An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd love to say "I'm shocked! I'm disappointed! I can't believe this!" 

Frankly, none of that is true so I just won't say it.

Del's response is just about what I'd expect from him. I'm sure he A) didn't bother to actually read the whole thing and B) wouldn't actually give a shit anyway. 

These people are so consumed with how to work the fans for money that they do not understand the heart of this matter: peoples families are being threatened by people saying they're representing Team Brazil and GNR. 

That's the issue, Del. The issue is NOT uploading content to YouTube. 

Seems to me this is a simple proposition: these people say they are working with and representing you while they are threatening families. Is that true? Yes or no. It's a pretty simple question that deserves a simple answer. 

The fact he just glossed over it says to me he didn't even read it properly. 

• Like 1

Just now, cooker said:

I'm sure Del doesn't care about anything that doesn't pad his bottom line. Boss beat his wife? Will I still get paid? No problem. Fans life threatened by someone claiming they work for me? Still getting paid? No problem. 

He is a spineless weasel 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lio said:

People like @fernomenoyde and other big channels never monetized on it. The label did. That was mentioned multiple times.

That very well might be true. But here's the thing, I bet others WERE monetizing them. The dirty few killed it for everyone. Not just fan camera concert footage can get monetized, but ACTUAL Guns boots DO fall through the cracks. How do I know, I had a video of welcome to the jungle from 1986 on my channel, and I could have monetized it. It was different enough from the official recording that YouTube's algorithm didn't catch it. So ya, I COULD have made money off of that bad boy, but I didn't monetize it because I knew it could lead to trouble. 

Long story short, were some people trying to stay on the up and up? Ya I'm sure of that. But there were others MAKING MONEY off of guns songs, you bet your momma on that. They killed it, we should be mad at them, not the band.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

38 minutes ago, Trmac72911 said:

The thing that pisses me off is that almost every fan I know that watches boots would 100% pay if the band officially released the show in good quality. The problem is this band is allergic to new releases and portrays hardcore fans as the enemy. When you have a band who refuses to release soundboards, pro shots, and god forbid a new song or two but happily offers shitty sweatshirts and plane tickets that's the only conclusion I can come to. 

They only care about playing the hits to casual fans because they know they'll make money forever playing songs like NR and SCOM. Every decision I've seen this band and their management (TB Is a fucking joke) make has to do with making money. I'm ranting because it has become crystal clear to me that they have no intentions of releasing anything new; they will continue to belittle the hardcore's while milking this cash cow for all that it is worth. Never seen a major band treat its fans worse than this. 

I'm done with this band. Won't see a single cent more from me. I will stay on Mygnr though because I think you guys rock as a community and have always enjoyed reading the discussions around here. Just wish the band we all loved would stop treating us like dirt on their shoe. 

And every fan listening to them will have bought all the official releases and attended concerts! Why wouldn't they? Boots accompany official releases: they don't replace official releases.

There is a clear difference between bootlegs and piracy.

I wrote a reply on being a big collector of Young/Stones boots but it got lost. It is sufficient to say that the boots have made me a bigger fan of those two acts, and made me more liable to buy official stuff in the future (I own their entire official discographies and attended concerts by them, Neil on multiple occasions).

(It was the same with Guns once until I got utter disillusioned during the Nugnr era.)  

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

Id have gladly bought reasonably priced material (not a thousand dollar junk box)

They dont offer it, but luckily I live in the 21st century and these things are available, so... :shrugs:

Edited by ZoSoRose

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He was probably just shocked to see good writing for once! Zing! 

(I kid, I kid! I've never actually read Del's stuff. I just wanted to take an easy shot to add some levity to the situation) 

In the making of November Rain video he comes off as a pompous windbag. I know from how pretentious he was talking about his short story he was a bad writer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

That very well might be true. But here's the thing, I bet others WERE monetizing them. The dirty few killed it for everyone. Not just fan camera concert footage can get monetized, but ACTUAL Guns boots DO fall through the cracks. How do I know, I had a video of welcome to the jungle from 1986 on my channel, and I could have monetized it. It was different enough from the official recording that YouTube's algorithm didn't catch it. So ya, I COULD have made money off of that bad boy, but I didn't monetize it because I knew it could lead to trouble. 

Long story short, were some people trying to stay on the up and up? Ya I'm sure of that. But there were others MAKING MONEY off of guns songs, you bet your momma on that. They killed it, we should be mad at them, not the band.

I think you are right on this, of course.

one of the problems here is, that the fucker that is reporting the "illegally shared bootleg" is the same person who was/is selling them for big money and was also behind all the leaks in the last 5 years or so (if you ask who leaked all the old demos and the remixes, it was Alfred, either directly or indirectly). and this fucker is supposedly directly or indirectly approved by the band management and/or the label. how ridiculous is that?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I feel like some people are misunderstanding why we're annoyed. It's nothing to do with bootlegs. It's about people being threatened and someone claiming to be doing it in the name of gnr. 

Why not both?  I know for me all of that stuff bugs me lol from the threats and the knuckleheads doing it in the name of GNR down to the positive nature of fan made videos and great material that does no harm by being on youtube being disrupted by all of this BS

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I feel like some people are misunderstanding why we're annoyed. It's nothing to do with bootlegs. It's about people being threatened and someone claiming to be doing it in the name of gnr. 

It's way bigger problem but what Del wrote is absolutely ridiculous

Edited by sl4yer

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Yes but Del has ignored that completely!

And if we follow the logic that they have been threatened because of the takedowns, of uploaded bootleg contents, then Del is basically saying that he has no sympathy with those who have been threatened because they upload boots.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

the threatening peoples families is where I draw the line. That's the story here, at least for me. 

• Like 2

So he has no sympathy for people and their family being threaten over this?? It's like he's saying that they should see this coming :facepalm: Let me break it for you Del, what they should see it coming was that their videos could be taken down by GNR or UMG. Not that some trolls took those videos down and - worst - start threaten them and their families over this, claiming they are working for Team Brazil. Seriously, this band deserves a huge fuck off!!!

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but Del has ignored that completely!

And if we follow the logic that they have been threatened because of the takedowns, of uploaded bootleg contents, then Del is basically saying that he has no sympathy with those who have been threatened because they upload boots.

I know, i we're basically saying the same thing here. I'm annoyed he completely ignored that part of the issue in favour of calling fans thieves. 

2 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

http://livemetallica.com

1. Pick a date

2. Pay

3. Download

+ extra 

100 youtube pro-shot videos on youtube for free from current tour

And then - you have DelJames

Metallica probably doesn't have People like Del on the pay roll.

Please, Axl, Slash, Duff, get professional people on board. We know you can afford it. Don't disrespect us with the likes of Del. Let him write a short story for the next video, but for the love of God don't let him be your spokesperson. He sucks big time. 

• Like 1