come through eventually > it never came and Axl only kept tinkering with the same songs making them worse > a deal comes along that allowed them to make their money back immediately > they take it > CD is released as an overproduced mess in 2008. 

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 4

Probably there was little recording of vocals until Robin Finck left for the first time (August 1999). Axl recorded a lot of vocals in the months after that, though, most of which were done during Beavan's time (as confirmed by the liner notes on the alternate CD covers, by Beavan himself and also by Brian May), i.e. before Bob Ezrin and Roy Thomas Baker were involved. And now, with the leaks, there is solid proof that Axl had an album near finished by the end of 2000.

• Like 1

Even if the label rejected the album back in 99, can we blame them?

Its likely the songs that leaked came from this version of the album and although its a little better than what was released, it wasnt really a Great album overall, so so at tops.

So just imagine, a label invests a lot of money on the comeback album of Rose and he turns in that turd. Id reject it myself too. It wasnt just an album, it was the GUNS N ROSES comeback album. There were a lot of anticipation over it and it wasnt even on the level of UYI, that isnt THAT great also.