Raz Cue - An Open Letter To Duff McKagan

Sosso

4 minutes ago, soon said:

So, your legal council to a victim of a crime would be to state "that person allegedly committed a crime against me." ???

Fucking genius.

I take it you didn't read the article then? 

Is it also worth pointing out that we're not legal council to a victim of crime, and that no charges are being brought? 

If you make a serious accusation, you have to be prepared that the individual(s) involved may take action, if they choose. I have a qualification in media law; I;m not just making this shit up. 

Thanks for the insult though. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Someone brought up the story of a teenager boy in Argentina who allegedly committed suicide after he was acussed of sexually abusing a teenager girl who was his friend. The way they have presented this story is inaccurate because some major details are missing. That's what I meant.
I don't want to derail the thread. If you're interested I can PM you to explain what happened.

How would you know that she actually got away with it? :question:

How can you assure that she was not abused for real? Are you either one of the parts?

Yeah, legal systems are flawed but if you're innocent you fight for it. You get the best lawyer you can afford and you fight for your truth.

False rape accusations and false DV acussations can be proven. People who have an expertise in the field can somewhat easily figure out a false accusation. The alleged victim would have to pass some psychological tests and from there, it can be determined if they are lying or not, if they have a tendency to make up stories, if they are indeed subject of DV. There's tons of tools, really.

Why would you want to stop there?
In my country, the law penalizes people who make false accusations.

If I was ever falsely accused of anything, I'd work my ass off to have that person punished and pursue a compensation for damages.

I say it because I do not think that there are as many false accusations as you say there are. And with this I'm not denying the importance of it, when it happens, it is really bad for the victim.

But they are two different issues and if you're going to link it to the real sexual abuse, then you are undermining the fact that the percentage of women and children who are actually abused surpasses the percentage of men (or people in general) being subject of a false accusation.

Like I said, false accusations can be proven and they can be proven quicker than real abuse. If someone gets away with it, then we are talking about flaws in the system, corruption, or ineffective judicial officers. Nonetheless, real victims of sexual abuse oftenly stumble upon the same flaws in the system, which can make an abuser get away with their abuse.

"How can you assure that she was not abused for real? Are you either one of the parts?" Excuse me????  My advice to you is to stop and think about things without replying.

I'm actually done with this since you don't want to listen at all.   No need for the back and forth. 

1 hour ago, Minche said:

I've never said I had a problem with her presenting her version of the events. I merely ask why here(too), because I seriously don't see how she could gain anything from this. Pretty sure we have already read her version of the events via her twitter/facebook posts, too.

Is it your place to determine what SHE gains from this?

Leave it to her.

Just now, Draguns said:

"How can you assure that she was not abused for real? Are you either one of the parts?" Excuse me????  My advice to you is to stop and think about things without replying.
I'm actually done with this since you don't want to listen at all.   No need for the back and forth. 

You brought up the story of a random woman no one here knows just to make a point about something like... rape/abuse accusations can be false? :question:

Yeah, so what. It adds nothing to the central topic of discussion. I'm not bothered you don't want to continue, this thread ain't about you anyway!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is it your place to determine what SHE gains from this?

Leave it to her.

Are you her legal representative? I doubt it. So quit acting like one and let her respond to questions I directed at her, if she is willing to do so. 🙃

• Like 1

Just now, Minche said:

Are you her legal representative? I doubt it. So quit acting like one and let her respond to questions I directed at her, if she is willing to do so. 🙃

oh I am not :D but if you had read her entire post you wouldn't be asking those questions because she already stated why she wanted to tell her version ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

oh I am not :D but if you had read her entire post you wouldn't be asking those questions because she already stated why she wanted to tell her version ^_^

See...you're still acting like one! lol And I've read her entire post. It didn't have the answer to my question. 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Minche said:

See...you're still acting like one! lol And I've read her entire post. It didn't have the answer to my question. 🤷‍♀️

"I am finally breaking my silence, because they all lied about me in books, painting me as some crazy groupie, I was never that. The other books lie about me too. [...]"

"I never wanted to hurt anyone, I wanted my friends to succeed and they did. They also fucked me over and continue to do so by feeding their fans lies. It is my time to just tell my truth. You've all read about me in every book that's out there."

"I am not After anything but the Truth."

-_-

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"I am finally breaking my silence, because they all lied about me in books, painting me as some crazy groupie, I was never that. The other books lie about me too. [...]"

"I never wanted to hurt anyone, I wanted my friends to succeed and they did. They also fucked me over and continue to do so by feeding their fans lies. It is my time to just tell my truth. You've all read about me in every book that's out there."

"I am not After anything but the Truth."

-_-

🙄 Thanks for highlighting something I've already read. 😁 My question still stands. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I've been following this discussion and I can understand why Michelle chose to post here. As part of this discussion people are discussing her, after all, so it's only natural that she wishes to share her story.

It can't be easy seeing yourself discussed in books that you had no input in, and now seeing your name and your past discussed by complete strangers on message forums. I think if that were me, about any aspect of my life, I'd probably want to let my voice be heard, too. Yeah, it's a risk, because people can be unpleasant, especially on the Internet, but I think that as we're all adults here, we can surely discuss this in a polite manner. We're not that horrible a lot on this board, after all. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, killuridols said:

ok, good luck in your wait.

Here's some popcorn 4u :popcorn:

How sweet of you, but I'm not exactly waiting. If she answers, great.. I'm sure I'll get this little thing called notification. In the meantime, I got you and some Rolling stones on the playlist. I'm good. 😁

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, soon said:

The phrasing is odd, but I dont think he is suggesting Iz is drinking. It does almost seem that he's saying that a very sober approach is required to deal with Axl. Like the use of 'sober tools' is required. And that in his estimation, Izzy wasnt applying those tools. 

*"tools" as in things one learns at rehab and programs to avoid the wiring of their brain and behaviours that lead to and resulted from use.

It could be a “my sobriety is better than his” vibe. The phrasing is odd for sure. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Whilst I find Duff’s latest interviews to be somewhat mind boggling, to say the least - I can’t recall having seen or heard him say anywhere that his song is about a fictional 15 year old girl. 

Is there an interview I have missed where he has said this specifically? ... he’s said it more than once apparently. 

Otherwise, I don’t think it’s fair to state as a fact he’s been saying his song is about a fictional 15yr old girl. 

Thanks. I have got the same question. 

I know about Duffs new interpretation of the ISE phrase „turn around ...“, his stupid quote regarding Izzy not being part of the reunion and moves like his silly „punk as fuck“ shirt which cost him some love within the GNR fanbase.

But I still don’t get the reasen for the open letter and his involvment in this „Michelle“-matter. Is it his explanation for the ISE lyrics even knowing that there was this serious matter his bandmate Axl seems to be involved in? Especially, what happened in September? Which song is about a 15 year old girl?

Thanks for clarification. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Little Michelle how do we know you're who you claim to be?

Do you have any witnesses or at least names of any of the people who were supposedly there?

I suggest providing some evidence like the police report and record of the abortion.(not to me or this forum but to a lawyer. If what you say is true then you should go after them legally.)

Michelle got in touch prior to making an account to say she wanted to post her side. Her location details match what we know publicly, obviously this isn't a foolproof verification but we have no reason to believe at this point she isn't who she says she is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You track us? MyIlluminatiForum.com :lol:

That's not proof she's the girl in this alleged story let alone proof of anything other than her current location apparently being LA. 

It's not proof of anything but I just wanted to point out we have no reason to believe otherwise at this time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Little Michelle said:

Thank you. Healing is the goal with taking this stand. I am just trying to heal from the past and what is currently happening. 

After all these years, this isn't easy, it's necessary. I don't want to be lied about anymore. Duff pretending to be a Champion for this movement is so hypocritical that I honestly couldn't sit around and do nothing! Now I am starting my own protest and letting folks know why.  

Hi michelle, just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Loved your commentary and words in marc canters reckless road book. Its unfortunate due to each members lives you arnt close and friends like the old days.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Hi michelle, just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Loved your commentary and words in marc canters reckless road book. Its unfortunate due to each members lives you arnt close and friends like the old days.

She's not Michelle Young.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whilst I can honestly say, I don’t know what to believe because (a) I wasn’t there, (b) it was so long ago, and (c) there’s 2 sides to every story. I hope Michelle and axl and all of us for that matter find peace in our lives. 

Posting on here is courageous none the less as Michelle is opening up and that’s to be commended no matter what I or anyone else believes. 

Its a tough subject. And I said, I hope she finds peace now that she’s given her version of events, which everyone is entitled too! 

Edited by Tadsy
  • GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

She's randomly stated things like Axl got her pregnant and as revenge for getting an abortion

She said she had a miscarriage at 17 weeks pregnant not that she had an abortion - she couldn’t have an abortion as it was too late for that. 

She said the miscarriage started when she went to the Troubadour after meeting up with Slash and co one night. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

No? Just sensible. And I'm slightly irritated this is being dumped on our laps and given a platform without any evidence.

If Axl did this then he should be raked over the coals and I won't shed a tear for him. But I demand evidence before I pick up my pitchfork.

It's bad enough being a GNR fan and easy to hate them as it is without adding an entirely unproven rumour to the list.

I think it's up to individual posters whether they believe a) Little Michelle is who she says and b) her version of events. 

If we are to have a thread discussing Raz Cue's letter and the subsequent social media posts made by Michelle then it's reasonable that she is able to say her piece/have right of reply. The other alternative is to close the thread down and allow no discussion on the subject (people generally get mad when we do that :lol:).

Lots of people will be sceptical and that's fine as long as no one is a dick about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1