RATE: What was the best leg of the UYI Tour?

Which leg of the UYI tour was best?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for '92 because of the greats shows in Paris, Chicago, Tokyo and Freddie Mercury Tribute. Some extraordinary shows! 

I also love the 93 shows with acoustic part,  but I feel that GNR were a littlebit "tired" at these shows. 

The 91 period are punkier (wich I like), but Axl's voice is not so god...

• Like 2

voted 1993

Dumb young girl i was back then, i missed the concert in my hometown in 1993, saw them in 1992, and retrospectively speaking maybe this was the "weakest" leg with the inflated lineup !

Edited by EricA

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

1993 for sure.. The band stripped back down to a 6 piece.. Axl ditched the shorts and wasn't changing every song.. The Acoustic set.. They switched up the set list.. And the band was just tight as fuck.. Maybe the tightest they had ever been out of any lineup... I have seen hundreds of big shows and the show I saw that tour is my all time favorite show that I attended by any band... ever....   I had tix to two more shows that tour that were canceled when Gilby broke his arm. One was rescheduled to then be ultimately canceled due to a Blizzard... 

What was your take on the '91 shows? Looks like you just missed Izzy by a few months...

The 1991 leg of the tour with Izzy was just purely brilliant. Raw power, Axl still spending most of his time on stage, no constant wardrobe changes, still the 80-s band just without Steven and on a much bigger stage. Absolutely loved it. And Axl seemed so normal still compared to a year later...

Actually, I would kill for more pro shots from that era...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

I picked 91 because it was the year the UYI albums came out. They played many deep cuts at different shows. And the L.A. Forum 4 hours shows. I must say I also very much enjoyed The Skin N Bones Tour with the acoustic set

hmm that's tough one.. I like bits of every year on the UYI tour. For certain songs I actually liked the "big band" + "the Greek" but -93 skin n' bones tour were great! bit more laid back and Axl's voice was awesome. I liked Gilby and Sorum in the band.

Tough choice for me as i saw all 3 years. Wembley 91 was amazing because we got to hear the new songs before the albums were released. Izzys' last show though:max:

Wembley 92 was amazing because we knew all the songs and could join in more. Tracy,Roberta etc though:max:

Milton Keynes 93 was fucking excellant, Izzy returned and the acoustic set was new and they played 2 nights :headbang:

1993 got my vote :lol:

1991 Summer Leg before Illusions was even released....reason #1, I was at the June Philly concert...my first rock concert ever (I was 14)....2nd reason, Izzy was there....3rd reason, they still had that AFD "rawness" and feel....and Slash said we "kicked everyone else's asses up to that point" in terms of crowds.....(This is when Philly crowds still got nuts...and very, very loud).

• Like 2