10/18/19 - Guadalajara, MX - Estadio Jalisco

alfierose

33 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It always makes me laugh that people bring up 3/5 GNR. 80% of the UYI tour was 3/5 GNR, too and nobody cared or pointed out that fact.

Matt was part of GnR. Thus RnR Hall of Fame inductee. What you said is true, but still different. Debatable. Personally, him be in RnRHof Fame, why. The band he joined was formed and all albums were written when he joined. He jumped in and recorded and played the hits. Slash, Duff got to pick, chose Matt and Gilby. Axl staff on reunion tour , were already in place. Again, Frank, Melissa, and Fortus are great and the best at what they do.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GansosYRosas said:

I went last year and nobody cares about Chi Dem stuff

Normally if you're standing to the back of the gig, those people don't know about the CD material, if you go closer you will see more people who like it, those same people will be singing along to deeper UYI cuts too, the people in the back also don't care about deep cuts, they've come for the hits. If you want a hits set only, I think you would be down to short gnr set, padded with solos. 

Personally, not all the CD songs work brilliantly live anymore, and I think some of the older guns don't work too well in concert either... but, I like that they play songs that your 'bought the ticket on the day' fan might not have heard, it's a challenge for them and the more seasoned fans get a treat.

32 minutes ago, Creed said:

Gilby and Matt were the perfect match for the UYI tour. Matt did an outstanding job on the UYI albums. And they simply  had to replace Adler and Stradlin...both were the first guys, who got almost killed by gnr. Now we have a different story. Adler and Stradlin would have liked to play some shows. Matt and Gilby are available for whole tours. Instead Axl took Fortus, Melissa and Frank. Gilby is in the same talent league as them. Adler, Matt and Izzy are more talented then the current 3.

And back then Axl was that awesome that even Frank and Melissa would have been fine.  

Robin Finck and Buckethead were the only guys in NuGuns that had real talent. But both are not hit creators. the can just play fine solos.

True. I agree during that time that Axl was a force of nature enough to float the band. I just find the 3/5 argument pointless because the band has almost always been Axl/Slash/Duff. And Adler is a clown and in no way warrants being a part of this tour. He just doesn’t get it at all. Izzy simply doesn’t care to be in a global rock and roll band. Izzy a trip to me because you would think at like 57 or wheat ever he is he would love to end his life with GNR. I assume Axl brokered the reunion because he loves GNR more than anybody and he wanted the band to be a global force again. And to prove to himself that GNR is a world class band. There was no way Axl was going to retire from music with a diluted version of his band.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

True. I agree during that time that Axl was a force of nature enough to float the band. I just find the 3/5 argument pointless because the band has almost always been Axl/Slash/Duff. And Adler is a clown and in no way warrants being a part of this tour. He just doesn’t get it at all. Izzy simply doesn’t care to be in a global rock and roll band. Izzy a trip to me because you would think at like 57 or wheat ever he is he would love to end his life with GNR. I assume Axl brokered the reunion because he loves GNR more than anybody and he wanted the band to be a global force again. And to prove to himself that GNR is a world class band. There was no way Axl was going to retire from music with a diluted version of his band.

I agree with all of them. Would Matt and Gilby fit in the band now? Probably not because Matt burned his bridges. Gilby seems he wouldn't mind doing a song here and there. He said he had to turn it down because of his daughter. Adler is just to unstable. Izzy just doesn't give a shit

A slash Is slang for a piss where I come from. Back in a minute, I’m going for a slash...

maybe “slash” is the wee wee only toilet?

Id shit in Duffs for sure. Axls is full of diapers. The bands is where frank cry’s before each show. 

I initially thought they were lockers.. Are they not? 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1