What should GN'R do to stay relevant till mid-2018?

What should GN'R do to stay relevant till mid-2018?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean, don't you think they need to stay relevant all this time? They are one of the biggest bands again, they can't just walk off and come back mid-2018 as if nothing happened. Sure, Duff and Slash can go and do their thing, but we are talking about 6 months with absolutely no news...

This isn't nuGNR anymore. There's a lot more at stake now. Do you think some interviews (Slash, Duff or even Axl) would be enough?

I said this in another thread but it got buried: however my point remains. 

If you like or are a fan of any of these musicians, enjoy their solo projects during these time periods. This includes SMKC, Axl/DC, Walking Papers, Dizzy’s solo album (all 5 of you) and anything else. We will not be getting any new material from this band. Realize that it’s truly the solo albums or nothing from these people. Guns will not be releasing a new album in 2018. It will be radio silence in these upcoming months.

• Like 2

All people really care about in the current line up are Slash Axl and Duff anyway, so if Axl sings just 1 song on a Slash album that's 2/3 of those in a song and that'll get the job done pretty much in terms of "GNR material" for me, it just won't be labeled as that. Sure Duff will be missing and who cares about the other 4 in GNR? I know there are people so desperate they even want the current lineup to make a full studio album but I'd rather wait it out until Izzy or Steven or even Matt will be part of it. Then I could truly enjoy a new GNR album.

I frankly believe the current line up wouldn't write GNR label worthy songs to add to the catalogue, and maybe Slash sees it that way aswell who knows. Sure people like Frank can fill in for the live show because those are over in a couple of hours, but records are forever and he must be aware many fans (especially us hardcore ones) are very critical of the current lineup and their decision to move ahead without 2 key members. Those are all reasons I could see why Slash would be saying no for recording new material, as GNR anyway. I still believe Slash agreed to tour only, with this lineup.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I said this in another thread but it got buried: however my point remains. 

If you like or are a fan of any of these musicians, enjoy their solo projects during these time periods. This includes SMKC, Axl/DC, Walking Papers, Dizzy’s solo album (all 5 of you) and anything else. We will not be getting any new material from this band. Realize that it’s truly the solo albums or nothing from these people. Guns will not be releasing a new album in 2018. It will be radio silence in these upcoming years.

Fixed it for you

• Thanks 1

With Slash recording with SKMC it’s looking like nothing with GNR at least as new music goes. I voted for DVD because I reckon they might release one in April to mark 2 years and to start the build up for the euro dates. 

As far as interviews go , with Slash possibly touring with SKMC we might get an interview with Slash and some GNR questions getting asked but not a full on GNR interview. 

2 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

With Slash recording with SKMC it’s looking like nothing with GNR at least as new music goes. I voted for DVD because I reckon they might release one in April to mark 2 years and to start the build up for the euro dates. 

As far as interviews go , with Slash possibly touring with SKMC we might get an interview with Slash and some GNR questions getting asked but not a full on GNR interview. 

When Slash goes on a promo run for SMKC III, I'm very sure he'll say no GNR questions right off the bat. Would love to be proven wrong though

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

http://loudwire.com/myles-kennedy-album-year-of-the-tiger-2018/ 

This article was written two days ago. I don't see SMKC releasing an album. 

Meegan confirmed they're going to the studio end of November, so one would think they won't sit on it for too long because it will eventually leak these days the longer you wait. I'd expect late 18 or early 19 for it to come out.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

When Slash goes on a promo run for SMKC III, I'm very sure he'll say no GNR questions right off the bat. Would love to be proven wrong though

Your probably right but Slash will know everyone will be wanting to ask about GNR it was the same before the reunion. If any questions get answered it will be about how the tour went but nothing about the future or when he met up with Axl at Axl’s house. 

12 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Your probably right but Slash will know everyone will be wanting to ask about GNR it was the same before the reunion. If any questions get answered it will be about how the tour went but nothing about the future or when he met up with Axl at Axl’s house. 

I imagine Slash has an NDA to which he has to adhere to :shrugs:

I would love a live dvd/blueray/cd of this past tour. I mean come on! It's the GNR reunion tour. They have to release something.

Then I would love the guys to rest up for another US tour before Europe.

Also work on new music. Maybe have a new release by the end of 2018. You know that cd would go to Number 1 for sure.

Oh, and of course have happy holidays with family and friends.

Voted for nothing but I think there will be a few interviews in line with the few interviews we've got during the tour.  Im sure a DVD is planned, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to an actual release, sadly.  

Dizzy will become internet famous and do a YouTuber convention tour.  This will land him a Little Debbie sponsorship including a limited run of 'Dizzy Reed Snack Pack give-a-ways' and an ill-fated appearance on Comedy Bang Bang.  Melissa will hock mattresses that are delivered to your door in a compact box but is jealous of Dizzy and like the character "Jan" from The Brady Bunch she whines "Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy!"

Edited by soon

Have Slash, Axl, and Duff go on Howard Stern and talk about what happened from 1996 up till now.   Ideally that appearance could be promotional to plug new music or a live DVD 

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1