The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Another brilliant forward-thinker calling the majority of the MyGNR users stupid.

Dear VoodooChild, I'm not a thinker, by the way I have great respect for you, and I know you from Brazil, from PERFECT CRIME FORUM, I didn't generalize and I put myself as stupid too. I would spend my money for the illusions box set. If what this band does for love please prove it to me

10 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Dear VoodooChild, I'm not a thinker, by the way I have great respect for you, and I know you from Brazil, from PERFECT CRIME FORUM, I didn't generalize and I put myself as stupid too. I would spend my money for the illusions box set. If what this band does for love please prove it to me

Sorry about my previous post, I get your point. I just don't agree that people are stupid for wanting to buy or enjoy the concert live. 

I don't know if the band do anything for love, but I don't expect that. Guess people are fully aware of how things are at this moment, even though some still have unrealistic hopes. 

What still drives me is the experience. When anything new happens, the forum always explode. It's been that way for the last 20 years. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Desculpe pelo post anterior, entendi seu ponto. Só não concordo que as pessoas sejam estúpidas por quererem comprar ou curtir o show ao vivo. 

Não sei se a banda faz alguma coisa por amor, mas não espero isso. Acho que as pessoas estão plenamente conscientes de como as coisas estão neste momento, mesmo que algumas ainda tenham esperanças irreais. 

O que ainda me move é a experiência. Quando algo novo acontece, o fórum sempre explode. Tem sido assim nos últimos 20 anos. 

I've been here for at least 15 years, I've lived all the expectations of the CD, live shows are awesome and I appreciate it. We all know that the band has a vast amount of new material, be it songs or videos. I thought that the fuss about not releasing anything was because of Slash, but he came back to the band six years ago, the AFD Deluxe was released a year later, but after that there is nothing else, no kind of advance notice, only shows at more shows, I confess that I will not go to any show on this tour anymore, I will continue expecting something new.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Another let down, but I garuntee we'll be here this time next year with the same expectations based on a throwaway comment, like we haven't learnt our lesson the past 12 years or so. We're gluten for punishment. 

What's the letdown? Has anyone from the camp said a new album is not coming or that they don't intend to release new music this year?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since they’re deliberately obscure about everything (like it’s still 20 years ago), I wouldn’t have expected the new single(s) to drop or be played right at the beginning, just because the tour has started and it’s June, as per Slash’s words. They don’t work like that, do they. This would be too easy, too predictable, too compliant with what was... not promised, but vaguely outlined. The only let-down for me will be if the setlist keeps being the same again, which is quite likely. 
The disturbing thing indeed is that nothing new is on the alt. playlist or has been soundchecked. Of course, it doesn’t have to be, they can rehearse it privately, as they know people listen and record outside, but still, it probably doesn’t bode too well for new songs to be played at any imminent shows. 

• Like 1