Rolling Stone Article: Duff Solo Album Set for 2019 Release

They are all releasing more stuff to (ride the money wave) just increase the demand of a the original 5 crushing an album and insane tour.  Keep Steven sober a bit longer to prove himself and lock his mouth up and its 100% a green light.

But Duff "believe in me" was the closet thing to GnR we have had so this is pretty friggen exciting too.

4 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

They are all releasing more stuff to (ride the money wave) just increase the demand of a the original 5 crushing an album and insane tour.  Keep Steven sober a bit longer to prove himself and lock his mouth up and its 100% a green light.

No, they're not. Nobody in the (post-)GnR camp is doing that. 

So with Slash booked up with tour dates till summer 2019 & Duff doing his solo album well into 2019, what's Guns doing? I know we have had it good with a long world tour over the last 2 & half years but seems like 2019 might be a quiet year in Guns N' Roses. Maybe Axl can seriously look into releasing new music, he has too!

GNR will cease to do a thing for a few years (a la 2003-2005, 2008, 2015) and then will do another tour. It will have a different name than NITL (or no name) and a different stage, but it will be the same show. Maybe they will dust out a another deep cut like Perfect Crime or Think About You or another unplayed CD song to "appease" us nerds.

They're just another nostalgia arena band like Aerosmith/Stones/Queen/Van Halen/KISS etc that tours a similar hits packed set. Usually Id say there's nothing wrong with that but all of thoae bands have much bigger discographies and some have even released new music in the past decade.

Axl doesn't seem to care about expanding his output in any way. He could be bored, afraid, lazy, or all of the above. Maybe I'm wrong. I said the true "test" would be after NITL, but this has almost been a 3 year monster tour. They seem content to shut up and play their old material and rake I'm the cash. As @OmarBradley said, Slash and Duff will have released all new studio albums. They had no ideas tonsave for GNR, they are doing their own thing. Axl can't be bothered. Again, I hope I'm wrong but I can easily see GNR just being a strict nostalgia act that tours every 2 to 3 years from here on out

NITL is FINALLY finishing so they have the right to put GNR on the back burner for a little bit. I hope Axl really does want to put a record out and has it in him to release one in the next 2 or so years. I was way more hopeful at the start of the reunion, though. Them going on this long touring zero new material shows they are comfortable being a nostalgia act. Anyways, Im just speaking based on Axl's track record.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GNRmello77 said:

Look how productive the musicians in this band are! Another album by a member in this band not with this band! 

These albums (solo or with other bands) were released *while* these people were in GnR: 

Slash:
It's Five O Clock Somewhere
Living The Dream
Nothing Left To Fear

Duff: 
Believe In Me
<new album>

Dizzy:
Rock n' Roll Ain't Easy
The Dead Daisies
Revolucion

Buckethead:
Somewhere Over The Slaughterhouse
Funnel Weaver
Bermuda Triangle
Electric Tears
Bucketheadland 2
Island Of The Lost Minds
Population Override
The Cuckoo Clocks From Hell

Robin Finck:
All That Could Have Been
The Downward Spiral
The Slip 

Tommy Stinson:
Village Gorilla Head
One Man Mutiny
The Silver Lining 
Delayed Reaction
Once Twice Three Times A Maybe

Ron Thal: 
Abnormal
Barefoot
Little Brother Is Watching
Tony Harnell & The Wildflowers featuring Bumblefoot
Art Of Anarchy 

DJ Ashba:
Love Is Gonna Hurt
Modern Vintage

Not even a complete list.... 

And that's not counting side-projects they toured with. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, username said:

These albums (solo or with other bands) were released *while* these people were in GnR: 

Slash:
It's Five O Clock Somewhere
Living The Dream
Nothing Left To Fear

Duff: 
Believe In Me
<new album>

Dizzy:
Rock n' Roll Ain't Easy
The Dead Daisies
Revolucion

Buckethead:
Somewhere Over The Slaughterhouse
Funnel Weaver
Bermuda Triangle
Electric Tears
Bucketheadland 2
Island Of The Lost Minds
Population Override
The Cuckoo Clocks From Hell

Robin Finck:
All That Could Have Been
The Downward Spiral
The Slip 

Tommy Stinson:
Village Gorilla Head
One Man Mutiny
The Silver Lining 
Delayed Reaction
Once Twice Three Times A Maybe

Ron Thal: 
Abnormal
Barefoot
Little Brother Is Watching
Tony Harnell & The Wildflowers featuring Bumblefoot
Art Of Anarchy 

DJ Ashba:
Love Is Gonna Hurt
Modern Vintage

Not even a complete list.... 

And that's not counting side-projects they toured with. 

Duff had Levee Breakers and new Loaded out during NITL, too! Also Dizzys Christmas album(s)

6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Like I have said before:

People are never happy.

We used to have nothing, but we got:

• The Coachella appearance - NOT HAPPY!
  • The Troubadour / The Las Vegas / Mexico Concerts - NOT HAPPY!
  • NITLT Tour - NOT HAPPY!
  • A second run of the NITLT Tour - NOT HAPPY!
  • Three hour gigs - NOT HAPPY!
  • Entire tour without a glitch - NOT HAPPY!
  • Axl singing his off - NOT HAPPY WITH MICKEY!
  • Witchita Lineman - NOT HAPPY!
  • Black Hole Sun - NOT HAPPY!
  • Slither - NOT HAPPY!
  • AFD Box Set - NOT HAPPY!
  • The Plague - NOT HAPPY!
  • New Work Tune - NOT HAPPY!
  • Shadow of Your Love + Lyric Video - NOT HAPPY!
  • Move To The City (Acoustic) + Lyric Video - NOT HAPPY!
  • Playing with the Foo Fighters - NOT HAPPY!
  • Playing with AC/DC - NOT HAPPY!
  • Playing with P!nk - NOT HAPPY!
  • Playing with Rose Tattoo - NOT HAPPY!
  • Videos and social media coverage of all the shows - NOT HAPPY!
  • Every band member happy - NOT HAPPY!
  • A decent MGMT Team - NOT HAPPY!
  • Slash doing SFMK - NOT HAPPY!
  • Duff doing a solo record - NOT HAPPY!
  • Adler joinning in for a couple of shows - NOT HAPPY!
  • Possible release of a Live NITLT record - NOT HAPPY!
  • Possible release of Children of teh Revolution acoustic cover for the T-Rex thing - NOT HAPPY!

Can you hear how lame you guys that keep complaining really sound?

This is GNR since day one, didn't you get that already?

And then you join all of them together and you still don't get half of AFD.

So what's your point? :bitchfight:

Yes, how dare fans wish for new original music! This is an outrage! 

8 minutes ago, Legendador said:

• A decent MGMT Team  

Really? I must've missed them booting Team Complaints then. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Creed said:

no, you don't get it. they set the bar very high from 86-93. when Duff and Slash released 'Slither', we were all fine with that cause it was well produced and sounded like post UYI gnr. when its shitty or overproduced stuff we are just honest.

They only released FOUR records! FOUR records! What did you expect?

16 minutes ago, username said:

Yes, how dare fans wish for new original music! This is an outrage! 

Really? I must've missed them booting Team Complaints then. 

You know what you get with this band, since day one! You keep asking for it and Santa Clauss is never there with your present!

Let go already, move forward!

Edited by Legendador

Interesting that they only mention Believe in Me as his last solo album. Beautiful Disease, though never officially released (and shamefully so), was another solo album of his. So I guess this is his third solo album really. 

I really wish Beautiful Disease would be released though. That’s an amazing album, featuring Slash and Izzy on a few tracks. 

• Like 2

I really don't get where all this frustration comes from about this announcement, it's only another solo record from a bandmember, so what !

At least for me that doesn't mean, that they are forever done with working on new music - together !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edward Nygma said:

So with Slash booked up with tour dates till summer 2019 & Duff doing his solo album well into 2019, what's Guns doing? I know we have had it good with a long world tour over the last 2 & half years but seems like 2019 might be a quiet year in Guns N' Roses. Maybe Axl can seriously look into releasing new music, he has too!

"He has to", is that a joke?

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

They're just another nostalgia arena band like Aerosmith/Stones/Queen/Van Halen/KISS etc that tours a similar hits packed set.

Difference is all of those actually released a bunch and still releases music from time to time. Guns is a shame even among the nostalgia acts. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Interesting that they only mention Believe in Me as his last solo album. Beautiful Disease, though never officially released (and shamefully so), was another solo album of his. So I guess this is his third solo album really. 

I really wish Beautiful Disease would be released though. That’s an amazing album, featuring Slash and Izzy on a few tracks. 

''Hope'' is the best Guns N' Roses song (it also features Slash) released since Guns N' Roses folded in 1993. 

• Like 1