How many of us were around in the gnronline forum days

15 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

How many of us were around in the gnronline forum days? The one attached to the gunsnroses.com way back in the day like 98/99ish times.

Just curious which of us is still left

That. And mygnr messageboards. And then mygnr forum. Mostly lurking in those days, because I didn't have my own internet connection. Registered in 2004. 

16 hours ago, gnrsucksdotcom said:

I also used to be there. Then when someone posted Axl's address they shut it down and we all moved to gnr.com.ar (aka 2000 Intentions).

Then later on this forum let's say I had to deal with being called Mr. Portugal, and accidentally leaking Madagascar. Oh  well. It's been a long time.  

YES!!!! Always waiting for another piece of the puzzle and looking at countdowns on the site 

Oh man 2000 Intensions! I think I joined there after LostRose. 

28 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

Same. At some point, I also joined every other forum mentioned in this thread. In those days, being a fan of Guns N' Roses was like being a follower of some mystical, cross-dimensional religion. 

Ain't that the truth, Indy!  Amazing how now being a "fan" of GnR is so "in."  Trends....ugh.....

• Like 1

I remember constantly looking under the Downloads thread for new additions, so I could spend a few more hours burning CDs. 

Never been much of an expert on burning DVDs, so I'd mail some DVDs to a dude in Croatia from gnrbanned, who would burn them and mail them back to my address all neat and ready to be played. 

Funny times, indeed.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

The T.Axl (Todd Axl) website and Axlette's Axl Shrine :ph34r:

There was also the forum of Sladdi and Jeff Boerio list.

The first two messageboards that I looked at back in 96 for GNR were Jeff's and Jarmo's.    

Edited by Draguns
typo

8 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

David Prisby anyone?

Lmao, such a legend. 

I was also in the gnronline forum, and I still remember the meltdown generated by Xozy and Renato back then lol. And then probably I was in every single message board/forum I could find on the internet (Sladdi's newgnr forum, cd.com, gunnertemple, uzisuicide, Eric Romano's mygnr, etc etc). Great memories! 

After reading this thread I went back and checked out Newgnr to see how it's doing. A couple of things came up that I hadn't thought about in forever. First off, I was pleasantly surprised to see the thread dedicated to Dark Angel still going. For anyone curious, Dark Angel was a huge Bumblefoot fan from Denmark. She was really cool, she was one of my first online gnr friends. She passed away back in 2011. So it was nice to see she is still remembered over there, she was a big part of that forum for me and others back in 2005 or so. 

The second thing that I noticed was Warchild or some sort of Warchild wannabe, going by Worchild is currently active over there. Which I'm sure some of you remember the whole Warchild controversy. I remember rumors that Sailaway on THIS forum, was actually warchild.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

The second thing that I noticed was Warchild or some sort of Warchild wannabe, going by Worchild is currently active over there. Which I'm sure some of you remember the whole Warchild controversy. I remember rumors that Sailaway on THIS forum, was actually warchild.

:lol:

We all know the real war child made it to the official forum now.

• Like 1