GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

I didn't realise so many GNR fans hated Duff's vocals! I love his voice. It may not be right for Slither, but he's not bad. So Fine is one of GNR's best songs, and his voice fits with Axl's. I like that Guns had three singers with different and distinct, yet complimentary styles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

i hope not....Duff is a pretty terrible vocalist IMO

Axl would probably sound awesome on it aslong as he doesn't mickey it

My only issue with Axl's vocals currently is when he sings cleaner it doesn't project as well, like you can tell he doesn't have confidence in that voice bc after all this time he's finally realized the Mickey voice doesn't sound good, however the ACDC shows have shown his clean voice can be very good and not have any Mickey in it. 

But what I mean is you can barely hear him when he sings clean, but 02 he had a ton of confidence in that voice and sang it at full blast so it projected better

19 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I didn't realise so many GNR fans hated Duff's vocals! I love his voice. It may not be right for Slither, but he's not bad. So Fine is one of GNR's best songs, and his voice fits with Axl's. I like that Guns had three singers with different and distinct, yet complimentary styles.

well his vocals aren't necessarily unpleasant, but if he was a lead singer, i  wouldn't be a fan

but hell i like Myles Kennedy who plenty ppl hate (so yeah, different strokes)

Edited by -W.A.R-

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

I agree with your post. I like Duff's vocals, too. I hope they'll play Raw Power in Iggy's hometown; it would be great if Axl sings it along with Duff, as in SI.

17 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Axl and Slash must be on really good terms now if hes agreeing to this and the hatchet is well and truly buried. Maybe Slash should try throw Anastasia into the mix too seen as Axls being so open minded lately ;)

I suggested Anastasia or a VR song and people laughed. It's not a GN'R song yada yada yada. Well?;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think it will be Duff singing even though we now know that Axl really doesn't need those breaks he takes in the middle of GNR sets.

No way in hell is duff singing Slither. What is Scott some kind of bum who can't sing? Love duff's voice on the punk numbers but Slither? Duff would never do that to Scott. Butchering Slither would be the ultimate sign of disrespect to Scott. And duff would agree. Good thing it will never happen. Now Axl can make it his own and still sound amazing. Doing Scott and the song justice

Edited by Top-Hatted One

8 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash wrote that riff in late 90's / early 00's. He said that in an interview a couple years ago. He also mentioned something about rest of the band not digging that riff at first :P

This arrangement they had... https://youtu.be/ximVwpbn3Qw?t=4m24s Great times.

ahh yes pre radio edit!! So fuckin beautiful

I don't think Duff will sing Slither if they play it, As someone stated earlier in the thread it would be hard for any bass player to play that bass line and sing at the same time.
Not that either the vocal melody or the bass line is super complicated, but both at the same time would be!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

I would die to hear Axl on Beggars and Hangers on or By The Sword, but Slither would be just as equally good for me. If that actually happens.......I don't want to hear Duff on it! Come on! 

By the way, I always thought it goes ''smell the puppies'' not ''poppies'' I was pleasantly suprised when I saw I was wrong :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

Personally, I'd get rid of The Seeker, Riff Raff, Rosie, KOHD, LALD, Chinese Democracy and TIL

and replace it with

Slither, Fall to Pieces, Back and Forth Again, By the Sword, Starlight, Street of Dreams and one other song from either CD or Slash's solo stuff. Preferably TWAT, Prostitute, Anastasia or Gotten (because I like the song but I hate Adam Levine and his voice)

Now that would actually get me excited, despite there being no new songs.

(Too bad I don't get to decide and this will never happen :rolleyes:)

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

Keep the Chinese Democracy stuff but switch it up nightly! I'd love to hear Slash and Duff on There Was A Time.

Obviously a few Velvet Revolver tunes would fucking rock! Slither, Fall To Pieces and Dirty Little Thing.

And most importantly, Perfect Crime, Locomotive (they've done Coma so why not?).

Replacing AC/DC and The Who covers for these would be badass.

26 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Keep the Chinese Democracy stuff but switch it up nightly! I'd love to hear Slash and Duff on There Was A Time.

Obviously a few Velvet Revolver tunes would fucking rock! Slither, Fall To Pieces and Dirty Little Thing.

And most importantly, Perfect Crime, Locomotive (they've done Coma so why not?).

Replacing AC/DC and The Who covers for these would be badass.

Surprise

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Personally, I'd get rid of The Seeker, Riff Raff, Rosie, KOHD, LALD, Chinese Democracy and TIL

and replace it with

Slither, Fall to Pieces, Back and Forth Again, By the Sword, Starlight, Street of Dreams and one other song from either CD or Slash's solo stuff. Preferably TWAT, Prostitute, Anastasia or Gotten (because I like the song but I hate Adam Levine and his voice)

Now that would actually get me excited, despite there being no new songs.

(Too bad I don't get to decide and this will never happen :rolleyes:)

Those are the exact same songs I would cut out. I would love to keep TIL if Slash would just play it right. It was perfect on the record now it sounds like garbage and better off left out of the set