Silkworms FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

9 minutes ago, Creed said:

there are definately two different versions. one with finck guitars +4?db and one with -4?db Finck. you can't barely hear him in the first one that leaked. in the second version finck is playing all over the song.

in both versions pitman is too fuckin loud and axl too quiet.

i can definately hear a prodigy and moby influence. but 'Voodoo people' by prodigy and 'alone' by moby are by far better.

Ive heard one version with guitar & it sounds more interesting than what we got yesterday

I just don't think adding stuff to this song can improve it though, the foundation of what there adding to just isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Creed said:

the HOB 2001 Live version is cool.

This version was from before they performed it live (I think). So the chorus and guitar was likely added between when this demo was made and then. I quite like the version that leaked tbh, just needs a chorus. 

Just now, default_ said:

The only thing that leaked is the 1999 (2000?) Version, and theres a fanmade remix with the two versions floating.

Some guy from discord did it. 

This is why I hate all these people tampering with the tracks to make them "better". It's making it very hard to distinguish what's original and what's not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, username said:

This is why I hate all these people tampering with the tracks to make them "better". It's making it very hard to distinguish what's original and what's not. 

If they'd never played it live, we could just pretend Silkworms was fanmade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, username said:

See I tamper with them but don't share them for this exact reason.

22 minutes ago, KeifferGNR said:

I'm anxious for the next leak.

aren't we all, long may this continue.

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Ive heard one version with guitar & it sounds more interesting than what we got yesterday

I just don't think adding stuff to this song can improve it though, the foundation of what there adding to just isn't good enough.

There's one that leaked a few years ago with Bumblefoot playing (unfortunately) where Buckethead was on previous versions that are not available to the general public. This one has the way shorter guitar intro, which is superior to the earlier versions in my opinion.

An "updated" Oh My God leaked around the same time, with similar Bumblefoot contributions. At least they kept some of Bucket's parts, which really spiced up the End of Days version. 

CD1 and CD2 would have been far better released during the Bucket and Brain era. Those two really made the music into something more special than it already way. As iconic as Slash is, I really hope they take care in rerecording Robin's parts, and, God forbid, if they rerecord Bucket's parts they better be good. I'm assuming they will dump all of Bumble's unreleased contributions, which I'm cool with if they keep Bucket in place.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

There's one that leaked a few years ago with Bumblefoot playing (unfortunately) where Buckethead was on previous versions that are not available to the general public. This one has the way shorter guitar intro, which is superior to the earlier versions in my opinion.

An "updated" Oh My God leaked around the same time, with similar Bumblefoot contributions. At least they kept some of Bucket's parts, which really spiced up the End of Days version. 

CD1 and CD2 would have been far better released during the Bucket and Brain era. Those two really made the music into something more special than it already way. As iconic as Slash is, I really hope they take care in rerecording Robin's parts, and, God forbid, if they rerecord Bucket's parts they better be good. I'm assuming they will dump all of Bumble's unreleased contributions, which I'm cool with if they keep Bucket in place.

I can't imagine Slash leaving any guitar tracks recorded by anyone no longer in the band.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Chinese era songs should keep the key players that defined its style, IMO; this past year has been weird because Buckethead hasn't released any music in over a year, and even 2018 only had a little over an hour's worth of new songs from him.  I've been curious if Axl tried to reach out to him again after all that's been happening in his personal life, with Brain & Melissa's connection with GNR and their friendship with Bucket being like an olive branch.

An album with Slash & Bucket sharing solos might be too much for this world though :lol:

• GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I can't imagine Slash leaving any guitar tracks recorded by anyone no longer in the band.

Agreed, if we get an album I think it would just be slash fortus n maybe axl on guitar