(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, Axel....

Also....heres why you're having a hard time on this forum: we've all been you. For years. For decades. We've all given Axl, GN'R and everyone associated with them a chance. They never stop disappointing us though and they certainly never stop shitting on their loyal fan base. 

You might speek for a majority but not for ALL. Still there are fans seeing the gray between black and white - and thats not a matter of time following a band or forum ...

56 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The label would not be reluctant for a second to release new material with 3/5ths the appetite line up on it. I am incapable of understanding how you can blame the lack of anything new on anyone but Axl.

This 100%.

There’s only one reason why a new album isn’t forthcoming and I’m sure we all know who that is.

Axl will die one day and we’ll still be left wondering why things were the way they were. Why was he always so late every show on UYI tour? Why did he feel the need to evolve as a band when their music was already awesome? Why did CD take so long to release? Why all the gag orders and secrecy? Why won’t he release new music, live dvds, old shows.

At this point, it just sorta is what it is. 

Even a book from Axl wouldn’t help at all. It would be full of long rants and an impressive vocabulary that ultimately raises more questions than answers.

4 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This next albums reception and how it's released is the key to the future of GNR. This is the most hyped album probably of all time. Its historical relevance is clear. The band is not stupid. If this albums released is screwed up by either Axl and the band or the management it could basically either be the greatest album ever produced or it could be a complete disaster that actually causes friction again and the results won't be pretty they can't just put something in and send it out without any concrete plan like some people think,

The way it's received and how it sells is basically if this reunion was for nothing or if its the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of music and something people will talk about for years and if it goes well everyone's happy.

Think the lead up to CD and how it was constantly delayed and it hurt its impact because if it was on time we could have. This album is more important then CD and they can't go through that whole saga again they are probably under extreme pressure as this album will define their legacy good or bad.

Its not as simple as people think it is

No, just no. That ship has sailed long ago. It wouldn't be a big event now at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WhazUp said:

With CD the guitar tones are fine, however to me it is a shame a lot of the tones I wanted to hear front and center got obscured by all the (IMO) needless layering

I agree that the layering on CD was a bit much, to say the least. I dont know how I would back up this statement, but to my ears the guitars dont suffer with the layering as much as other aspects of the mix. By that I mean the main guitar parts. Theres definitely some leads that go behind vocals and 'atmospheric' stuff that is buried. Id love to hear those tones more clearly as well, but for me the main parts are there.

That said, the stabs in Prostitute does kinda bury a very tasty oversaturated guitar tone on the rhythm guitar. But I still like that section a lot, with the strings dominating the sonics. To each there own, I guess.

I guess I'm of two minds because if they released a raw mix with a focus on guitars I would love that too! CD and UYI.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, soon said:

But I still like that section a lot, with the strings dominating the sonics. To each there own, I guess.

there's a brilliant melody that is played with the strings in Prostitute that goes perfectly with Axl's vocal melody during it. (1:43-2:00 mark)

Edited by Rovim
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This next albums reception and how it's released is the key to the future of GNR. This is the most hyped album probably of all time. Its historical relevance is clear. The band is not stupid. If this albums released is screwed up by either Axl and the band or the management it could basically either be the greatest album ever produced or it could be a complete disaster that actually causes friction again and the results won't be pretty they can't just put something in and send it out without any concrete plan like some people think,

The way it's received and how it sells is basically if this reunion was for nothing or if its the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of music and something people will talk about for years and if it goes well everyone's happy.

Think the lead up to CD and how it was constantly delayed and it hurt its impact because if it was on time we could have. This album is more important then CD and they can't go through that whole saga again they are probably under extreme pressure as this album will define their legacy good or bad.

Its not as simple as people think it is

a potential new Gn'R release is far from being the most hyped album of all time. It is not even the most hyped Gn'R album of all time. This band has already secured their position. There isn't going to be a huge shift in their status just because a new release will be shit or great imo.

I agree that Axl is probably cautious when it comes to releases cause he doesn't want to ruin the band's perfect streak of albums of original material (with Slash at least, although I'd include Chinese as well)

Does the band have more to gain or lose with another release if we assume that for Axl, every Guns release must be like a grand musical statement?

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

It’s weird, because there was a window where there was such goodwill they could have literally put out 7 Slash solo album outtakes with Axl singing on top and 3 CD leftovers and it would have been hailed as a grand return. But like everything with this band, even if quality it’s just past the point where people at large care.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rovim said:

a potential new Gn'R release is far from being the most hyped album of all time. It is not even the most hyped Gn'R album of all time. This band has already secured their position. There isn't going to be a huge shift in their status just because a new release will be shit or great imo.

I agree that Axl is probably cautious when it comes to releases cause he doesn't want to ruin the band's perfect streak of albums of original material (with Slash at least, although I'd include Chinese as well)

Does the band have more to gain or lose with another release if we assume that for Axl, every Guns release must be like a grand musical statement?

You’re looking at a 24 hr news cycle on Twitter at best. It’s why a surprise release doesn’t really make sense to me outside of a single. Release the single with pre-orders/bundles. Then you’ll get another news cycle/promo opportunity push once the album is released. That’ll be the extent of it.

The label needs to capitalize across the board with streaming and physical sales with an older artist/fanbase like this. The band releases it in accordance with another major announcement such as more dates and press (from Slash and Duff most likely) 

The whole premise is you need to try and keep coming back to get people’s attention with multiple attacks that are spread out over a few weeks 

16 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You’re looking at a 24 hr news cycle on Twitter at best. It’s why a surprise release doesn’t really make sense to me outside of a single. Release the single with pre-orders/bundles. Then you’ll get another news cycle/promo opportunity push once the album is released. That’ll be the extent of it.

The label needs to capitalize across the board with streaming and physical sales with an older artist/fanbase like this. The band releases it in accordance with another major announcement such as more dates and press (from Slash and Duff most likely) 

The whole premise is you need to try and keep coming back to get people’s attention with multiple attacks that are spread out over a few weeks 

a release plan for Gn'R? no surprise release, you give people as many options to purchase the music as possible, physical copies, both cd's and vinyl, digital and you don't stop promoting it while having a big budget to work with (commercials, billboards, internet and radio interviews, etc)

it will also probably be a good idea not to wait a full year before embarking on a tour to support the album.

But even in a best case scenario, how much units can Gn'R sell nowdays? any hard rock band? maybe the definition of success is different compared to 20 years ago. Even if you get it right, it's more of how much revenue a successful album generates indirectly cause I can't see a great Gn'R album selling even 4 mill.

Edited by Rovim

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

a release plan for Gn'R? no surprise release, you give people as many options to purchase the music as possible, physical copies, both cd's and vinyl, digital and you don't stop promoting it while having a big budget to work with (commercials, billboards, internet and radio interviews, etc)

it will also probably be a good idea not to wait a full year before embarking on a tour to support the album.

But even in a best case scenario, how much units can Gn'R sell nowdays? any hard rock band? maybe the definition of success is different compared to 20 years ago. Even if you get it right, it's more of how much revenue a successful album generates indirectly cause I can't see a great Gn'R album selling even 4 mill.

No one is selling 4 million albums. Taylor Swift was the only artist to sell a million last year. It’s all streaming and getting synch deals. That doesn’t mean UMG won’t try and capitalize off of physical sales. 

5 hours ago, alf@melmac said:

You might speek for a majority but not for ALL. Still there are fans seeing the gray between black and white - and thats not a matter of time following a band or forum ...

So.... You have never given Axl, TB and GN'R the benefit of the doubt? 

32 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

No one is selling 4 million albums. Taylor Swift was the only artist to sell a million last year. It’s all streaming and getting synch deals. That doesn’t mean UMG won’t try and capitalize off of physical sales. 

Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran sold a lot too but yes, the vast majority of artists don't really sell at that level and it's not hard rock so not relevant. Tool didn't even break a mill if I'm not mistaken (actual physical and digital sales)

everyone will try to capitalize but I doubt UMG will manage to capitalize off of physical sales, any sales for that matter without the band profiting from it as well in some way. I wonder how much Axl, Slash, and Duff made from Greatest Hits which was a huge success.

They can't do another BestBuy deal, it's not 2008 anymore. They can do what Prince did, include a copy of the new album with the ticket to the show but I don't know if they're modern enough to do it. Giving it for free like U2 did by making a deal with Apple also seems too extreme for Gn'R.

They will need to get creative like last time with the approach of selling it but in a new landscape that is way more challenging. You make your money from touring after you've put together an album that is well received by your fans in 2020.

let's see how AC/DC will approach it and how well they will do

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran sold a lot too but yes, the vast majority of artists don't really sell at that level and it's not hard rock so not relevant. Tool didn't even break a mill if I'm not mistaken (actual physical and digital sales)

everyone will try to capitalize but I doubt UMG will manage to capitalize off of physical sales, any sales for that matter without the band profiting from it as well in some way. I wonder how much Axl, Slash, and Duff made from Greatest Hits which was a huge success.

They can't do another BestBuy deal, it's not 2008 anymore. They can do what Prince did, include a copy of the new album with the ticket to the show but I don't know if they're modern enough to do it. Giving it for free like U2 did by making a deal with Apple also seems too extreme for Gn'R.

They will need to get creative like last time with the approach of selling it but in a new landscape that is way more challenging. You make your money from touring after you've put together an album that is well received by your fans in 2020.

let's see how AC/DC will approach it and how well they will do

Think it’s going to take a bit of renegotiating with the label to get it out as well. Whether they let UMG take a piece of sponsorship tie ins or synch $ from the release etc..If that advance number is high like most old traditional deals, they won’t recoup just off of physical/streaming in this market 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Most hyped album of all time?  1991 called while 2008 texted and thinks that's delusional. Define their legacy?  That was cemented long ago.

Over complication is the last line of defense from GNR. Every other band on earth has no problem releasing new music, yet for GNR it's some sort of miracle achievement that just isn't possible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

So.... You have never given Axl, TB and GN'R the benefit of the doubt? 

Why should I?

They make their own decisions: some I like, some I dont -  some I understand, some I dont.

I dont put so much feelings into the band, the emotional connection to me is their music.

1 minute ago, alf@melmac said:

Why should I?

They make their own decisions: some I like, some I dont -  some I understand, some I dont.

I dont put so much feelings into the band, the emotional connection to me is their music.

If the band doesn't put out music, then there's nothing to connect to in the future. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alf@melmac said:

Their always will be GNR music out there in the universe - its timeless

I was talking about new music, of course. GN'R has not put out a catalog that will stand the test of time. Sure, one or two songs will but that's about it as of now. 

2 minutes ago, alf@melmac said:

- its timeless

which is why most fans want more. Most fans of music as well. They want more than just 4 albums of original material and they mostly get more if the band they are fans of was formed 35 years ago. It is what it is which is something but it could have been so much more and the frustration is understandable.