What are you currently playing? Last game played?

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That's good the patch resolved a lot of the issues. Once you finish let me know if the story is worthwhile.

Gorgeous graphics.

There's still the occasional stutter but it's nothing like some of the reviews would have you believe. I'm honestly surprised how smooth it is considering what I was expecting. Really enjoying it so far. When I said earlier that the controls were really heavy what I probably should have said is that they have real weight. Like the whole thing feels solid. You move very deliberatley and there's a real sense of impact when you twat a monster in the face with a lead pipe. :lol: So, good so far. Very very good.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Geometry Wars Evolved 3

So far a 5/5 must buy.

Hot Wheels Unleashed

So far also a 5/5 must buy. I'm honestly shocked by how well made this is. Instant pickup and play arcade racing fun. Gorgeous photorealistic toy graphics. Many vehicles. You can build/share/download custom tracks. Plenty of modes. Splitscreen. So far my go-to vehicle is K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.

@Dazey

@action

Looks great. I’ve just finished Callisto Protocol on medium and I’m half way through again on max difficulty. It’s not a perfect game by any means but once you get used to the mechanics it’s a lot of fun. It’s also absolutely stunning looking. Probably the prettiest game available right now and runs at a locked 60FPS in 4K high settings on my relatively lowly 2070 Super as long as I turn off RTX. 

Edited by Dazey

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the main story in God of War Ragnarok. 

It's a miracle, but the internet didn't spoil the big twist for me before I got there! So I'm thankful for that.

Like the last game, there's a ton of exploring and things you can do after the main story. So I'm just enjoying that now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on BLoody Palace mode in DMC 5. The things I like about the franchise is you can play all the modes on all the games and the extras and it will take you a while. Meaning money well spent imo. I'm taking my time too since these games have helped me thru this past crappy year and whats looking like another one ahead.

220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_

Never played this game back when I owned a SNES in the early 90s.  Decided to ease up on my work schedule a bit and get back to some 16-bit gaming.  Also trying to justify why I bought and get some use out of the SNES Classic I've owned the last four years but never really used.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, downzy said:

220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_

Never played this game back when I owned a SNES in the early 90s.  Decided to ease up on my work schedule a bit and get back to some 16-bit gaming.  Also trying to justify why I bought and get some use out of the SNES Classic I've owned the last four years but never really used.  

Still my favourite game in the series. Absolute classic. 

• Haha 1

I bought the Crash Bandicoot remastered trilogy on the PS5 along with the GTA remastered trilogy. Making my way through GTA III currently and it’s surreal playing it after all those years!

On the topic of the SNES, I bought a few Wrestling games for it today. Brought down the console and games the other day from the loft so I’ll get onto that at some point soon!

On 1/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I've looked at a bunch of reviews. It seems they've basically nailed it. Really stoked.

Hopefully they remake 2 & 3 too.

I've never really played 3 before. I've had the 360 version for years but never got into it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

F122 on gamepass. Just picked up a G920 wheel and have gone from being half decent to awful. Gonna take a while to get used to the wheel and pedals. Gonna download some of the Forza games to try them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm hopefully just about to play Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom as long as I can get the emulator to work. :lol: 

Edit: Got it working and played through the first two shrines. Good stuff so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing Tears of the Kingdom two days ago, reckon I've lost myself in it now for about 20 hours and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. I've been having great fun though, looking forward to figuring out what the fuck is going on with the plot!

The creativity's been a blast so far, the possibilities seem almost endless (as some people on the internet have been illustrating :P )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The nostalgia is unreal! I played this spiderman game on my PS1 when i was younger, i miss when video games were actually video games and not purely meta or pay-to-win.
Remember levels? remember lives? LOL, and I wasn't even alive in the 90s, and i still prefer the older stuff.