Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

I think instead of leaking the files we should organize a fan convention and invite Brain/Bucket/Freese/Pitman/Robin/Tommy to come talk about the songs while we have a giant listening party

The Appetite for Distortion guy can be the moderator

How about it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Although he has prof. picture with uncle Axl and a video in his signature meeting with him and Fernando watching above.. :shrugs:

I just don’t want to see the guy have issues because his real name pops up in google searches/articles years from now. We all know how those websites work when reporting GNR news. God forbid he doesn’t get some job down the line because of something like this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

UMG has them under contract. They’d take all of the proceeds. Outside of releasing it, there’s little benefit for GNR 

GNR likely has contractual obligations with UMG with respect to albums owed and recording rights belonging to UMG.  But UMG would not take all proceeds of any and all sales.  Artists, particularly high-calibre artists like GNR, negotiate recording right royalties along with ownership of publishing rights.  

There's always a financial incentive for any artist/band to release material.  

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I really wish people would stop using his name 

While we generally do everything we can to protect the anonymity of all users, his first name is fairly well known at this point.  As others have pointed out, he hasn't been shy in using it on this forum and other areas of the internet.  Moreover, it's not as though he and others wouldn't be on GNR's radar at this point.  

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

While we generally do everything we can to protect the anonymity of all users, his first name is fairly well known at this point.  As others have pointed out, he hasn't been shy in using it on this forum and other areas of the internet.  Moreover, it's not as though he and others wouldn't be on GNR's radar at this point.  

GNR has to worry about a producer (who was responsible for those cd's), and the guy who sold the goods, in my opinion... From the moment the storage was up for grabs, that could be considered a leak right? Since the cd's are out there already.

Edited by Propaganda

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

GNR likely has contractual obligations with UMG with respect to albums owed and recording rights belonging to UMG.  But UMG would not take all proceeds of any and all sales.  Artists, particularly high-calibre artists like GNR, negotiate recording right royalties along with ownership of publishing rights.  

There's always a financial incentive for any artist/band to release material.  

The financial incentive is already spelled out in the contract with an advance/royalty structure for a release. Whether that makes sense has always been the issue for both sides for these songs. 

In this case, I doubt that UMG would want to count this as part of a album owed under their contract. They’d prob want to release it as CD expanded reissue. Especially if there’s 1 or 2 albums left on the deal. They want control over Slash/GNR albums. Then you get into whether GNR has actually recouped under Chinese Democracy release and what deals/contract renegotiations have been made over the years that have gone into that number on top of the Best Buy Deal 

They’d need to negotiate something for this type of release. To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

The financial incentive is already spelled out in the contract with an advance/royalty structure for a release. Whether that makes sense has always been the issue for both sides for these songs. 

In this case, I doubt that UMG would want to count this as part of a album owed under their contract. They’d prob want to release it as CD expanded reissue. Especially if there’s 1 or 2 albums left on the deal. They want control over Slash/GNR albums. Then you get into whether GNR has actually recouped under Chinese Democracy release and what deals/contract renegotiations have been made over the years that have gone into that number on top of the Best Buy Deal 

They’d need to negotiate something for this type of release. To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

I'm guessing that the record company probably was forcing Axl to reunite, so they could have the rest of the albums owed in their contract with Slash and Duff in it, so they could sell more records,  but that is just speculation from me.

Edited by Propaganda

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

To expect Axl to come up with an album in a few centuries time is also a bit much considering the likely history.

even the ChiDem album release was in my opinion forced and unwanted and if it was on Axl, it would never be released, because he'd still be spending nights in studios re-recording keyboard tracks and tinkering with drums.

• Like 1

UMG wouldn’t really have to do all that much aside from throwing it up on iTunes and Amazon. They wouldn’t even need to do a physical release.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

To expect Axl to come up with an album in a few centuries time is also a bit much considering the likely history.

even the ChiDem album release was in my opinion forced and unwanted and if it was on Axl, it would never be released, because he'd still be spending nights in studios re-recording keyboard tracks and tinkering with drums.

Axl should hand over all the Chinese Democracy sessions to an independent producer he trusts and let them mix an album from it based on their own taste

Trent Reznor Presents: Chinese Democracy would be kind of amazing

5 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

Looked for a few pages back but still cant figure out what is happening :(

can anyone say something in short what leaked or is happening?

thanks

One minute of Atlas Shrugged leaked, along with almost a minute of what we have known for years as Checkmate.

Some dude told us more was coming.  A lot more.

But he had to drive 14 hours to get more, and then 14 hours back for some reason.  Apparently he's never heard of cell phones or the internet and he still exists in some kind of 1960s spy movie.

So we've all been waiting here for the last 24 hours or so with our assholes clenched tight enough to turn coal into diamonds cause we wanna hear some new 20 year old songs really fucking bad.

But.....things have gotten quiet.  Eerily quiet.   Panic is starting to sink in.

Maybe those two minutes are all we're going to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I just don’t want to see the guy have issues because his real name pops up in google searches/articles years from now. We all know how those websites work when reporting GNR news. God forbid he doesn’t get some job down the line because of something like this. 

No one wants that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl should hand over all the Chinese Democracy sessions to an independent producer he trusts and let them mix an album from it based on their own taste

Trent Reznor Presents: Chinese Democracy would be kind of amazing

never happens - my educated guess based on known history.

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

UMG wouldn’t really have to do all that much aside from throwing it up on iTunes and Amazon. They wouldn’t even need to do a physical release.

Doesn’t solve the issue of what’s owed under the contract. It’s all under an old major label deal. CD sessions doesn’t necessarily move the needle for what those numbers might be for both sides  

7 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

listening to the beginning of atlas makes me think, that the instrumental (intro)clip we already got months, or years? ago was real... anyone remembers that? (it was 58sec long)

listening to it again makes me believe, that it's most probably the outro...

Yeah I heard that snippet intro too long time ago in 2006-2007 since then I got obsessed with atlas I don’t know if it was real , some say it wasn’t but it got removed pretty quickly , I still remember how it sounds was amazing.

12 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

No one wants that.

As a community we should look after each other on certain matters. Even if it’s to protect someone from themselves at times. I’d rather not see member’s names in posts even if it’s common knowledge or available elsewhere 

Edited by guitarpatch

Dude.  There have been so many fakes over the years.  Any possible intro or outro anyone has ever heard is most likely complete bullshit.

I just found a file in one of my GNR folders.   Looks like someone sent it to me in 2016.   It's a minute and six seconds.  Instrumental with kinda Indian rhythm.

I have no idea what it is, or who sent it to me.  But someone at some time claimed it was from the CD sessions.

Anyone wanna hear it?

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Dude.  There have been so many fakes over the years.  Any possible intro or outro anyone has ever heard is most likely complete bullshit.

I just found a file in one of my GNR folders.   Looks like someone sent it to me in 2016.   It's a minute and six seconds.  Instrumental with kinda Indian rhythm.

I have no idea what it is, or who sent it to me.  But someone at some time claimed it was from the CD sessions.

Anyone wanna hear it?

Sure. Could be thyme?

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Anyone wanna hear it?

Sure. Can't be worse than Tenderness. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

UPDATE: Just chatted to our man for half hour on the phone. 

He Played me a couple of songs down the phone line, obvious unheard GnR.

Hes a good guy. i totally get his issues about stuff to do with this....

but yeh he legit has the music and just blew my mind lol

What issues?