NITL live videos on youtube

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

100% true, but you have to agree that the sound of the band is down to Duff and Slash. Those two basically went into that rehearsal room in 2016 and said "this is how GNR should sound" and... I have to say they did a bad job.

We disagree on this one.  I honestly don't believe that they had a choice in the lineup and the lineup is the issue. It was join the band as is.... a take it or leave it situation.. Slash and Duff at least bring back some of the classic sound but Fortus, Frank and Melissa make it sound like a stale "Karaoke" band as someone described it above. Take Myles out of the equation and Slash's band sounds more like Guns (while playing Guns covers) than NITL does.. Same can be said for the HOF lineup.. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

We disagree on this one.  I honestly don't believe that they had a choice in the lineup and the lineup is the issue. It was join the band as is.... a take it or leave it situation.. Slash and Duff at least bring back some of the classic sound but Fortus, Frank and Melissa make it sound like a stale "Karaoke" band as someone described it above. Take Myles out of the equation and Slash's band sounds more like Guns (while playing Guns covers) than NITL does.. Same can be said for the HOF lineup.. 

They probably didn't have much of a say in the lineup, but Slash and Duff obviously had a say in how the songs should be played. Frank and Richard have been around for years but they weren't playing all the songs the same way before 2016. The faster tempos, Richards playing in Rocket Queen, etc. they definitely adapted to how Slash and Duff told them to play.

So the other day I made a playlist of all the GNR Download fest videos. I started with the ISE/Jungle, then did the NITL Selects, then put the 3 songs from download 2006 (Michelle, Nightrain & PC) to cap it off. Was a really fun watch, I would recommend it. Was cool watching Slash & Duff For the first part then Izzy for the second. If all flowed really well too.

Edited by The Matinator

55 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It’s no coincidence that since Slash and Duff came back that the tempo of a good number of songs has increased to the point where it doesn’t sound great. That wasn’t really a problem before - songs were played at a good tempo (not even necessarily the same as the album) - just listening to some 09 gigs and musically it’s really good...and Frank and Fortus are there?? There have been a few SOYL where it’s so fast it’s like they are trying to kill Axl...😂

57 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Ha! I know, and we'll squabble about it again in the years to come!

Both the HOF and Slash solo definitely sound better, but I also think 2006-2010 gnr sound better than 2016-present gnr and the only new ingredient was Slash and Duff. 

I don't know if they had a say in who was in the band (they probably didn't), but I know for sure they had a say in how they played their parts... well maybe not Richard, 100% Frank. Comparing 2016 Frank to 2010 it's two different drummers, one was tight and concise the other is loose and wild... he did play some bad fills back in the 2010s in NV etc. too, but what I'm mainly talking about is pushing the beat, fast tempos and general feel things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dando said:

It wont happen, and neither will this one but I'd take 2006 Axl over anything from the 90s voice wise

Yeah... and some like CD more than any of the classic abums. Some maybe prefer dog shit to a peace of chocolate. That's fine, but I don't have to agree.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

If anything these videos are proof how how bad Axl is and how inferior this lineup is to any of the classic era lineups.. 

To me it's Axl's low energy voice and his Mickey Mouse voice that makes it sound bad. Then you have Frank on Drums who doesn't have a feeling for the old songs at all, to the point where it sounds even worst. And when Fortus decides that he has to play leads on the GNR classic... that sucks too.

I really don't mind Melissa because I really can't hear her most of the time.

Criticizing Slash and Duff who are carrying the whole show is a little bit strange IMO but to each their own I guess.

I don't say Slash and Duff play their parts perfectly or couldn't do better but to criticize those two while you have so many, much much weaker elements in the band is kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, UseYourDelusion said:

Still one of my fav moments of the NITL tour where they were at a festival with the Foo’s headlining the night before GNR.

This is how an incredible drummer can improve GnR sound by the way. Unbelievable performance.

I almost posted this too..... Killer performance.. Probably the best It's So Easy of the tour...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Creed said:

There were only 3 magic moments on the whole tour. This and the other 2 times, where Steven was on drums. Totally different vibe and energy.

Almost said something similar to that too! hat It's So Easy is awesome the and OTGM and MM performances with Steven were the best of the tour. 

8 hours ago, UseYourDelusion said:

Still one of my fav moments of the NITL tour where they were at a festival with the Foo’s headlining the night before GNR.

This is how an incredible drummer can improve GnR sound by the way. Unbelievable performance.

Funny moment: You can see Axl was about to hit the stage in the hat but it fell of his head :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

So again nothing to see this week???

How hard can it be to upload ONE VIDEOS PER WEEK FOR GODS SAKE

Maybe in a week or two we'll get a shitty version of KOHD, all we need is just a little patience, folks!

This is just so stupid. What are they waiting for? Can't do it weekly? Now the new excuse might be the fuckin coronavirus again?

This management is so amateur. This happen when family and not profesionally people works with a band, a HUGE BAND.

Edited by feli1269
  • Like 1

It can be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever... but not being able to follow a schedule just seems so unprofessional. Amateur Youtubers figured out long ago that a schedule keeps viewers interested and can help to grow the viewership. Instead, GNR just drops a video once in a blue moon, usually with little notice.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Almost said something similar to that too! hat It's So Easy is awesome the and OTGM and MM performances with Steven were the best of the tour. 

They didn't play OTGM very often, but there was a great one in 2018 I can't find the version anymore though? Thought Axl sounded amazing. The Steven one was next level though, the man just puts rocket fuel on those songs! 

Also that was a great moment, loved that they got up and jammed and broke from the mold a little

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, feli1269 said:

This is just so stupid. What are they waiting for? Can't do it weekly? Now the new excuse might be the fuckin coronavirus again?

This management is so amateur. This happen when family and not profesionally people works with a band, a HUGE BAND.

Even a couple of illiterate grandparents could post a video per week, it has nothing to do with them being a family...

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 1

I only just watched the second 'Select' and thought it was basically what I expected.

'Slither' was okay, 'You Could Be Mine' & 'Sweet Child' were poor.

The mix was much better on this video  and I liked that it was a longer clip.

Hopefully something from 2016 comes next.

37 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I only just watched the second 'Select' and thought it was basically what I expected.

'Slither' was okay, 'You Could Be Mine' & 'Sweet Child' were poor.

The mix was much better on this video  and I liked that it was a longer clip.

Hopefully something from 2016 comes next.

Thats because download festival filmed and recorded the set, they released easy & Jungle 18 months ago too

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I almost posted this too..... Killer performance.. Probably the best It's So Easy of the tour...

I have no beef with Frank, but I immediately noticed the difference (for the better) in the drums.

Great fucking performance!

• Like 1