An Open Letter To GN'R, Team Brazil, UMG and Those Who Are Ruining The Community

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Okay, let's get some perspective and try to take things down a notch.  

It's a frustrating situation but calls to aggravate Axl through memes in the hopes he'll come online is absurd.

As is telling people to take their heads out of their asses.

None of this is helping.  It's comments like these do the community no favours.  

I Was really just joking about the memes. But yeah this situations got everyone a bit uptight sorry just trying to lighten the mood. Cheers!

Just now, sabian11 said:

I Was really just joking about the memes. But yeah this situations got everyone a bit uptight sorry just trying to lighten the mood. Cheers!

No worries.  Sometimes it's difficult to know whether people are being serious or not considering the temperature in the room.  

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Do we have the screenshots and evidence of the "two knucklehead's" ridiculousness easily available to send to Del since he is expressing interest in it at least a tiny bit?  

Everything has been sent to Team Brazil.  We're hopeful that they're looking into and will come to a determination.  That's all I can say at this point.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Here is a frightening thought to ponder. If every illicit live thing outside the band's control - every bootleg, phone footage clip, tv award footage/documentary - was successfully prohibited, then the ''History of GN'R live'', as far as we could have access to it, would look something like this,

1/ Tokyo '92

2/ Live Era

3/ Appetite for Democracy

(Plus a few b-sides/live tracks).

Well you could always look through Canter's superb book for the early days - oh, we weren't meant to see that either!!

Tokyo - Shadow of Chicago

Live Era- It should be called Half Live Era

Appetite For Democracy - Shadow of all 2009 and 2010 shows.

Imagine if we had Los Angeles 2006, Houston 2016, Bucharest or Ireland 2010 and many other great shows in AFDem quality. 

The Apollo Theather videos are now haunted. All Markit Aneight videos from this gig are taken down. They want to release it? I hope not. If they will I just don't understand them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Ok now we're getting somewhere. Clearly he didn't read the whole thing the first time around.

That's damage control.. Honestly, this band was more fun before the reunion. At least for me. Back then i had hopes to hear CD2, now they are tryin to sell me shadow of your love as a new song in a ultra expensive box of old stuff.

• Like 3

Alright, we can work with some acknowledgement of the threats from someone like Del. Much better response to the situation. 

Most of us could care less if they burned every last secret bootleg and unreleased song. We just don’t want anyone’s life threatened over the band. The people being threatened are no different than you or I. They just got involved with shitty people that neeed to be dealt with 

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

Okay, let's get some perspective and try to take things down a notch.  

It's a frustrating situation but calls to aggravate Axl through memes in the hopes he'll come online is absurd.

As is telling people to take their heads out of their asses.

None of this is helping.  It's comments like these do the community no favours.  

People are just mad and frustrated from reading such a cold response from a GN'R associate.

This is the only place where we can vent and receive a little support from each other.

I agree it is not cool to be openly planning memes and other childish ways to call band's attention but I also think this is just "spur of the moment" and it will pass soon.

• Like 1

Del clearly doesn't understand the story, he doesn't understand why families have been threatened, he doesn't know who is Alfred and what did he do, and why GN'R has to do something with this. He needs better communication, and you guys need to explain it to him @RussTCB @downzy

I know i have made a few jokes through the comments, but I can see that the guy, who is not regular here, doesn't know what the fuck are we talking about.

I just told him that the guy behind this has leaked unreleased stuff and so on and he asked me for more info.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 3

Just now, Uncle Bob said:

Del clearly doesn't understand the story, he doesn't understand why families have been threatened, he doesn't know who is Alfred and what did he do, and why GN'R has to do something with this. He needs better communication, and you guys need to explain it to him @RussTCB @downzy

I know i have made a few jokes through the comments, but I can see that the guy, who is not regular here, doesn't know what the fuck are we talking about.

It appears from his latest tweet that he may actually be looking into what's going on now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ratam said:

He don't is nobody, he is Axl close friend , i had respect for he , no more.

You respected Del? May I ask why? :lol:

I am not saying he was proven to be an asshole before this. Just a nobody. So a nobody turned out to be a bit of an asshole. So what? The world is full of them. I am hardly surprised.