Slash is Live at the Rainbow with Eddie Trunk

Two funny footnotes:

Slash dated 1994 as the end of the UYI tour. 😄 This speaks volumes about how different the knowledge/perfectionism of us fans regarding band facts from one of the band members is. If one of us would have said "1994" inhere, he would have been banned from the board 😄

Another thing I - as a non native speaker - noticed is that Slash only once said "fucking" during the whole 30 minutes lasting interview. Back in the day every second word was "fucking", even on broadcasting interviews 😄 Might have something to do with his role model function as a dad 😄

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

giphy.gif

They may be going everywhere on the planet but wouldnt stop recording things here and there on the road or at soundcheck. Its not a far away idea that axl could send slash a partially put together song from one of the chidem leftovers and slash being in his dressing room seeing what guitar piece he could do, record and hand back to axl.

41 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

It's the package. They both need each other to fill stadiums and they are both smart or desperate enough to understand and go about their business in a professional manner. NuGNR decreased its own value not because of no Slash but to lack of product, consistency and professionalism. If you change managers and lead guitarists like underwear and don't release any music then don't expect to fill stadiums. However, take away Axl and there is no GNR. Nowadays, they both don't sound on top their game - Axl stuggles with preperation and performance stamina while Slash has never been more sloppy and going through the motions on stage.

Fair enough, I could get behind that. 

In my opinion, both musicially and energy wise, basically every single NuGNR concert between 2001 and 2006 (aside from Ashba I would also count 2010 to that) pisses over the entire NITL tour.

I hate to admit it, but if I'm being objective....yeah, agreed. Buckethead era Guns in particular is light years beyond this. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Another thing I - as a non native speaker - noticed is that Slash only once said "fucking" during the whole 30 minutes lasting interview. Back in the day every second word was "fucking", even on broadcasting interviews 😄 Might have something to do with his role model function as a dad 😄

But He says "you know" Every 10 words. And it's much more irritating :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

But He says "you know" Every 10 words. And it's much more irritating :lol:

Unless he talks gear, the standard Slash interview basically consists of "you know" and "all things considered" with a few random bubbles of nothing thrown in for good measure. It's a shame Axl doesn't do more interviews, as a person I find him to be the total opposite of Slash, a lot more eloquent, deep and real. I wonder how they ever managed to be in the same room together for 10 minutes without going at each others throats. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

They may be going everywhere on the planet but wouldnt stop recording things here and there on the road or at soundcheck. Its not a far away idea that axl could send slash a partially put together song from one of the chidem leftovers and slash being in his dressing room seeing what guitar piece he could do, record and hand back to axl.

I beLIEve in a new album.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:39 AM, Sosso said:

"It was recently the 24th Anniversary of Gilby Clarke's "Pawnshop Guitars." Our guest, drummer Marc Danzeisen, goes into detail of the making and recording of that record, which included appearances from Axl Rose and Slash.

"Pawnshop" is just a small part of Marc's 40 year career. We learn about his orchestral beginnings, to his time with the Bulletboys, the Rocky IV soundtrack, Davy Jones, and so much more!

After the interview Brando addresses a dangerous online GNR community problem. Thank you for listening. Please follow/subscribe."

SLASH killed on this record

Lets all cut the bullshit , SMKC is always gonna happen , Those cats are tight with each other, Myles albeit  he doesnt sing with a mean venom with his lyrics-the cat can sing his ass off, Todd is a terrific Bass Player , one of the best in the business it is a bonus he can sing as well and do that very well . Frank is the youth and brings the band new energy , Frank is killer on guitar and last but not least Brent Fitz is one of the best drummers on the planet , a hybird of Steven Adler and MATT SORUM , BRENT can play with anybody in the rock world and then their is the WIZARD-Slash  , the riff master , groove keeper with the soulful and shredd solos , 1 HELL OF A BAND !! 

As far AS GNR is concerned it is up to AX, can his voice be up to his standards in the studio , SLASH and Duff can write a killer album in a month , It is up  2 AX once again just like it always has been , Can Frank Ferrer hang with Slash and Duff in studio , yet to be determined , Can Richard write something cool yet to be determined , he is a killer cover player , what can he write ? I hope so , I dont wanna hear anything off CHINESE leftovers , that album was bad enough IMO , some good songs , nothing great , If ax wants to take his vocals from that CD Leftovers  and add some I am cool with that , NO RIFFS , bass or drumming by the JOKERS from that lineup , LET SLASH and DUFF do their thing , if Frank cannot cut it , Bring in Brent, Brad Wilk, or Tommy Cluflutoes from OZZY and Balck Sabbath fame , SLASH and TOMMY have  played together  at several gigs and TOMMY is a monster on the skins , Probably would have been the drummer for SMKC if not the chance to play with SABBATH and OZZY     

BALL IS ALWAYS IN AX'S COURT , DRIBBLE THE MUTHERFUCKER MAN AND SING oyur ass off on a new GNR album , if not -PEACE OUT HOMIE !!!@fernando

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

But you have to admit that he spoke very nice and fondly about Axl...for me that is all...those 2 getting along...he called his partner in crime, how huge their reconciliation were...etc. in my opinion that is a good sign...

The fact that Fernando an Beta had promoted SMKC is the most surprising thing to me. Axl appoves. Slash team and Axl team has been lovey dovey in social media lately.

When did Fernando and Beta promote SMKC?

55 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

What I found most interesting is how quickly he brushed off the question about Richard, Frank and Dizzy. Just answered "yeah... They're great" and quickly moved on without saying more.

If asked that same question about Todd, Brent, Frank... I think he'd give a much more enthusiastic response. 

I personally believe NITL line up don't have much chemistry and Slash/Duff would probably prefer to work with other musicians but understand that it's not their choice.

You can kinda see on social media etc how the band is split in 3.

Axl and his people.

Slash/Duff and their families.

Frank, Richard, Melissa and Dizzy.

It makes sense. Slash wants to promote SMKC in his current interview rounds. He doesn't want to spend too much time on GN'R questions, especially those relating to Richard/Frank/Dizzy.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2018 at 11:05 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Are expectations so high on an Axl/Slash/Duff GN'R record that to Axl it just comes off as a headache and an unreachable quality needed for the album to be praised?  Therefore, why bother?  Chinese Democracy has some fantastic songs on it but that album is always going to just be a source of tension and split opinion.

When was the last critically and fan acclaimed Metallica album?  Or AC/DC?  Smashing Pumpkins is trying to do more than a reunion tour by making new music with the glory days lineup (except for D'arcy) and I just see their recently released song being belittled.  People want new music from these older bands, but they don't seem to ever like the new music and that's probably because deep down, the new music is not as good as the stuff from heyday.  So why bother?

I thought Death Magnetic was received very well, although that's probably because it was a departure from St. Anger. I though the last 2 ACDC albums were accepted as solid. Nothing special but very solid albums nonetheless. Van Halen's last one got great reviews. 

Unfortunately with Axl I think we'd get something a little more experimental and not in vain of what the puclic accepts as the classic Guns sound which would hurt it. Sure Slash would get some songs in on it but still. Even if they just get Slash and Duff on a few CD session songs it'll still be Chinese style songs and we know how that went over with the general public 10 years ago. 

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

By recruiting BH and Finck, Axl created something GNR never was intended to be. 

So as good as these musicans might have been in somebody's opinion, they were the wrong musicans for this band, so I have to disagree with this statement.

I don't know, that's a matter of taste. I think more shreddy guitars here and there but still tasteful for the most part when it comes to bucket wasn't really out of the realm of what guns is. it's close in style to some old guns tunes enough that it sounds like a small but natural progression for me. a little more modern and cinematic. but they created a special album guitar wise. bucket and robin delivered great guitar solos that sound in style not too far from proper hard rock. robin's better solo, bucket's twat outro, street of dreams, etc. slash has some shred moments himself and it's not like chinese was this crazy experimental album and robin and bucket played fairly conservative hard rock on it. even the i.r.s bucket solo is bluesy and his solos on prostitute as well. 

Edited by Rovim

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I thought Death Magnetic was received very well, although that's probably because it was a departure from St. Anger. I though the last 2 ACDC albums were accepted as solid. Nothing special but very solid albums nonetheless. Van Halen's last one got great reviews. 

Unfortunately with Axl I think we'd get something a little more experimental and not in vain of what the puclic accepts as the classic Guns sound which would hurt it. Sure Slash would get some songs in on it but still. Even if they just get Slash and Duff on a few CD session songs it'll still be Chinese style songs and we know how that went over with the general public 10 years ago. 

I think you're underestimating slash's sound. he's a big part of the classic guns sound. even his playing alone on top of cd 2 songs could make it 100% guns. and duff as well. best example to me is november rain and estranged. the musical personality of these 2 songs belong to slash just as much as axl. also catcher, chinese, and street of dreams plus there was a time, this I love and i.r.s all could have worked well with slash and duff as "real" guns tunes imo. that's half an album.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I don't know, that's a matter of taste. I think more shreddy guitars here and there but still tasteful for the most part when it comes to bucket wasn't really out of the realm of what guns is. it's close in style to some old guns tunes enough that it sounds like a small but natural progression for me. a little more modern and cinematic. but they created a special album guitar wise. bucket and robin delivered great guitar solos that sound in style not too far from proper hard rock. robin's better solo, bucket's twat outro, street of dreams, etc. slash has some shred moments himself and it's not like chinese was this crazy experimental album and robin and bucket played fairly conservative hard rock on it. even the i.r.s bucket solo is bluesy and his solos on prostitute as well. 

To be honest, I haven't heard the studio versions of IRS and Prostitute for probably almost a decade now so I'm not that familiar with these songs. But I remember a shredding solo, I think it has to be the one in Prostitute. If that is one of the solos you are talking about then my opinion is that it's a totally different style and in no way comparable with Slash's guitar. 

I'm not judging the quality since it's personal taste but again, IMO that has nothing to do with evolving the sound of the band but with changing it completely. That said, it was Axl's project so I had to deal with it, but what concerned me the most were their live contributions to the old songs. Hearing my favorite music get butchered like that by Finck and BH broke my heart as a fan.

Fincks attempts playing the classics were horrendous and BH, while technically perfect, did never manage to get the GNR vibe in his playing. Not that he's ever tried but still it wasn't what the songs were screaming for.

I'm happy Slash's back now and I enjoyed their gigs much much more than the new Guns gig I saw in 2010.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2018 at 1:05 AM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Are expectations so high on an Axl/Slash/Duff GN'R record that to Axl it just comes off as a headache and an unreachable quality needed for the album to be praised?  Therefore, why bother?  Chinese Democracy has some fantastic songs on it but that album is always going to just be a source of tension and split opinion.

When was the last critically and fan acclaimed Metallica album?  Or AC/DC?  Smashing Pumpkins is trying to do more than a reunion tour by making new music with the glory days lineup (except for D'arcy) and I just see their recently released song being belittled.  People want new music from these older bands, but they don't seem to ever like the new music and that's probably because deep down, the new music is not as good as the stuff from heyday.  So why bother?

i used to think people wrote songs and recorded albums because they wanted to

i had no idea people wrote songs and recorded albums to please the critics and the "fanbase"

thanks for letting me know about this new trend!

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i used to think people wrote songs and recorded albums because they wanted to

i had no idea people wrote songs and recorded albums to please the critics and the "fanbase"

thanks for letting me know about this new trend!

:rofl-lol:

You're welcome. You can see evidence of what I just talked about in Axl's hesitance to release CD over so many years and how many years he spent working on November Rain.  Artists typically care about what is going to be thought about what they will be releasing. 

• Like 1