(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

I remember Tommy said RTB particularly hated the guitar tones, so maybe not a complete rerecording, or maybe Axl was simply satisfied with the existing vocals, at least at the time.

Didn't know that, atleast I'm not the only who hated the guitar tones on CD. Honestly they should've gotten Bob Rock to it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Didn't know that, atleast I'm not the only who hated the guitar tones on CD. Honestly they should've gotten Bob Rock to it.

Tommy basically said it wasn't good enough of a reason to rerecord it cause he thought it was possible to just tweak the sounds through the software and not try every amp in the world in order to get it done.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, soon said:

Personally I love the guitar tones on CD. They are gorgeous. And Id say theres no disagreeing that at least the clean tones on CD are way better than the clean tones on UYI?

With CD the guitar tones are fine, however to me it is a shame a lot of the tones I wanted to hear front and center got obscured by all the (IMO) needless layering

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

With CD the guitar tones are fine, however to me it is a shame a lot of the tones I wanted to hear front and center got obscured by all the (IMO) needless 

They should've gotten Bob Rock to mix the official '08 CD, if it sounded like the '94 Crue record the album would sound perfect.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl should ditch GNR and go on tour with izzy - acoustic sets just them too then maybe they'll write a few hits 

TB should fuck right off

Yeah, they could go by The Flying Grilled Stuft Burrito Brothers(extra avocado)and have The Bacon Brothers open for them. 

• Haha 1

Nobody sane is giving Guns N Roses a fucking dime to make another record after Chinese Democracy. There's money in touring, there isn't once you start giving cheques to the band, in name, that launched the most expensive record ever made with no direct promotion whatsoever who some people probably think 'The KFC guy' is part of.

3 minutes ago, mr-fukaji said:

Nobody sane is giving Guns N Roses a fucking dime to make another record after Chinese Democracy. There's money in touring, there isn't once you start giving cheques to the band, in name, that launched the most expensive record ever made with no direct promotion whatsoever who some people probably think 'The KFC guy' is part of.

If you actually know the history of the delays. It was Bob Ezrin and Jimmy Ivonie trying to screw Axl over.

In two years both Axl and Izzy will be 60 years old. 

I don't know about you but I don't know a lot of people near retirement age that's looking to work their asses off on projects that yield little financial benefits.

I have a hard time believing we'll see new music if a new album isn't out in the next year or two.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't know about you but I don't know a lot of people near retirement age that's looking to work their asses off on projects that yield little financial benefits.

I have a hard time believing we'll see new music if a new album isn't out in the next year or two.  

This analogy only works if you accept Rose and Stradlin work ''normal jobs'' like normal people, whereby they clock-in and clock-off, doing something they generally detest for a regular wage before retiring around the age of 65. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I've read it multiple times. Try reading it without your Rose colored glasses.

What  Rose colored glasses?.  If the album was ready to go in 99 band tour and release schedule ready but  Ivonie and Ezrin said do it again multiple times with Axl trying to satisfy them who’s fault really is it? It’s a combination of both Axl and the Label but mostly the Label trying to screw Axl .

it can’t be written any clearer  to put the blame squarely on Axel without actually knowing the state of thing at UMG is revisionist history 

If we get an album this month or year or two and it goes well. We most likely will be seeing more albums from the band.

But if the label is not behind GNR 100% or this release goes in anyway poorly and Axl is not confident about the material.  this next album might be the last .

Alternatively they might just do their own Label and just release straight to the distributor. Now with Slash and Duff back this option seems more likely to happen if the release goes poorly as Axl has backup support and GNR is probably the most cohesive it’s ever been as they are all sober and in a good place 

Does anyone know if they are still under the contract from the 90s and if that’s the case if they are definitely required to release another album or 2 under UMG  then I can see them direct to distributor

2 hours ago, downzy said:

many musicians do it because they feel a need to create obviously. I think if Axl will create and release another album it will be for the sake of the Gn'R catalog. Ideally, it's not just about the money. Iron Maiden and Metallica are not exactly young bands anymore but they still release albums and it's already harder for Gn'R to sellout venues. Another reason to release new material.

Edited by Rovim

22 minutes ago, Rovim said:

many musicians do it because they feel a need to create obviously. I think if Axl will create and release another album it will be for the sake of the Gn'R catalog. Ideally, it's not just about the money. Iron Maiden and Metallica are not exactly young bands anymore but they still release albums and it's already harder for Gn'R to sellout venues. Another reason to release new material.

This next albums reception and how it's released is the key to the future of GNR. This is the most hyped album probably of all time. Its historical relevance is clear. The band is not stupid. If this albums released is screwed up by either Axl and the band or the management it could basically either be the greatest album ever produced or it could be a complete disaster that actually causes friction again and the results won't be pretty they can't just put something in and send it out without any concrete plan like some people think,

The way it's received and how it sells is basically if this reunion was for nothing or if its the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of music and something people will talk about for years and if it goes well everyone's happy.

Think the lead up to CD and how it was constantly delayed and it hurt its impact because if it was on time we could have. This album is more important then CD and they can't go through that whole saga again they are probably under extreme pressure as this album will define their legacy good or bad.

Its not as simple as people think it is

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This next albums reception and how it's released is the key to the future of GNR. This is the most hyped album probably of all time. Its historical relevance is clear. The band is not stupid. If this albums released is screwed up by either Axl and the band or the management it could basically either be the greatest album ever produced or it could be a complete disaster that actually causes friction again and the results won't be pretty they can't just put something in and send it out without any concrete plan like some people think,

The way it's received and how it sells is basically if this reunion was for nothing or if its the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of music and something people will talk about for years and if it goes well everyone's happy.

Think the lead up to CD and how it was constantly delayed and it hurt its impact because if it was on time we could have. This album is more important then CD and they can't go through that whole saga again they are probably under extreme pressure as this album will define their legacy good or bad.

Its not as simple as people think it is

Most hyped album of all time?  1991 called while 2008 texted and thinks that's delusional. Define their legacy?  That was cemented long ago.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

What  Rose colored glasses?.  If the album was ready to go in 99 band tour and release schedule ready but  Ivonie and Ezrin said do it again multiple times with Axl trying to satisfy them who’s fault really is it? It’s a combination of both Axl and the Label but mostly the Label trying to screw Axl .

it can’t be written any clearer  to put the blame squarely on Axel without actually knowing the state of thing at UMG is revisionist history 

LOL, Axel....

Also....heres why you're having a hard time on this forum: we've all been you. For years. For decades. We've all given Axl, GN'R and everyone associated with them a chance. They never stop disappointing us though and they certainly never stop shitting on their loyal fan base. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

New music will need to be good or great for the label to even want to release it. They may have already handed in music and it was rejected, who knows?

if it’s chinese leftovers, I’d lean towards a rejection by the label.  If Axls voice is shot in the studio as well as live, then we probably won’t get any new music at all.

If rock the rock was the most recent demonstration of Axls abilities in the studio, I’m not interested anyway

4 hours ago, downzy said:

I agree to a certain extent however we know that material is pretty much in place (certainly the basis if we just look at the village sessions stuff). So they don’t actually need to work that hard compared to starting from scratch - even an EP or a couple of EPs over then next few years would keep the show on the road.

16 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

New music will need to be good or great for the label to even want to release it. They may have already handed in music and it was rejected, who knows?

if it’s chinese leftovers, I’d lean towards a rejection by the label.  If Axls voice is shot in the studio as well as live, then we probably won’t get any new music at all.

If rock the rock was the most recent demonstration of Axls abilities in the studio, I’m not interested anyway

1) They’ve just made half a billion dollars, i.e. they can choose any label they want or not use any label at all and release it themselves. Any contract may be terminated, even if they’d have to pay a penalty for that. Besides, any label would be more than happy to release anything new that has Axl and Slash together on it.

2) If anything, Rock the Rock showed us that not only Axl still has consistent rasp, but also that he can use it in that middle voice level in the studio, which he doesn’t do live any more, hasn’t since 2010. As for the rest, not every song has to sound like TWAT or Thunderstruck.

All we need them to do is start looking very seriously in the regard of releasing shit and ceasing to run the same playlist for years on.  

• Like 1