*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ALTHEO said:

I trade an official Kobe 2017 event shirt ( samurai ) in size large for an official Cincinnati 2016 ( astronaut ) or Foxboro 2016 ( patriot ) or Brisbane 2017 ( purple reaper ) event shirt in size medium. If you're interested, PM me. 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/forum/10-memorabilia-trading/  this is the thead you need to post that in :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

There's all kinds of merchandise at the official site under the category of "last chance", but none of it is marked down to move. That really makes no sense to me.

Also, I saw that the $399 plaques that were for sale a couple of weeks ago have now disappeared from the site. I wonder if they actually sold them, or sold so few that they pulled it to save face?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 2:45 PM, frankmiller said:

eBay.

on the GNR website. I got an email with the trucks. There are two different ones.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The tractor trailer is way fuckin' cool. They should sell THIS on their website 

I got Duff, Axl and Slash. Wish they would make Izzy and Steven too.

I also have the KISS figures coming this week!

For the most part I say "if it makes you happy, it cant be that bad." But sorry theres more to it in this complicated and scary era.

The oceans and rivers are filled with micro plastics because of our senseless consumerism. And heres the thing. Micro plastics leach estrogen mimickers into water and it increases estrogen production in both women and men. Buying an endless supply of plastic kitch is akin to desiring to own a smaller dick and larger man tits. Just saying :) It aint healthy for the gals neither.

18 hours ago, soon said:

For the most part I say "if it makes you happy"

That is usually how I feel about it.. If you don't like it don't buy it type of thing but this truck is getting kind of pathetic.. A fucking toy truck? They are a rock n' roll band.. How about releasing something that has to do with music? Fuck.. Talk about a deprived fan base compared to other bands. I don't even care if they release new music to be honest but how about a live album or a proper box set with true unreleased music from the classic days or both.  For a band as big as they were there is hardly anything out there from the classic era.. Something half as good as KISS' Kissolgy set would be great. That was an amazing release for fans.. They could throw whatever they have for live shows, TV appearances, one off performances, backstage footage, old commercials.. Scrape up everything you can find and release it for the fans. Trucks and Pink Pop toys are just lame... I even have the stupid Pink Pop dolls because someone gave them too me as a gift.  They would have been a lot cooler if there was am Izzy one.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is usually how I feel about it.. If you don't like it don't buy it type of thing but this truck is getting kind of pathetic.. A fucking toy truck? They are a rock n' roll band.. How about releasing something that has to do with music? Fuck.. Talk about a deprived fan base compared to other bands. I don't even care if they release new music to be honest but how about a live album or a proper box set with true unreleased music from the classic days or both.  For a band as big as they were there is hardly anything out there from the classic era.. Something half as good as KISS' Kissolgy set would be great. That was an amazing release for fans.. They could throw whatever they have for live shows, TV appearances, one off performances, backstage footage, old commercials.. Scrape up everything you can find and release it for the fans. Trucks and Pink Pop toys are just lame... I even have the stupid Pink Pop dolls because someone gave them too me as a gift.  They would have been a lot cooler if there was am Izzy one.. 

I can relate to this sentiment. People I like to pal around with seem to be happy about the truck, so.. I'll just leave it there. I get gifted GNR figures and such too, ugh.

I will say that Ive seen these kinda trucks before but with different branding. They were given out as parting gifts for people who worked on a project to re route actual trucks that ship nation wide. A friend was on contract for the project. He and the lead truckers got these toy trucks with the food companies branding - otherwise they look identical to these.

I kinda wonder if in a similar vein, the GNR road crew was given them as gifts and then TB realized theyd save more cash if they bought in an even larger bulk quantity? And then cash in more on the fanbase by trying to sell us the additional trucks. But that would at least make some sense and not be pure greed, so Im sure Im wrong!

21 hours ago, nycgunner said:

I don’t get why people want this truck or the dolls. Seems strange and childish to me. 

I think they are cute and keeping them in the box for future generations is a good thing.

Look at all the crap people kept for a million years and now are making tons of money on ebay. Who would have thought when I was a kid, people would be paying a lot of money for a doll or a board game I had back then.

I think it's cool to collect these funco dolls. I have tons of horror ones like Jason, Michael and Freddie. I have them all on a shelf.

It's just like buying anything else you like.

The trucks are just a licensing deal. The band sells the right to someone to put stickers with their IP on an existing product. Same as t-shirts, koozies, etc.  At the end of the day its up to the band or its management to decide what to license. 

Edited by frankmiller
Grammar