The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

I really hope there will be no CD2.. I just wish they record a new album 😊

As much i like cd, and what we got of CD leftovers, i totaly agree whit you. 
A fresh new album of new music recorded present time:drool:

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Draguns said:

I'm thinking about seeing RHCP next year when they are at MetLife Stadium. Tickets are pricey at $178. Is it worth it if they play for only 90 minutes? 

I bought tickets today for Philly.  Paid about 133 a ticket and don't even have great seats but it'll be worth it.  The RHCP we're the first concert I ever went to way back in the year 2000 (I was 16) and with John back in the band I know it'll be great and worth the trip.  Also the Strokes are opening!!

• Like 1

Here’s some inspiration as to how to do things: Ghost’s Tobias Forge says "The idea is for the album to be recorded in January. The actual recording will last around six weeks and then there’s two to three weeks of mixing and mastering. So sometime in March the record should be finished, but it won’t be released until after the summer."

Btw #1: He's also said "I was always a big fan of Slash and Keith Richards. I wanted to be the cool guitar player rather than the singer. It’s so ludicrous because I know nothing about telephones or computers. I just mastered the art of bullshitting. I was sitting there just wishing for another life. Towards the end of 2009, I felt I needed to take the little time I had and focus all of it on one thing. And Ghost was the best thing I’d ever done."

Btw #2: This guy is so fucking cool I can’t even fathom it. Long live Papa! 

GnR and Chili Peppers connections are that Steven and Slash grew up in the same neighbourhood as Flea and they used to go watch the Chili Peppers rehearse before they were all famous, but I'm sure most know that already. Also, on the song ''Punk Rock Classic'' from ''Mother's Milk'' John plays the Sweet Child lick at the end. Buckethead auditioned for the Chili Peppers when John quit the first time in the 90's, but obviously didn't get the gig.

What else?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

GnR and Chili Peppers connections are that Steven and Slash grew up in the same neighbourhood as Flea and they used to go watch the Chili Peppers rehearse before they were all famous, but I'm sure most know that already. Also, on the song ''Punk Rock Classic'' from ''Mother's Milk'' John plays the Sweet Child lick at the end. Buckethead auditioned for the Chili Peppers when John quit the first time in the 90's, but obviously didn't get the gig.

What else?

Dave Navarro? while I like One Hot Minute, I've always believed that Dave would have made a better fit as a replacement for Slash. Maybe even with another guitar player. Robin and him would have been an interesting guitar duo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Dave Navarro? while I like One Hot Minute, I've always believed that Dave would have made a better fit as a replacement for Slash. Maybe even with another guitar player. Robin and him would have been an interesting guitar duo.

Navarro is a good inventive guitar player but he's too much of a camera whore / Hollywood socialite / careerist, I don't think he'd have lasted long being under the shadow of Axl. He seems to like being the star, he's probably chilled a lot now that he's older though. They probably wanted Dave but he declined and in an effort to get someone like Dave Axl got Ashba, who had all Dave's worst traits and none of the playing ability.

Um.... so that new album😜 this thread is way off the rails, think it's the catchy title😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Navarro is a good inventive guitar player but he's too much of a camera whore / Hollywood socialite / careerist, I don't think he'd have lasted long being under the shadow of Axl. He seems to like being the star, he's probably chilled a lot now that he's older though. They probably wanted Dave but he declined and in an effort to get someone like Dave Axl got Ashba, who had all Dave's worst traits and none of the playing ability.

Um.... so that new album😜 this thread is way off the rails, think it's the catchy title😄

I think the heroin addiction was the problem. He played nice when he was in RHCP afaik. I'm not sure how interested he was in joining Gn'R at the time, but he seems like a pretty open dude.

on an artistic level I think it could have worked. Dave's note choices and playing style could have given the material that twisted Jane's Addiction vibe.

Tommy, Josh, Robin, Dave, Dizzy, Pitman and Axl with material Paul helped with could have been great imo.

I would like Gn'R to release a new album.

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think the heroin addiction was the problem. He played nice when he was in RHCP afaik. I'm not sure how interested he was in joining Gn'R at the time, but he seems like a pretty open dude.

Yeah, this is a cool interview I read recently with Rob Allen about John but also Dave gets mentioned, and I think there's a lot more to him than that ''rock star'' persona,

http://www.jfeffects.com.br/2020/04/jf-effects-interviews-robbie-rule-allen.html

And Dave Navarro… I have nothing but nice things to say about him. He is the fucking sweetheart. He is a really nice guy. His whole public persona of being a rockstar guy it’s totally ironic. He is smart as a whip, he is funny, and very generous. We would hang out together every morning, we just have coffee in his room on bathrobes [laughs]. Because he found out that everyone there was kind of insane. Flea and Anthony are a little… a little off. Dave is a very normal kind of dude.

Edited by EvanG

7 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Hey....just one question.....so at the moment theres no more than 2 songs recorded? its not an advance of an album,just and EP?

we don't actually know if Absurd and HS plus live versions of You're Crazy and Don't Cry from the tour is all that is planned to be released but Susan and Slash have talked about the band working on a full album and Beta said that Absurd is a part of the cd.

for now, no official statement has been made about a concrete plan to release a full album.

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

we don't actually know if Absurd and HS plus live versions of You're Crazy and Don't Cry from the tour is all that is planned to be released but Susan and Slash have talked about the band working on a full album and Beta said that Absurd is a part of the cd.

for now, no official statement has been made about a concrete plan to release a full album.

Beta could also mean the Hard Skool release in february when mentioning the "cd".

• Like 1