An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

You can't post a video with a song playing on the radio in the background that's copyrighted. Your video will still get flagged. Live concert footage might fall into this category. Taking down live concert footage, taken by people with their phones does suck, but I stand by my original post. You don't own the music being played in that video, so you are indeed infringing on a copyright. Sure it might have been a "look away" type of thing in the past, but YouTube IS changing. If you want to post videos on that platform you have to OWN 100% of all sound and video displayed, or have permission, period.

Besides, were the effected channels monitoring those videos? If you are monetizing a Guns n Roses performance, that's SO WRONG and you deserved what you got, end of discussion. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, baldek said:

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses of the 21st century: we may not take your cameras at the show but you sure as hell won't be sharing shit with anyone.

+ we would sell you the recording for $1000, but we just won't

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

You can't post a video with a song playing on the radio in the background that's copyrighted. Your video will still get flagged. Live concert footage might fall into this category. Taking down live concert footage, taken by people with their phones does suck, but I stand by my original post. You don't own the music being played in that video, so you are indeed infringing on a copyright. Sure it might have been a "look away" type of thing in the past, but YouTube IS changing. If you want to post videos on that platform you have to OWN 100% of all sound and video displayed, or have permission, period.

bollocks.

There are millions of videos of ANY artist that you look for currently on YouTube. There's also TV shows uploaded straight to the platform, not precisely by their original owners.

I know they have rules and stuff but 90% of the time these guidelines are not being applied, unless someone reports the videos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baldek said:

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses of the 21st century: we may not take your cameras at the show but you sure as hell won't be sharing shit with anyone.

Just history repeating itself.

If you make your way to the front row Axl will take your camera no problem.

Just now, Edward Nigma said:

If you make your way to the front row Axl will take your camera no problem.

Axl doesn't give a flying shit. I bet he doesn't even know about the situation. Especially if he is now in vancouver with Angus. 

• downzy unlocked this topic
4 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

Del called us out for uploading videos and shit but then he tweets some Lee Moses song that's on youtube and it's not even a official video

report it (I don't have a twitter account)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cooker said:

Amazing. 

To be honest I have very little sympathy for anyone who share anything that they're not supposed to like movies/music/videos.  If someone is concerned about legal ramifications then maybe they shouldn't break the law?

Let the flames begin...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

To be honest I have very little sympathy for anyone who share anything that they're not supposed to like movies/music/videos.  If someone is concerned about legal ramifications then maybe they shouldn't break the law?

Let the flames begin...

Hahaha

10 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

Del called us out for uploading videos and shit but then he tweets some Lee Moses song that's on youtube and it's not even a official video

are people calling him on it? 

11 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

What a moron. Jesus. He's even worse than I thought.

I've merged the thread on on Del's response to the original thread.  Going to leave this open for awhile for people to discuss.

I'm hoping to confirm a proper response from management at some point.  Apologies as I'm on my scheduled vacation and can't be on this like perhaps I should.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

bollocks.

There are millions of videos of ANY artist that you look for currently on YouTube. There's also TV shows uploaded straight to the platform, not precisely by their original owners.

I know they have rules and stuff but 90% of the time these guidelines are not being applied, unless someone reports the videos.

Just because there ARE those videos up there, doesn't make them ok. You can speed also, but happens if you get caught? Same thing. Besides as I've said over and over again, YouTube IS cracking down. If you want to be a content creator going forward, you BETTER be on the up and up, or you'll get shut down.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I've merged the thread on on Del's response to the original thread.  Going to leave this open for awhile for people to discuss.

I'm hoping to confirm a proper response from management at some point.  Apologies as I'm on my scheduled vacation and can't be on this like perhaps I should.  

enjoy your vacation... please don't let this distract too much. Your deserve personal time without this shit distracting.