Silkworms FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

I would imagine any subsequent GNR releases that feature Chinese era tracks will contain wholly new guitar takes from Slash and Richard, and if any other remain will be super low in the mix. So maybe it’s best that Silkworms is essentially a blank slate for guitars here.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh.... Dear sweet lord... Are you suggesting that Silkworms might still make a GNR akvun someday?! I sincerely hope that's never the case. I would be all for HS and AS showing up on a GNR album but I can't see anything being done to SW that would make it listenable. 

Hahaha, oh no I think you’ll be spared. Like I said a couple comments ago it’s the sound everyone feared Axl was taking GNR in the late 90s, as in super industrial. I think this leak is as close to an official release we’ll ever see lol. 

But yeah, I can see Slash turning Hardschool and Atlas into classics. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

You've heard of cock-a-roach soup, but have any of you tried silk-a-worm soup??

web.ae_.tasteforadventure.Matt_-225x300.

Holy fuck cock a roach soup that names a blast from the past. right up there with Hearts always get killed and zip it.

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh.... Dear sweet lord... Are you suggesting that Silkworms might still make a GNR akvun someday?! I sincerely hope that's never the case. I would be all for HS and AS showing up on a GNR album but I can't see anything being done to SW that would make it listenable. 

I don’t think it’s a great song. But what if it was framed as more of a weird mid album coda? With some new vocals and guitar parts? Like an absurd (pun intended) industrial double talkin jive. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I don’t think it’s a great song. But what if it was framed as more of a weird mid album coda? With some new vocals and guitar parts? Like an absurd (pun intended) industrial double talkin jive. 

I’d definitely dig something like this, but I don’t think there’s much that could be done to change the minds of the people that outright loathe this track.

36 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I’d definitely dig something like this, but I don’t think there’s much that could be done to change the minds of the people that outright loathe this track.

Fuck ‘em.

Badly in need of a third verse though. Shouldn’t be that hard to scrape some more nonsense together. “Licking trash out of the sewer you’ve got scabies on your arse, demon spawn infested gypsy, isn’t that a farce?”

Musically, they should’ve taken it further in the direction of something danceable to play in a dirty, disgusting warehouse club party. Really aggressive, bass-heavy EDM with some funky space-age guitar work to stand out from your average dance track.

Instead it’s kind of just making a leap halfway there and not really landing on target, while turning off most who enjoy hard rock songs.

Edited by Flayer
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It doesn't have that bit where Rose in some dodgy cockney accent like Fagin or Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins goes, ''what can I do? With a bitch like you. You know that it's true''. Or did I just imagine that entire bit of the song?

He sang that live at both House of Blues 2001 and Rock in Rio 2001, but it’s missing from both this demo and the Bumblefoot Remix for some strange reason.

FWIW, for his own fanmade Remix, evader replaced that line with a word-by-word recreation using isolated Axl vocal stems, to make it sound like Axl is singing it in his traditional high-pitched raspy voice. Sounds much better that way.

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He sang that live at both House of Blues 2001 and Rock in Rio 2001, but it’s missing from both this demo and the Bumblefoot Remix for some strange reason.

FWIW, for his own fanmade Remix, evader replaced that line with a word-by-word recreation using isolated Axl vocal stems, to make it sound like Axl is singing it in his traditional high-pitched raspy voice. Sounds much better that way.

Evader killed that mix for sure.

• Like 2

Cool to hear a studio version of the intro after all these years, In fact I think I prefer this version to the BBF one a little bit because it sound more like the RIR 2001 version I grew up with (I remember before the CD came out I made a bootleg version from the antiquiet leaks, the Brian May Catcher, chicken dinner Shackler's & RIR Silkworms)

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Cool to hear a studio version of the intro after all these years, In fact I think I prefer this version to the BBF one a little bit because it sound more like the RIR 2001 version I grew up with (I remember before the CD came out I made a bootleg version from the antiquiet leaks, the Brian May Catcher, chicken dinner Shackler's & RIR Silkworms)

I also prefer this version to the one with Ron, mostly bc this sounds like a coherent song...more or less.