11/17/18 - Taipei, Taiwan - Taoyuan International Baseball Stadium Taipei, TW

alfierose

Some songs do sound better. You Could Be Mine reamins absolutely horrible. Sweet Child too. And some others. I put on YCBM from Florida 1991 on afterwards. It made me so sad. I'm not saying he should sound like he's 30 but he could at least try to sound like himself. Ah well. Certain songs sound decet though. I guess this is as good as it gets. 

I really hope that someday someone will have the guts to ask him a straightforward question about his voice: "What the fuck happened man?!?"

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

Great audience...and some really good cameras they have :blink:

But man Axl looks so tired and fed up with all this, no doubt he's making the effort for the audience but for the most part the whole band just seems to be going through the motions by now. Absolutely no edge whatsoever anymore, just a machine, a streamlined product - every show is just like the other, the only difference is Axl's form of the day. Maybe they really should take a little break and then go into the studio, cut the sets down to 2 hours and come back fresh and with a little more energy.

On a sidenote...did Slash ever even listen to what Robin Finck was doing on CD? What he plays on "Better" ain't bad but that song has a totally different (and awesome!) guitar solo. What happened to slides, bends and emotion? He's just shredding like a motherfucker, he doesn't even sound like himself anymore. Same goes for Estranged and November Rain, just emotionless noodling. Has everyone forgotten how absolutely fantastic these guitar solos once sounded?

Edited by adamsapple
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Great audience...and some really good cameras they have :blink:

But man Axl looks so tired and fed up with all this, no doubt he's making the effort for the audience but for the most part the whole band just seems to be going through the motions by now. Absolutely no edge whatsoever anymore, just a machine, a streamlined product - every show is just like the other, the only difference is Axl's form of the day. Maybe they really should take a little break and then go into the studio, cut the sets down to 2 hours and come back fresh and with a little more energy.

On a sidenote...did Slash ever even listen to what Robin Finck was doing on CD? What he plays on "Better" ain't bad but that song has a totally different (and awesome!) guitar solo. What happened to slides, bends and emotion? He's just shredding like a motherfucker, he doesn't even sound like himself anymore. Same goes for Estranged and November Rain, just emotionless noodling. Has everyone forgotten how absolutely fantastic these guitar solos once sounded?

Was watching PTU Oklahoma 92 today and the camera close up of slash doing the solo.. :drool:

I have always loved slashs solo of estranged on the illusions, he should be playing it note for note. Im sure alot if fans who see ghe band would ve thinking the same. Its such an iconic solo.

Edited by Sydney Fan

31 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

A cool moment, but hardly unique.  We did the same in Tokyo 2017.

igXWBCm.jpg

Yeah I know, but I dont mean the audience alone, I talk about the whole package. From him stopping after the first verse to dedicate the song to his dog, to his obvious pleasure singing it, to Slash's solo where Axl goes over to him and watch him play, the whole thing man. Just great to see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Why does Axl's rasp on Nightrain this year sound so different to how it sounded in 2016? He sounds like he's gargling gravel.

His vocals are a lot thinner than they were in 2016. There’s not as much depth to grab from so to replicate that voice he has to go somewhere else. I would say from a technical level he’s not very good right now but there’s effort and so saying he’s not trying wouldn’t be correct. He’s just limited physically at the moment or atleast that’s what I’m hearing when I listen to the videos posted this year 

Yeah 2018 Rasp sounds like he has to really really push for it, hence some songs sound different. Listening to Coachella stuff the rasp seems lower and less strained.

Also, I dont think this is the best shadow. A few towards the end of Europe were better (Moscow Definitely) but it bodes well for a first performance this leg.

Edited by AxlIsGod.
Op
  • Like 2