Breakdown Intro vs. Locomotive Outro

Breakdown Intro vs. Locomotive Outro  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thouht there's nothing that surprises me any more on here but really? 16?

There's already 16 people who voted for the BD intro?

16 people against Locomotive outro? Wow...

I mean... the intro is not even bad but c'mon, that's not even close.

It's like voting for Shotgun Blues against Nightrain as the best rocker.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:49 PM, Padme said:

I like Shotgun Blues. But not Riad, Axl explained in the chats here that the song is some kind of Civil War follow up with his story about Erin's brother in law. But I didn't know what the song was about until he explained it. Still the quality of the song is nowhere near Civil War

Same.. I like Shotgun Blues a lot.. Riad is terrible... 

Funny Story , yes I am 47 - I loved locomotive , I named my softball team LOCOMOTIVES IN 1991 - It still has the name I just don't play anymore , Locomotive- Coma - Perfect Crime -Dont Damn Me were my go to tunes when I boughtthe album the day it came out and still are - pretty cool , BREAKDOWN is epic and very underrated song that I still jam all the time , I did on new years eve, by jammimg I mean on guitar , My new years eve party consists of my high school friends and myself still playing together in a band , only happens a few times a year now but we still slay Locomotive and Breakdown , both songs are epic , but I will  ALWAYS prefer Locomotive 

• Like 2

Locomotive outro without question.

Breakdown is such a great song, almost ruined by that spoken outro section by Axl. What WAS he thinking with that? Beyond that, the song (both songs, in fact) are superb.

But that Locomotive outro :drool:

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 4:34 AM, Free Bird said:

I thouht there's nothing that surprises me any more on here but really? 16?

There's already 16 people who voted for the BD intro?

16 people against Locomotive outro? Wow...

I mean... the intro is not even bad but c'mon, that's not even close.

It's like voting for Shotgun Blues against Nightrain as the best rocker.

I love, love, LOVE the song Locomotive but I've just never been big on the outro. If it ended with "...I guess I'll find myself a cane", that'd be totally fine with me. I love Breakdown overall, that's why I voted the way I did 

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I love, love, LOVE the song Locomotive but I've just never been big on the outro. If it ended with "...I guess I'll find myself a cane", that'd be totally fine with me. I love Breakdown overall, that's why I voted the way I did 

Over the years Ive had people in my life who are always interested to see if I like certain songs - like they are always surprised and even try and guess what I would or wouldn't like.  I never understood that.  Until now.  You are always surprising me and I find myself intrigued!  lol.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:

I'm totally fine with that. Just had one of my moods

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soon said:

Over the years Ive had people in my life who are always interested to see if I like certain songs - like they are always surprised and even try and guess what I would or wouldn't like.  I never understood that.  Until now.  You are always surprising me and I find myself intrigued!  lol.

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, Russ, I never thought I'd come across anyone who didn't like the Locomotive outro. :blink:

@soon Well, you sure surprised me with liking Scraped.  Couldn't believe that. :lol:

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

:lol:

I'm totally fine with that. Just had one of my moods

I feel like I should clarify something: I don't hate the Locomotive outro per se, I just don't really care one way or the other about it. If the song just stopped after "I guess I'll find myself a cane" I'd be cool with it. I'm not mad that it carries on or anything :lol:

• Haha 1

Locomotive outro. I remember listening to it years ago on a freezing and dark friday morning during the winter (I live in Finland) and the city lights were creating this eerie ambience and then the piano kicked in... I can't really describe how cool and urban-y melancholic that outro sounded, at that moment.

Actually, like MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said, better than sex. That whole description was spot on! 

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

Breakdown and Locomotive are two of the most impressive songs on any GNR album.  These two songs are the reason why I listen to UYI 2 more than UYI 1.  If I had to pick between the intro of Breakdown to the outro of Locomotive, I would pick Locomotive.  But like someone said earlier, I think the outro of both songs are more comparable.  The intro to Breakdown is great, but nothing that fundamentally unique.  

On 09/01/2018 at 2:18 AM, gnr1967 said:

Breakdown and Locomotive are two of the most impressive songs on any GNR album.  These two songs are the reason why I listen to UYI 2 more than UYI 1.  If I had to pick between the intro of Breakdown to the outro of Locomotive, I would pick Locomotive.  But like someone said earlier, I think the outro of both songs are more comparable.  The intro to Breakdown is great, but nothing that fundamentally unique.  

Add Estranged to that for me

On 12/31/2017 at 10:12 AM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Don't worry no one ever joins me whenever I say I love Shotgun Blues.  There are literally 3 other people on this forum who like Shotgun Blues.  And Riad.  Apparently, I like all the songs everyone else hates. :lol:

I like both those tunes too. I've said before that there really isn't a GN'R song I hate. Just some I listen to more infrequently than others. I dig everything on the UYI albums, with the exception of My World but even then I'll give it a listen every once in a while and would never say that I hate it.

CD is a bit different for me in that, for several years, I only listened to like 4 songs off it. Couldn't get into the rest. But over the past 3-4 years I have really grown to like every song on the albu. Riad was one that surprised me the most. Never really liked the intro, but I really like the verses and chorus now.