The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Izzy squire said:

Guns n' roses should postpone the shows until the next summer.

The next year, in March, a UYI Box set.

And in may , first single, and they have 2 new song, in matrix 4 and john wick 4 bso.

In summer,release the album

What? You think they should or are gonna release an album on the 30th UYI anniversary? That's never gonna happen, if the album doesn't come out this year I don't see it in 2021

On 3/9/2020 at 9:45 AM, jamillos said:

Nope, not necessarily. See the Use Your Illusion Tour. Started in January, with the records released only in September. 

Yep. Or the 2001-02 and 2006-07 legs of the Chinese Democracy Tour...

That said, artists- particularly legacy acts- assumedly want better control over how you first hear their new music these days. Too much risk that their new material is D.O.A. b/c of an off night on the road somewhere that gets posted to YouTube...

40 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Yep. Or the 2001-02 and 2006-07 legs of the Chinese Democracy Tour...

That said, artists- particularly legacy acts- assumedly want better control over how you first hear their new music these days. Too much risk that their new material is D.O.A. b/c of an off night on the road somewhere that gets posted to YouTube...

Right, but then again - Axl's already tried this approach out ad nauseam - actually with every single album he's made - so it shouldn't be a problem this time either, right? :D

So let’s say, just for the sake of conversation, that the start of the tour was in fact meant to coincide with the formal announcement of a new album (or even a surprise drop a la Eminem, Beyoncé, etc.).

Now, lets say between now and Saturday the whole tour does in fact get canceled.

Does the new album reveal/announcement still happen? Or does that get shelved too?

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So let’s say, just for the sake of conversation, that the start of the tour was in fact meant to coincide with the formal announcement of a new album (or even a surprise drop a la Eminem, Beyoncé, etc.).

Now, lets say between now and Saturday the whole tour does in fact get canceled.

Does the new album reveal/announcement still happen? Or does that get shelved too?

It’s funny - I was thinking similar to the fact that IF the tour was cancelled and nothing regards new music is already waiting to go, then there would be literally NO excuse for not working on new material other than ‘they just don't want to’. All that spare time with no gigs - that’s when they should be working on stuff.

Regarding your specific question - I think you have to let it go, gives folk plenty of time to take it all in before the tour restarts.

Edited by DTJ80

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s funny - I was thinking similar to the fact that IF the tour was cancelled and nothing regards new music is already waiting to go, then there would be literally NO excuse for not working on new material other than ‘they just don't want to’. All that spare time with no gigs - that’s when they should be working on stuff.

Regarding your specific question - I think you have to let it go, gives folk plenty of time to take it all in before the tour restarts.

By “let it go” I’m assuming you mean they would have to cancel any planned music release, right?

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the word is this tour is supposed to be in support of new music, then the new music gets pushed back. Unless they drip a single with a plan to resume touring.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the word is this tour is supposed to be in support of new music, then the new music gets pushed back. Unless they drip a single with a plan to resume touring.

I suppose just one single for now would be nice, and then they could always release a different single once the tour is able to restart.

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I suppose just one single for now would be nice, and then they could always release a different single once the tour is able to restart.

Yep also UMG should start doing advertising on billboards etc in key touring states as well. But the band should have at least 2 singles ready and a video as well. I think if the band can resume touring by may then1 single should suffice. Second single by july if touring doesnt start until then.

Edited by Sydney Fan

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

By “let it go” I’m assuming you mean they would have to cancel any planned music release, right?

No - let it go as in release it....let folk absorb it ahead of rescheduled tour.  I realise this is unlikely to happen but it I’m thinking on the ‘right - we can’t hold this back any longer, let’s release it’ point of view!!!!

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

No - let it go as in release it....let folk absorb it ahead of rescheduled tour.  I realise this is unlikely to happen but it I’m thinking on the ‘right - we can’t hold this back any longer, let’s release it’ point of view!!!!

Yeah I would like that! But this is GnR we’re talking about so...

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep also UMG should start doing advertising on billboards etc in key touring states as well. But the band should have at least 2 singles ready and a video as well. I think if the band can resume touring by may then1 single should suffice. Second single by july if touring doesnt start until then.

I have a feeling the euro tour will be canceled. Looks like the virus will hit peak there around May/June, right when GnR are supposed to tour there. July sounds realistic (for now) tho.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I would like that! But this is GnR we’re talking about so...

I have a feeling the euro tour will be canceled. Looks like the virus will hit peak there around May/June, right when GnR are supposed to tour there. July sounds realistic (for now) tho.

Oh...I know.....I know......that was my POSITIVE point of view! 😂

• Haha 1