Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

8 hours ago, tremolo said:

Do you know who makes those graphics? I find them tacky and dated as fuck.

I never regarded Guns as a ''skeleton band'' like Iron Maiden. I suppose they had all those skeleton shirts during the Illusion period so maybe they were a skeleton band?

5 hours ago, arrio said:

which song is supposed to be next single ,any idea

I’m thinking the acoustic Move to the city. There’s like 3 versions of that alone on the discs. I wouldn’t mind it. It’s one of my personal favorite songs by the band. I can’t wait to hear the acoustic studio version. The version live at CGBG was pretty cool.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, RussTCB said:

I wouldn't see any reason why there would be another single from the AFD special editions.

I doubt it too,  but if they did my guess would be Move to the City (acoustic). 

It would definitely be something from the 2 disc version and that track makes the most sense since not only is it unreleased,  it isn't a demo or live song either. 

It is also being advertised with "2 unreleased Mike Clink" tracks. One being Shadow and the other being MTTC acoustic.   Also Shadow and MTTC acoustic are the only two unreleased songs on the Blu Ray. 

I think I actually convinced myself that this will be a single now 😂

10 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Just got this week’s chart, and Shadow is up to #6 this week! Looks like GNR is going to have a #1 hit in a few weeks!

I was really excited about that until I realized how much nobody really cares about that chart. It has up to 3m audience which is nothing. Alternative charts have 10-12m audience which still isn't that much but still way more than mainstream rock

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I was really excited about that until I realized how much nobody really cares about that chart. It has up to 3m audience which is nothing. Alternative charts have 10-12m audience which still isn't that much but still way more than mainstream rock

The active rock format is struggling for sure, but the Mediabase chart is the industry standard. That’s the one that counts when determining what a hit is on radio. If it goes to #1, which it likely will, it will legitimately be able to be referred to as a #1 hit on rock radio.

4 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

The active rock format is struggling for sure, but the Mediabase chart is the industry standard. That’s the one that counts when determining what a hit is on radio. If it goes to #1, which it likely will, it will legitimately be able to be referred to as a #1 hit on rock radio.

Goddammit.... SOYL hitting #1 send ALL the wrong messages to the GNR camp. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It’s literally blazing up the chart, which doesn’t shock me since the active rock format is just plain awful in this day and age. Radio has been begging for a song like this - it’s the antidote for garbage like Five Finger Death Punch.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Its hit or miss actually... They can both see this as an oportunity to release new songs or release more old demos. Ugh

My one friend texted me today saying how much he liked the "new" GNR song. He is in his late 30s/early 40s and saw the GNR reunion once at the Ford Field show. He is exactly the demographic that the band targets. He had no idea SOYL was all recorded in 1986, to him it was 100% new

59 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

My one friend texted me today saying how much he liked the "new" GNR song. He is in his late 30s/early 40s and saw the GNR reunion once at the Ford Field show. He is exactly the demographic that the band targets. He had no idea SOYL was all recorded in 1986, to him it was 100% new

https://media.giphy.com/media/gdKAVlnm3bmKI/giphy.gif

On 5/30/2018 at 7:36 PM, The Real McCoy said:

It’s literally blazing up the chart, which doesn’t shock me since the active rock format is just plain awful in this day and age. Radio has been begging for a song like this - it’s the antidote for garbage like Five Finger Death Punch.

Ugh, I know what you're talking about. Any of the modern rock I listen to I discovered from either Spotify or recommendations from friends. A ton of what I hear on rock radio these days is so formulaic and bland. There's a few diamonds in the rough but most of it sounds the same to me.