Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

A warm up show IS gonna happen. Why people want to deny that, I don't know. They aren't going to play together for the first time in 20 years in front of a crowd to a huge arena-crowd...it's gonna be to 250-400 people.

I deny it because I want to, selfishly, be at the first show.

I know there's a reason to a warm up gig, although I also see why there isn't. If they're ready, they're ready. If they want to do something for friends, I get it, but otherwise I don't see why its inconceivable that they'd play an arena their first time back. If they are practicing thats what they are doing it for. I know its a little different, but its not like Pink Floyd played together before Live 8. This is what you rehearse for. The only thing that happens when you play to a small club is you play. They won't find out anything really new I don't think. In fact, if I wanted to get specific I'd say it only serves to hurt them because videos could get out of Axl sounding terrible and turning people off. But again, thats very specific.

I'm just saying, while I see why some think a warm up will happen, I don't see any reason Vegas COULDN'T be their first show. 

• Like 1

Yeah but it wasn't a "surprise". Steven is more confirmed in than Izzy at this point. Steven is a given is the way I see it. We've heard no reason otherwise. Izzy on the other hand, is still very much questionable IMO. I think he's in, but his last public thing was he isn't.

As long as adlers singer doesn't say "oh yeah he's in he'll be at the Vegas shows" or gives away details then they're fine. There should be no issue.  

I do respect the way they're trying to keep everything tight lipped and make Vegas special for the fans going but give me a break. 

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I deny it because I want to, selfishly, be at the first show.

I know there's a reason to a warm up gig, although I also see why there isn't. If they're ready, they're ready. If they want to do something for friends, I get it, but otherwise I don't see why its inconceivable that they'd play an arena their first time back. If they are practicing thats what they are doing it for. I know its a little different, but its not like Pink Floyd played together before Live 8. This is what you rehearse for. The only thing that happens when you play to a small club is you play. They won't find out anything really new I don't think. In fact, if I wanted to get specific I'd say it only serves to hurt them because videos could get out of Axl sounding terrible and turning people off. But again, thats very specific.

I'm just saying, while I see why some think a warm up will happen, I don't see any reason Vegas COULDN'T be their first show. 

I can dig this for sure. I'm just not sure that a warmup show where the only way to get in is to know a secret Rock Hall member on a private Mets forum like @Saltzy spoils it so much. As far as the normal public is concerned, you'll be at the first show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Conspiracies (Web Exclusive) https://youtu.be/fNS4lecOaAc  via @YouTube

I think it's safe to say Izzy is totally messing with the fans and the million conspiracy theories circulating.....:lol:

He was definitely watching the CSI: GNR episode with Fernando's balls and reflections in water bottles.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think it's safe to say Izzy is totally messing with the fans and the million conspiracy theories circulating.....:lol:

Someone called Izzy "fn evil" on Twitter the other day and I'm starting to think they might be right :rofl-lol: The tróll is strong in Izzy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Speaking of conspiracies.....here's one for you.  This guy's apparently in Dallas, not sure what this means exactly, but hell I love a good conspiracy theory :)

i just checked his Facebook, and he left Dallas about 10 hours ago to be in LA 

7 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

@Eddie Money Hey man i'm sure you've been inundated with questions etc, but firstly I really appreciate the effort you're going to to let us all in on the stuff you know, so thanks!

Was just wondering though, if you had any info whatsoever on Australia/NZ dates?

Cheers!

Thanks. February / March 2017 would be a logical guess but I don't know for sure. 

• Like 3

On 2016-03-26 at 1:37 AM, IncitingChaos said:

I'm kinda excited to hear CD songs on this tour haha it's going to be nuts seeing Slash play them. 

How badass would a stage set up be with the big Illusions posters hanging on either side of the stage along with all their other albums posters between them? If a CD poster is hanging I hope it's the red hand cover 

You really think the CD songs are gonna happen tho?