The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

At least institute a rule not to do it in the future?

Given the nature of the internet (GN'R in particular, thanks to the way they're run) we have no real way of knowing what's fact and what's not when it's posted. 

Just because we didn't handle this particular instance in public doesn't mean it wasn't handled.

I agree, should have asked for verification from him straight away and report back to everyone. Could have been stopped in 5 minutes instead of going on for a few days.

Also, and not sure if you're already doing this, but impose strict penalties for anyone who does this.

Edited by Sonicjam

1 minute ago, Sonicjam said:

I agree, should have asked for verification from him straight away and report back to everyone. Could have been stopped in 5 minutes instead of going on for a few days.

You must have missed it when I did exactly that. Then when I didn't receive any word back, I immediately started to post saying that it was either a joke or trolling. 

So an attempt was made to stop it within minutes. However, many users chose to ignore those posts and convince themselves it was fact. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You must have missed it when I did exactly that. Then when I didn't receive any word back, I immediately started to post saying that it was either a joke or trolling. 

So an attempt was made to stop it within minutes. However, many users chose to ignore those posts and convince themselves it was fact. 

Least I didn't promise a dick pic this time. That's a lesson you only need to learn once

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Hey everyone, this album rocks!!!!! :headbang:

hey troll!!!

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Honestly, if people read the things that sofine posted and then got disappointed when they didn't happen, they have only themselves to blame. There's some real overreactions from a few people here lol.

God damitt out of likes.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It was more pure disbelief that someone who has constantly complained about fans being misled had suddenly decided to do the same thing.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry, I must have missed that. There were a lot of posts to go through. I noticed the latter posts regarding trolling and you refreshing music streaming services at midnight and assumed were you on the fence still.

• Thanks 1

So now we have proof that Hardschool is really a song they intended to play live. 

I know this is Guns N' Roses and it's better to not get our hopes up. But now you can't deny that at least there is some intention to release something. It's way better than nothing, IMO

We also now have proof that those CD-era songs are on the table. There's a huge possibility of not having anything really new in an upcoming release. 

All I'm thinking is that Axl is always heavily influenced by the leaks. If nothing happened last year, I don't think we would hear Hardschool live now. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

For years we've been hearing from the nutters that it makes zero sense for GNR to play new songs live before they are released... lol

Yeah. As cool as it is that they’re finally playing Hardschool, that doesn’t 100% confirm that a studio release is coming soon. Afterall, there was a bunch of ChiDem songs that debuted live in 2001, only to then only be released officially in 2008 .

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah. As cool as it is that they’re finally playing Hardschool, that doesn’t 100% confirm that a studio release is coming soon. Afterall, there was a bunch of ChiDem songs that debuted live in 2001, only to then only be released officially in 2008 .

I wonder what the yuge marketing plan is... fuxk, we better something (in this lifetime)

Confirmed they waited for this thread to get over 100 pages.

Now that they're (hopefully) playing Hard School I think it's safe to say we'll at least get it released in studio quality this year.

I do feel for Axl, it is like he's cursed.

He works for years in the studio to build up a tonne of songs.

Then suffers lots of leaks in the run up to CD.

Then as they prepare for this new cycle (and possible album) they are hit by the storage locker leaks and the corona virus.

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

But that doesn't mean it would be the same way now. The CD era was such an odd thing..

^^part of me gets what you’re saying but if he hadn’t pissed about so much this wouldn’t have happened 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Confirmed they waited for this thread to get over 100 pages.

Now that they're (hopefully) playing Hard School I think it's safe to say we'll at least get it released in studio quality this year.

I do feel for Axl, it is like he's cursed.

He works for years in the studio to build up a tonne of songs.

Then suffers lots of leaks in the run up to CD.

Then as they prepare for this new cycle (and possible album) they are hit by the storage locker leaks and the corona virus.

^^part of me gets what you’re saying but if he hadn’t pissed about so much this wouldn’t have happened 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

So now we have proof that Hardschool is really a song they intended to play live. 

I know this is Guns N' Roses and it's better to not get our hopes up. But now you can't deny that at least there is some intention to release something. It's way better than nothing, IMO

We also now have proof that those CD-era songs are on the table. There's a huge possibility of not having anything really new in an upcoming release. 

All I'm thinking is that Axl is always heavily influenced by the leaks. If nothing happened last year, I don't think we would hear Hardschool live now. 

just speculation but I think it's not just the fact that the leaks happened, it's also Axl maybe knows the reception of the song online was mostly favorable. I think the intention was always to release another album but only after finishing the tour.

my guess is it's possible a potential release will be comprised of solely Chinese era material but I wouldn't call it a huge possibility cause 1: Axl said he wants to start with lyrics first which maybe implies that even if there is a lot of unreleased Chinese era material he wants to use, it's not enough as is to be a relevant Guns album anymore without fresh material

2: is it really a Gn'R album with Slash in the band if he doesn't get to contribute ideas in the same way the band always approached it? he already saved at least a couple of new riffs for a potential Gn'R album.

Edited by Rovim

47 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

What did i miss?!?! 🤯

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

just speculation but I think it's not just the fact that the leaks happened, it's also Axl maybe knows the reception of the song online was mostly favorable. I think the intention was always to release another album but only after finishing the tour.

my guess is it's possible a potential release will be comprised of solely Chinese era material but I wouldn't call it a huge possibility cause 1: Axl said he wants to start with lyrics first which maybe implies that even if there is a lot of unreleased Chinese era material he wants to use, it's not enough as is to be a relevant Guns album anymore without fresh material

2: is it really a Gn'R album with Slash in the band if he doesn't get to contribute ideas in the same way the band always approached it? he already saved at least a couple or new riffs for a potential Gn'R album.

I wouldn't mind Chinese era songs, as long as Slash and Duff would also bring to the table tracks they also have in the pocket. I mean, it's only natural. Regular bands recycle their old material all the time. The thing is if they ONLY release CD era songs with only Slash and Duff overdubs. That would be bad.

Did Slash really said he had a couple of new riffs for GNR?

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

What did i miss?!?! 🤯

There's two short videos of the band (including Axl) rehearsing Hardschool for tonights show in Mexico. You can find it on Facebook or Instagram, I can't post links here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

2: is it really a Gn'R album with Slash in the band if he doesn't get to contribute ideas in the same way the band always approached it? he already saved at least a couple or new riffs for a potential Gn'R album.

If the next album is just chinese left overs IF they do another album afterwards it would have to be original stuff. Whos knows maybe there could be a new song on whatever GNR do release with the CD2 material that has been done by the big 3. As long as we dont have a repeat of the power struggles creatively like 95/96 within the band we can be happy.

Slash has said in a previous interviewswet he wants gnr to be a normal band, album, tour, album tour cycle. Its all up to axl.

Edited by Sydney Fan