Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 4/14/2023 at 11:38 AM, THELINESMAN said:

Have you all seen 'The return we all dream of' on YouTube? Someone has used AI to put Axl's raspy voice on Rio 2017 video. Yesterdays is particularly brilliant. Imagine! 

That's really cool, thanks :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I can relate to that. Many years ago we had a plumber add a new line in for a washing machine in a new flat we bought to rent out.  It somehow hooked up to raw sewage from the next door or floor above.  It was a right nightmare. 

Edited by Oxford
  • Wow 2

21 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Hm. It seems to me attempts were made to solve the problems and when they were offered money back to move out earlier, they didn't want to, and even decided to stay after their year was up? If a house was taking such a toll on me physically and socially and prevented me from working even, I would get the hell out of there for sure.

So noble of them to stay on to just try and make sure others don't end up in a situation like theirs. Although I fail to see how them staying on could do anything like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I can't read Polish, but I somehow stumbled upon a Polish Guns N' Roses forum!

It's not as active as here, but there's still people posting in 2023!

https://gunsnroses.com.pl/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9f350f50e687a1343d3369ea5175a2ff#c1

also they found this "Axl Rose likes Samba" article

https://gunsnroses.com.pl/forum/guns-n39-roses/axl-i8230-samba/

(original source from 2020)

https://whiplash.net/materias/news_738/325550-axlrose.html

since i can't copy and paste the text from the original source, you can either open the article in a browser that allows page translation, or read the machine-translated to english version of what naileajordan  posted in Polish, of an article that was originally in portuguese!

Axl and… samba?

Has it ever occurred to you that Axl might appreciate… samba?
Well, that seems to be the case.

Alcione Nazareth, also known as A Marrom, is one of the most popular sambistas - this is the name in Brazil for women who sing samba.

She started her career in the seventies.
Today, he has numerous gold records, concerts in many countries, including Europe, and a Latin Grammy Award.

Turns out she's also a fan of Guns N' Roses.

Recently, the singer gave an interview to the magazine "Uol".
In it, she highlighted the circumstances in which the photo Axl published years ago on his Twitter profile was taken.
The photo was taken in Brazil, on the occasion of the concert that Guns N' Roses played in Recife in April 2014. It shows Axl in the company of a South American star and is accompanied by the commentary: "With the amazin' Alcione Nazareth!" ("With the great Alcione Nazareth").

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/455433684762361856

“I was at a hotel in Recife when someone said they wanted to take a picture with me,” Alcione said in the interview. “It turned out to be Axl Rose.
I couldn't believe it, but of course I agreed. Then he put his arm around my waist and said I was amazing."

In turn, three years ago, in the program "Altas Horas", broadcast by Globo TV, the singer revealed another detail: that she once sent Axl home her entire discography.

"I'm his fan. I never thought that one day she would ask me to take a picture with her. And once he posted them on his [Twitter] profile, I sent him all my CDs."

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

i never used the site much, but does anyone know what happened to gnrcentral.com? it's gone.

the last activity from its other platforms like youtube and twitter and facebook seems to be october 2022, according to the wayback machine, the site was last functional at around december 2022, but the last post on the site itself was around october 2022, and since then, everything is gone.

based on the archive, it didn't seem like the person running the site announced any plans to close it. it just vamoosed.

site-owner just up and left / disappeared in some other way? ran out of money? some lawyers dropped-kicked the site-owner?

the internet archive shows very unusual activity in  march/april 2023, with someone attempting to archive the site multiple times a day, nearly everyday, despite the site not being functional by then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230815000000*/gnrcentral.com

??? rogue robot? obsessive person? someone trying to make sure there's absolute proof of something?

spooooky

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

i never used the site much, but does anyone know what happened to gnrcentral.com? it's gone.

the last activity from its other platforms like youtube and twitter and facebook seems to be october 2022, according to the wayback machine, the site was last functional at around december 2022, but the last post on the site itself was around october 2022, and since then, everything is gone.

based on the archive, it didn't seem like the person running the site announced any plans to close it. it just vamoosed.

site-owner just up and left / disappeared in some other way? ran out of money? some lawyers dropped-kicked the site-owner?

the internet archive shows very unusual activity in  march/april 2023, with someone attempting to archive the site multiple times a day, nearly everyday, despite the site not being functional by then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230815000000*/gnrcentral.com

??? rogue robot? obsessive person? someone trying to make sure there's absolute proof of something?

spooooky

The guy's other channel took off and probably just focuses on that - he took down a lot of the GNR related interviews he done sadly, some of them were pretty informative.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow nerds, just a heads up, Eddie ‘I’m Good Friends with all those guys’ Trunk is doing a special Van Halen 1 vs Appetite for Distortion radio show tomorrow. Normally gets some decent second tier rockstar callers in to contribute. My moneys on Navarro, John5 etc.

4 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Greetings fellow nerds, just a heads up, Eddie ‘I’m Good Friends with all those guys’ Trunk is doing a special Van Halen 1 vs Appetite for Distortion radio show tomorrow. Normally gets some decent second tier rockstar callers in to contribute. My moneys on Navarro, John5 etc.

I think you mean appetite for destruction and not Brando's Radio Show?

Anyway, still waiting on that Axl interview Eddie flunk promised in 2016

• Haha 1