Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im interested why the band didnt take legal action

Maybe they didn't have proof? A guy on Reddit is citing old articles of a failed festival Rick put together, calling him a conman and saying he was distributing the mp3s even after selling back to GNR. 

We're never gonna know the truth.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:52 AM, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Well, I guess I’m alone on this one. I don’t think that Axl is their hostage and he’s also not a saint. Yes, it seems that TB does everything to please him, but I absolutely do not believe that they make this very important decisions without him knowing about it, especially because he loves having control. Axl is a pretty smart guy and it’s a very comfortable position for him having someone to publicly take the blame for every bad decision that GNR makes. 

I can relate to your explanation because it is a little confusing to me why a man who apparently likes being in control would be "enslaved " by his management team.I remember how he made fun of people believing that he's "enslaved by a Brazilian family" during an interview in 2016.

Edited by The Garden of Guns N Roses

56 minutes ago, Creed said:

Most probably not true, since Beta met Doug Goldstein privately once. Axl was really pissed after that 'affair'. There was most probably reunion talk going on in that hotel room.

If memory serves the conversation was about a reunion or for beta to try and convince axl to work towards a reunion axl found out and almost terminated their relationship.

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

If memory serves the conversation was about a reunion or for beta to try and convince axl to work towards a reunion axl found out and almost terminated their relationship.

This wouldn't add up, because in that infamous 2009 letter Doug was telling Axl that he should sack Azoff because he had a reunion agenda and take him (Doug) back who would work for NuGnR's best interest, etc.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Based on that article it seems like they were looking for Rick from the first show onwards. I still think that if he had kept quiet about buying the CDs none of this would've happened. He put a target on his back by bragging about it online.

Yeah, Rick really went about this terribly. He isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Yep. I'm getting some Metallica vs. Napster feelings here. It hurts the band's brand a lot more.

I'm not sure who is responsible for stuff like that, and I see people here always blaming TB for everything, even the lack of new material. I don't care about them, but Axl is a grown man, same for the rest of the band. They are accountable. 

The rest of the band isn't exist anymore, Slash and Duff isn't had participant about CD, the only responsible about it situation are Axl and TB.

1 hour ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

But wouldn't that mean that the order was given by Axl initially since TB are working according to his wishes ? 

No. TB pulls all sorts of shit that Axl had no idea about. 

25 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

Why aren't we discussing about de 105 pages pdf leaked and all the info/things that can see the light sooner?

A couple of reasons, the biggest being that @downzyhad made it clear we're not going to allow any of that here.

Edit- it's also worth noting that the same document leaked years ago. It's all incredibly out of date info that may or may not have been accurate in the first place. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

When Rick went on every platform he could to tell everyone "Hi, my name's Rick Dunsford and I'm on my way to buy 19 CDs of unreleased music!", he really can't be suprised that he has fans on one side angry at him for hoarding and then TB on the other angry at him when the CDs he bought eventually leaked.

I don't understand why he would put such a huge target on himself like that. It wasn't exactly a smart decision.

Yeah pretty stupid thing to do.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah pretty stupid thing to do.

Because it's about attention seeking. If you take a step back, and look at this subjectively, placing your personal feelings about the bands management to one side, its very simple. 

It's extortion and a shake down for more money.

They paid him money as compensation, and this person now wants more. 

The band and its management have a right to remove or refuse entry to a show, if they deem it necessary.

Don't over complicate something, that is that simple to understand, why that person was advised, to no longer attend Gun N Roses concerts in the future. 

The band and its management are not the ones in the wrong, as they are simply pretecting their interests.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No. TB pulls all sorts of shit that Axl had no idea about. 

A couple of reasons, the biggest being that @downzyhad made it clear we're not going to allow any of that here.

Edit- it's also worth noting that the same document leaked years ago. It's all incredibly out of date info that may or may not have been accurate in the first place. 

Do you think that TB has a higher / the highest power of the band in general compared to the actual band members ? I always thought that Axl would be the actual "boss" (along with Slash and Duff possibly ) since he hires and pays them and TB considers him as their authority as well...

Been a fan of this band for many years but the relationship between this band and the management is a little complicated as it seems and everyone here seems to view things differently...so I am grateful for some clarification :)

Edited by The Garden of Guns N Roses

1 hour ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Well, I guess I’m alone on this one. I don’t think that Axl is their hostage and he’s also not a saint. Yes, it seems that TB does everything to please him, but I absolutely do not believe that they make this very important decisions without him knowing about it, especially because he loves having control. Axl is a pretty smart guy and it’s a very comfortable position for him having someone to publicly take the blame for every bad decision that GNR makes. 

You're not alone. Like I said before, Axl is accountable. At the very least, he chose to have those kind of people around him.

Do I like TB? I dont care about them. I dont know them personally. I do think their behavior towards fans to be very fucked up. But people keep blaming them for every single bad decision with the band. Isnt that just an excuse to not blame Axl himself?

44 minutes ago, Ratam said:

The rest of the band isn't exist anymore, Slash and Duff isn't had participant about CD, the only responsible about it situation are Axl and TB.

I don't believe things work that way, but what I said was more about the band as an entity. Slash and Duff (and even the other members) chose to be there, it's their face that people see representing the band.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Do you think that TB has a higher / the highest power of the band in general compared to the actual band members ? I always thought that Axl would be the actual "boss" (along with Slash and Duff possibly ) since he hires and pays them and TB considers him as their authority as well...

Been a fan of this band for many years but the relationship between this band and the management is a little complicated as it seems and everyone here seems to view things differently...so I am grateful for some clarification :)

In my view slash has the highest power and without him this tour would not have had the attendance and being the money making machine it has. If he is making 500k per show he is money well spent.

If slash walks the tour goes kaboom. Axl will be having DJ back in the band.Slash having seprate mgt and counsel is very smart.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

You're not alone. Like I said before, Axl is accountable. At the very least, he chose to have those kind of people around him.

Do I like TB? I dont care about them. I dont know them personally. I do think their behavior towards fans to be very fucked up. But people keep blaming them for every single bad decision with the band. Isnt that just an excuse to not blame Axl himself?

I don't believe things work that way, but what I said was more about the band as an entity. Slash and Duff (and even the other members) chose to be there, it's their face that people see representing the band.

But the currently band isn't was part of New-GNR, i guess you mean for entity in sense of GNR as the GNR brand. I not sure that they to ban a this guy has request Slash and Duff allow. I can be wrong too.i not understand they isn't banned to MSL too, he leak stuff same as Rick.