An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Metallica probably doesn't have People like Del on the pay roll.

Please, Axl, Slash, Duff, get professional people on board. We know you can afford it. Don't disrespect us with the likes of Del. Let him write a short story for the next video, but for the love of God don't let him be your spokesperson. He sucks big time. 

Slash now is busy with SMKC. Axl is busy with Angus and don't even think now about his own band.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Please, Axl, Slash, Duff, get professional people on board. We know you can afford it. Don't disrespect us with the likes of Del. Let him write a short story for the next video, but for the love of God don't let him be your spokesperson. He sucks big time. 

Slash and Duff do have professional people to handle their contracts and career. For gnr, they rehearse, show up, smile and look pretty for the cameras and spectators, then cash their checks

Axl likes hes personal cult running his side of things. Fernando was his freaking representation in ACDC. Hilarious

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

Me six months ago:

"I love AFD.

I do NOT love the band members.

I do NOT love the management team or the industry fuckers.

I put up with all the swirling bullshit because of the music."

Me now:

I DO NOT LOVE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BAND... EXCEPT THIS FORUM.

FUCK THEM. FUCK THEM ALL.

after NILT this is a great name for a new album !!!! Guns n' Roses FUCK THEM, FUCK THEM ALL !! release 20..  when ever..........

• Like 1

Glad and amused to see so many here openly displaying how much they can't stand that Del James dude. :headbang: Useless POS.

As for GNR management etc... I don't know WTF is going on (I guess good old greed, for lack of a better word, is good...) , but all those guys are making me less and less enthusiastic and proud about wearing my vintage GNR shirts collection ... and that says it all. 

I keep seeing the Super-Duper Deluxe AFD box I got and put in my living room in the corner of my eye and can't help but tell myself: WTF was I thinking??? Then I remember: I was drunk when I ordered it... :facepalm: 

Man, this band and everything around it is a True World Champion in leaving a major sour taste in my mouth, ever since 1992.

/rant off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I know, i we're basically saying the same thing here. I'm annoyed he completely ignored that part of the issue in favour of calling fans thieves. 

To put it another way, because you upload boots - which is today's tape/VHS circulating - you are completely beyond Del's sympathies! Family threatened? Scurrilous emails? You should have thought of that before you uploaded mate.

Presumably he'd be alright if he and his family were similar threatened for listening to a Lizzy bootleg, but if Del James has truly never listened to a bootleg - including all of those little live clips, televised and crowd, and award show bits and pieces and TV documentaries for every band on Youtube (this is a large part of the Guns content that has been pulled down, correct?) - then my apologies to Del James. 

The elephant in the room is that this basically makes it more possible that Guns are behind everything - that is completely ignored by Del James also. He didn't even say, ''it wasn't GN'R but we endorse it''!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Next video? lol

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Slash and Duff do have professional people to handle their contracts and career. For gnr, they rehearse, show up, smile and look pretty for the cameras and spectators, then cash their checks

Axl likes hes personal cult running his side of things. Fernando was his freaking representation in ACDC. Hilarious

I'm all for Axl being close with Beta and her family. However, the way they forced themselves into his professional career is so dirty. 

Edited by cooker
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

http://livemetallica.com

1. Pick a date

2. Pay

3. Download

+ extra 

100 youtube pro-shot videos on youtube for free from current tour

And then - you have DelJames

And Pearl Jam!  You and purchase professionally mixed sounboards of nearly every show of every tour since the year 2000

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zombux said:

the best thing is that the leaks were leaked by the same "Alfred" that is now pathetically trying to shut down the internet :rofl-lol::facepalm:

True , and   Del don't is against this Alfred guy that infringe copyright too❓:max:

I wonder what Del said to Shannon Hoon? He knew about Don't Cry from bootlegs.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=11109

The band performed the song live in their early years, but stopped once they recorded Appetite. Bootleg recordings of the song were floating around, however, and Shannon Hoon had one - when he was in a cover band he would sometimes play it. Finally, in 1991, Guns N' Roses issued the song on an album after keeping it dormant for four years.

I bet he was on his knees for Shannon at that time though. No big tough guy talk for Shannon Hoon's criminality. 

Edited by cooker

16 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Someone please write a brief and crystal clear synopsis of the case in five sentences maximum and PM it to me.

five sentences are way too much. we're dealing with psychopatic madmen on the internet side, don't give a fuck attitude on the band side, fuck you attitude on the management side and shut the fuck up and give us all your money on the label side. nuff said.

• Like 1

Just now, zombux said:

five sentences are way too much. we're dealing with psychopatic madmen on the internet side, don't give a fuck attitude on the band side, fuck you attitude on the management side and shut the fuck up and give us all your money on the label side. nuff said.

I hear ya, but that's not how I'd pitch it.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Okay, let's get some perspective and try to take things down a notch.  

It's a frustrating situation but calls to aggravate Axl through memes in the hopes he'll come online is absurd.

As is telling people to take their heads out of their asses.

None of this is helping.  It's comments like these do the community no favours.  

I would agree with this. My issue is with the managements lack of professionalism. Also, Del's assholedom is the worst. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Jeez. I have never, ever heard anyone here care about Del James before or his opinions. He has been mostly ridiculed and ignored here. But now, suddenly, people are bothered with his opinions. He is not Axl, he is not Slash, he doesn't speak for the band, he doesn't speak for the management. I couldn't care less about him and his opinions, and now, after having read this, I care even less than that. It's like people here just waited for an opportunity to be outraged.

He don't is nobody, he is Axl close friend , i had respect for he , no more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

This is my post from the other thread...

I gotta be honest here... I think MOST of you are WAY overreacting. I was ACTUALLY effected by this, but you don't here me crying. Now, the personal threats that a couple received, are inexcusable. But do we know for a FACT they came from the band, managers, label, etc? It seems to be the consensus that they were the work of a couple of crazy individuals, correct? How is that the bands fault? 

As for channels getting deleted, videos getting deleted, and even this forum getting C&D's, THAT'S the risk you take when you display or provide links to downloads of material YOU DON'T OWN. Like I said before, I had THE MOST POPULAR Sympathy for the Devil music video on YouTube. But according to YouTube's rules I KNEW the chance ALWAYS existed that somebody or some entity could get rid of it, period. I don't need an explanation, nor do I deserve one. At first I thought it was just MY VIDEOS, SO I was curious to the reasons behind that. But now I see it's BEEN EVERYBODY. That's what we get for uploading things we DON'T OWN THE COPYRIGHT to, end of discussion. That is why I personally stopped doing a gnr centric channel, I knew it was playing with fire. 

I understand that a lot of really good content got removed, things fans put a lot of HARD WORK into. But again, that's the risk you take. As a professional Youtuber I see videos DAILY with people abusing copyright laws,  and probably profiting off of those videos. Then when they get flagged by YouTube they cry and whine about it. To quote Jim Carey in Liar Liar "Don't break the law A$$H..."

Look, I'm not gonna lie, I have invested interest in this topic, as a Youtuber. I for one think it is a GOOD thing if YouTube cracks down on all content creators that sneak in copyrighted material into their videos. Why? For one, it's illegal. For two, for those of us that ACTUALLY own the rights to the video, audio, music, etc for ALL OF YOUR VIDEOS, it levels the playing field. Take my videos for example, I use music that was recorded by my old band as background music in all my videos. Why? Because I OWN it, I'm not profiting off of someone else's copyright. 

I can't tell you how many times that I've seen videos where a content creator uses a 2 second clip from Star Wars or another famous film. Did they ask for permission? No. Are they making money off of that video? Yes. How is that ok guys?

Look, many younger (yes I'm calling out the late teens/early 20s crowd here) have gotten into the habit (because YouTube has allowed it to happen) of making videos where they are just talking in front of a camera, but they splice in TONS of copyrighted video and music, edit them together well, and become YouTube famous. That's not ok guys, and to be quite frank it HAS TO CHANGE. Not only is illegal, but it's hurting, not helping, the film, music and Youtube industries. Why? It's making people lazy and less creative with what they are creating. Why make something unique and different when I can just steal parts from songs that I like as background music, and steal clips from Star Wars to make my video enjoyable? 

Now, according to fair use guidelines, you ARE allowed to use a certain (time) amount of copyrighted material for use in a REVIEW. Meaning, you CAN show a certain amount of footage from the film/tv show/etc that you are reviewing. But you CAN NOT put Star Wars clips (for entertainment purposes) in a video about Guns n Roses (just using them as an example), but SO many people do exactly that. Then they ry and hide behind "fair use" and it's ridiculous. 

My final point is this, this issue is WAY BIGGER than just a Guns n Roses issue. Youtube has been cracking down across the board. It started when advertisers didn't want their ads displayed before videos that they didn't agree with the video content. Ever since then, it's been a MAJOR YouTube issue, literally thousands of videos have been made about this issue, with most people complaint because they got busted. Which I just got busted for my guns videos as well, but I deserved it, as did they. Instead of taking responsibility for their actions, they whine and complain that "YouTube is out to get me." (Pun intended, lol)

Again, I don't condone ANY threats made towards certain individuals. That was VERY MUCH out of bounds, and I hope whomever made those threats is held accountable. But as for videos being removed or channels getting deleted, you knew the risks when you posted that stuff. That's not the bands fault, that's your fault. I know somebody is gonna say "but that band over there allows it". So what? I bet they are on borrowed time, they will get busted eventually as well. I literally just read today that it's been happening in the Beatles community as well. So it's NOT just Guns n Roses. 

^This!!!! Thank you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Here is a frightening thought to ponder. If every illicit live thing outside the band's control - every bootleg, phone footage clip, tv award footage/documentary - was successfully prohibited, then the ''History of GN'R live'', as far as we could have access to it, would look something like this,

1/ Tokyo '92

2/ Live Era

3/ Appetite for Democracy

(Plus a few b-sides/live tracks).

Well you could always look through Canter's superb book for the early days - oh, we weren't meant to see that either!!

That's another sad story. Canter got shafted. Ever fan should buy his book before any rerelease material. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Okay, let's get some perspective and try to take things down a notch.  

It's a frustrating situation but calls to aggravate Axl through memes or asking people to take their heads out of their asses isn't going to help.  

But its a proven fact that getting mad and yelling makes the other side understand your point of view :lol:

Its cathartic at least lol

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I would agree with this. My issue is with the managements lack of professionalism. Also, Del's assholedom is the worst. 

And you're more than welcome to express your dissatisfaction.  But let's just keep things in perspective and not go over board.  

• Like 1