What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R-2696527-1434404424-1399.mpo.jpg

i heard this album first when i was 15 years old, back in the '90s. metallica was kind of the "cool" band at school, and everyone was listening to the black album and justice. this album wasnt discussed very much. I was only just starting to listen to rock n roll, and i didnt own many rock albums yet. so i went to the record store, and i scrolled through the metallica albums. this one had an interesting cover i thought. i asked the store manager to play it so i could listen to it on microphone. now they always turned up the volume to insane levels. so the first song goes, and there is this silly "medevil" section on the first songs, and i thought "lol what the fuck is this", and then james' riffs and lars's speed drumming kicked in, and it BLEW ME AWAY. needless to say i bought it and felt like some kind of badass carrying it around in my backpack. my fellow classmates were equally blown away, and for a day i was the coolest kid in class.

Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_cover.jpg

being blown away by the previous album, i decided to buy another metallica album. again, this looked like an interesting cover. again, there was this silly acoustic section opening the album. what ensued, was all sorts of awesomness. as a result of this, metallica is one of my favorite bands to this day

• Like 1