What Other Bands Do Most GN'R Fans Similarly Like?

ChristmasFnatic

Most GN'R fans I've encountered like pretty much anything. Speaking only for myself; I loved both Nirvana & GN'R back in the early 90s. Then again I was also listening to Extreme, Sinatra, Garth Brooks, Elvis, Ice-T, B-52s and pretty much anything else I could get my hands on.

I listen to almost every genre in rock. Except that horrible nu-metal crap from the late 90s and I want to hear what the singer is singing so I don't care for that very fast metal with the grunting.

When GnR was big in the early 90s I was into them obviously, but I was also really into that alternative scene that was happening and I still am.

Nirvana and GnR were very different bands in the way they approached everything, Nirvana were anti-rock stars and coming from an indie scene and GnR were very much rockstars with the private plane and all that stuff, so it wasn't cool to like GnR if you were into Nirvana, I think. But I didn't care... I only cared about the music, even if I didn't like the GnR image of the early 90s.

Edited by EvanG

I was born in the early 90's so i wasn't really about music at that time but as a GN'R fan bands i listen to as well are Aerosmith, Ozzy, Sabbath, Maiden, Ac/Dc, Crue sometimes,kiss, Stones, queen, elton John, Sinatra,Metallica, Neil Young, elvis.. I mostly like bands that have one or two crazy unique hardcore live performing people in it with a fair amound of not giving a fuck, like ozzy himself, steven tyler, angus Young, Bruce dickinson i find them the biggest pleasure to watch and hear but i also love me some blues

Edited by GNRmello77

I have always wondered about how so many GN'R fans like Queen and Pink Floyd. Not that they are bad bands, at all, just that the connection seems so strong.

I liked Nirvana when they started. I also started listening to RATM, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Metallica in the early 90s. Those are the bands I can remember right now.

I followed around Sublime quite a bit. The Eagles, Crosby Stills Nash, and Neil Young. Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, John Denver, The Beastie Boys, NOFX, Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and Triller and most of BAD, The Ziggans, The Dead (in doses), Elliot Smith, FUN, Foo Fighters, Social D, and many others.

Queen, Zeppelin probably the two biggest crossover bands for most Guns fans. Then there's Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, AC/DC, Aerosmith... the usual big acts.

I like a lot of music from your usual acts listed above as well as - Rush, Toto, Hall & Oates, Flying colors, Winery dogs, Tom Petty, ELO, The darkness, Shania Twain, Whitesnake, tchaikovsky, The Eagles, Elvis, Fleetwood mac, Chopin, Beethoven, Huey Lewis, Michael Jackson, The Temptations...

I'm predominantly into rock, but I'm open to and enjoy a lot of other styes. I don't have any time for dance / EDM, (most) Rap, (most) radio music, with a few exceptions.

Queen, Zeppelin probably the two biggest crossover bands for most Guns fans. Then there's Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, AC/DC, Aerosmith... the usual big acts.

I like a lot of music from your usual acts listed above as well as - Rush, Toto, Hall & Oates, Flying colors, Winery dogs, Tom Petty, ELO, The darkness, Shania Twain, Whitesnake, tchaikovsky, The Eagles, Elvis, Fleetwood mac, Chopin, Beethoven, Huey Lewis, Michael Jackson, The Temptations...

I'm predominantly into rock, but I'm open to and enjoy a lot of other styes. I don't have any time for dance / EDM, (most) Rap, (most) radio music, with a few exceptions.

Shania Twain?!?! Boy, what in the helll is wrong with you? :lol:

• Like 1

As for what I listen most to these days: Mastodon, Soundgarden, Chris Cornell, Bad Religion, Sublime, Beatles, Kyuss, QOTSA.

Chris Cornell....man I wish Velvet Revolver would have gotten him. They probably would have broken up to though. Audioslave's first album was killer. I loved Scream which a lot of people hated. His new album is great imo also.

Never liked the 90's bands from Seattle. Their music was too depressing for me.

I've liked many different bands throughout my whole life before and after GNR.

Very different from heavy metal to hard rock to pop rock to even pop like the BSB.

I was little when the Beatles came to America but I think they were the first band that actually got me to love rock music. Loved Motown too.

I can go from Bullet for my Valentine to Lady Gaga. Depends on my mood.