Axl, Slash and Duff live on stage with Foo Fighters

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wait... you mean that's Franks attempt to play the songs "somewhat faithful to the original versions"?

He must be way worse than I thought then

I sent the link to a friend at work who is in a band and a Gn'R fan... He replied back "Drummer for Foo mops the floor with Frank" lol  I swear on my life that I did not mention the drummer or say anything to instigate that reply either ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Naupis said:

GNR songs always seem to sound much more alive and dynamic when played by anyone other than GNR.

They should seriously get rid of Melissa and her effects and Dizzy unless needed on a piano song.

All of that crap adds nothing to the songs, which is why they always sound better without it.

In my opinion that's not the problem with how Guns sound. Melissa is just fine, as is Dizzy.

It all depends on Axl. If he sounds like shit, it's hard to listen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, angriestwhopper said:

I would care a lot more if they had done a Foo Fighters song.

All my life would be perfect.

Going on stage to play your own songs is abit sad. They are pussies

Man some people try really hard not to enjoy something

• Like 1

So it turns out everyone who's saying this is the best version of the song in years are lying and don't really think so.

Everyone claiming they loved the way Taylor played the song are saying it because they have an agenda against Frank Ferrer but they actually thought it sounded like shit.

Makes a lot of sense... :facepalm:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Creed said:

Its just that simple: Foo Fighters are a real band, while NuGuns is a group of hired musicians who were forced by Axl to do classic rock/punk/heavy metal next to industrial/numetal stuff. Pitman, Buckethead, Ron, Brain, Fortus, etc can't play wild and dirty rock n' roll. 

e-fucking-xactly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I sent the link to a friend at work who is in a band and a Gn'R fan... He replied back "Drummer for Foo mops the floor with Frank" lol  I swear on my life that I did not mention the drummer or say anything to instigate that reply either ha.

I've talked to so many people who went to the NITL gigs last year and they thought the drums were spot on. 

Someone pointed it out already, but there's no winning if you're Frank. 

I won't stand here saying I enjoy everything he does in GnR, but I will say the majority gets a thumbs up from me, AND besides being a guitar player I'm a drum fanatic, if it's not right I'm not able to enjoy it. 

End of the day if you don't enjoy his style that's fair enough!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I've talked to so many people who went to the NITL gigs last year and they thought the drums were spot on. 

Someone pointed it out already, but there's no winning if you're Frank. 

I won't stand here saying I enjoy everything he does in GnR, but I will say the majority gets a thumbs up from me, AND besides being a guitar player I'm a drum fanatic, if it's not right I'm not able to enjoy it. 

End of the day if you don't enjoy his style that's fair enough!

He was a bit shaky during the April 2016 shows but after that he's improved. Yeah he doesn't play certain fills and things exactly like Matt or whoever but he's very consistent each show with what he plays.

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's been I don't know how many years since replacement Frank Ferrer was hired to play other people's material for money, so it's pretty normal that when you hear someone other than him on drums you are surprised at how good Gn'R songs actually sound.

I know I was surprised.  At one point I stopped watching the video and just listening to it gave me the feel of "damn! that really sounds great! how is that possible? it's the same Axl, Slash and Duff of the last 5-6 years, oh wait... the drummer, now I know!"  Drums are an essential part of the songs, specially AFD songs.  After listening to these songs for the last 20 years of my life again and again, your ear notices the changes.

It's just normal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Everyone has different tastes.

While I have no problem with the way Frank plays, I hated how Matt Sorum made the AFD songs sound. Also, while so many praise Brain, he always ruined the You Could Be Mine intro.

To each their own, I suppose.

Exactly. I have to laugh at so many people who get SO angry at Frank. And YES, I'm glad someone else has finally said tat about Brain and YCBM! I've been saying it for years and people always tell me I'm nuts. How can I be nuts about that, dude just plain plays it wrong every single time!

• Like 1