Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

If it is just another fake piece of shit, then what's the deal with not saying that is right there on Youtube lol?

How long is the version you guys are listening to? 4:00, or 8:08?

4:00. I believe it's the same as the original leak (or "leak").

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

4:00. I believe it's the same as the original leak (or "leak").

Thanks. I got one that is 8:08, that, aside from Youtube its pretty obvious where to find. 

And that poster is not known for bullshitting right? so idk... 

I do believe it is fake but only because it sounds absolutely hideous, theres no way a group of professional musicians are gonna come up with that even if its a rough demo 

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He could be just a normal guy who sells stuff then stumbled upon this community and then decided to go ahead with this shit lol. This is definitely fake, and out of all the unreleased songs he chose Eye On You? That says it all

Maybe. But he's also got a that 'extended intro' version of CD that was uploaded 7 months ago. It's definitely possible that CD's like this were made for Eye On You, and every other song from the CD sessions. At this point it seems like the CD could be real, but the 'leak' is fake.

It seems like it was just randomly sent to darknemus, and he shared it. I don't think it was even sent to him by the guy that posted the CD? Someone probably saw the discogs link and quickly threw this 'leak' together as a troll attempt... and it didn't even work :lol:

• PERHAPS 1

2 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Thanks. I got one that is 8:08, that, aside from Youtube its pretty obvious where to find. 

And that poster is not known for bullshitting right? so idk... 

I do believe it is fake but only because it sounds absolutely hideous, theres no way a group of professional musicians are gonna come up with that even if its a rough demo 

The user who added the CD on discogs doesn't look like a troll at first glance. He shared a 10 sec clip, which is different from this ~4 min. version that appeared a little later. The "full version" is supposed to be from that CD, too, but it could be just trolling/made up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, default_ said:

What, I stumbled on a 2023 Eye on You leak some hours ago on youtube and instantly replied it was fake, its gone now tho.

Maybe I should have gave it a few more listens lol

It's still there - both the 10 sec. clip and the "full version".

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The user who added the CD on discogs doesn't look like a troll at first glance. He shared a 10 sec clip, which is different from this ~4 min. version that appeared a little later. The "full version" is supposed to be from that CD, too, but it could be just trolling/made up.

That 10 sec clip has Garage Band drums. Both are fake to me. 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I just can’t stand the industrial rock phase that Axl tried to turn the band into. This song is maybe worse than “Oh My God” and “The General”. Hopefully it will remain a demo and never be officially released.

I can understand that view and keeping things "simple" like AC/DC would have probably produced more released music. 

However I have liked industrial rock bands like Filter and nu-metal like Evanescence, so I'm all for these styles. Although some of these demos are so pop, they would feel really out of place next Bad Obsession or You could be mine. 

Regardless, Axl and the guys he worked with 20 years ago really had a good grasp on these different genres they were experiementing with. I dont think it can be said that OMG is a bad industrial rock song or that Axl writes bad pop songs. He can produce great music! It just might not always fit into that box of what Guns is suppose to sound like to some people. 

Edited by weaponsnflowers
Typo
  • Like 3

I'm a little late to the party, sooo... 

If I got this right, there's a new clip of Eye on You, which is most probably fake and a longer version that could be the real deal, or at least another demo than the one we already got from the village leaks? 

Edited by ZODIAC