The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Hard Skool is already more streamed on Spotify than songs like Perfect Crime, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City, Mama Kin and You're Crazy (acoustic). Would you call all of those songs flops?

None of those songs you mentioned were released as a comeback single.

You cannot argue the production, mixing and recording of those two reunion/comeback songs wasn't bad.

Edited by vloors

1 hour ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Yea what a tease... just a better explanation would have been good.. no link sure.. but there's no rule saying, live the general gnr etc.. or something. Not sure why they posted the comment to begin with lol??

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I would assume he's on about The General recording from the club in Vienna, which is up on YT.

Cheers folks. 👍

29 minutes ago, vloors said:

None of those songs you mentioned were released as a comeback single.

How do you define a comeback single? Wasn't Shadow of Your Love the comeback single? These are just some more singles.

You seem to attach some kind of a burden on these songs that the band does not. Clearly the band had no intention to become some kind of a big mainstream band again that everyone is talking about. They would have made a proper music video for these songs if that was the intention. No, these were just a couple of songs from the future album that were released to satisfy the hunger that fans have for new music. The intention seems to be to release every single song from the upcoming album as a single, so it's not like in the old times, when only a couple of songs from the album are released as singles.

For example Garden of Eden actually had a music video and it was released when GNR was at the peak of it's popularity. It was released in a time when rock music was mainstream music, but still Hard Skool already has more streams on Spotify. That's not too shabby.

1 hour ago, vloors said:

You cannot argue the production, mixing and recording of those two reunion/comeback songs wasn't bad.

I kinda like the production. In a time when most music is over-produced it's refreshing that GNR is releasing music that sounds raw. The reception of Hard Skool has been overwhelmingly positive based on Youtube comments. So clearly most people don't care about the problems that you have with the production.

5 hours ago, Dean said:

I would assume he's on about The General recording from the club in Vienna, which is up on YT.

Yeah, it’s actually not the worst audio either. So naturally, the next single will be The General 👌🏼

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5GoXSsHbf/?hl=en

New fortus interview i think

tell me if i'm wrong

Members of the Not in This Lifetime lineup of the band, active since 2016, have been cautious about answering questions about a follow-up to 2008’s Chinese Democracy, after that LP’s difficult gestation period meant it was almost impossible for the material to live up to the hype. Frontman Axl Rose recently said, “You never know,” when asked about new music. On the last show of the near-three-year world tour earlier this month, he told fans, “we had to get through this first… we can’t do what’s new until we finish this.”

Asked about Rose’s comments, Fortus told KSHE95, “We’re going to try… try and do another record, get it out soon…” On the subject of its potential high quality, he said, “How could it not be? The band’s so great right now.” He added, “I think it’ll happen faster than you think. I sure hope it happens faster than you think!”

Fortus continued, “We’re hoping to get one out very soon,” although it wasn’t clear whether he meant a new song or the whole LP. The band had no plans for any further live dates, he added, and a new tour would depend “on whether or not we have a new record out. That’s why we want to do it, get new stuff out there.”

On the subject of how Rose might approach the new material’s lyrics, he said the frontman had “a lot to write about,” and added that he wasn’t sure about the assertion that the singer’s lifestyle had changed from the excessive ‘80s period. “Has it?” Fortus asked. “How sure are you about this? I don’t know how different it is. He’s a different cat, for sure. I mean, I didn’t know him back then, but he’s a solid dude now.”

Source: ultimateclassicrock.com

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He’s given the same interview for over 20 years, even if it was this year I don’t think it would mean much :D

To be totally fair to Richard, that interview from 2018 was the last time he spoke about new music. He hasn't said anything ever since - maybe he was told to stop (EDIT: only once after that he just repeated what Slash said).

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5GoXSsHbf/?hl=en

New fortus interview i think

tell me if i'm wrong

Members of the Not in This Lifetime lineup of the band, active since 2016, have been cautious about answering questions about a follow-up to 2008’s Chinese Democracy, after that LP’s difficult gestation period meant it was almost impossible for the material to live up to the hype. Frontman Axl Rose recently said, “You never know,” when asked about new music. On the last show of the near-three-year world tour earlier this month, he told fans, “we had to get through this first… we can’t do what’s new until we finish this.”

Asked about Rose’s comments, Fortus told KSHE95, “We’re going to try… try and do another record, get it out soon…” On the subject of its potential high quality, he said, “How could it not be? The band’s so great right now.” He added, “I think it’ll happen faster than you think. I sure hope it happens faster than you think!”

Fortus continued, “We’re hoping to get one out very soon,” although it wasn’t clear whether he meant a new song or the whole LP. The band had no plans for any further live dates, he added, and a new tour would depend “on whether or not we have a new record out. That’s why we want to do it, get new stuff out there.”

On the subject of how Rose might approach the new material’s lyrics, he said the frontman had “a lot to write about,” and added that he wasn’t sure about the assertion that the singer’s lifestyle had changed from the excessive ‘80s period. “Has it?” Fortus asked. “How sure are you about this? I don’t know how different it is. He’s a different cat, for sure. I mean, I didn’t know him back then, but he’s a solid dude now.”

Source: ultimateclassicrock.com

Fortus says there’s a new album coming soon? Now we believe even more!

12 hours ago, Dean said:

Which I still struggle to hear anything remotely worthwhile! It sounds like what it is: a pocket dialled voicemail recording. Aside from “maybe” hearing some Axl screams there is no discernible tune, at least to me.

Still better than nothing though.

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Which I still struggle to hear anything remotely worthwhile! It sounds like what it is: a pocket dialled voicemail recording. Aside from “maybe” hearing some Axl screams there is no discernible tune, at least to me.

Still better than nothing though.

It's poor, but it's no so poor that we can't make anything out. For one, the orchestral instrumental can be heard in the breakdown, and we can hear a short solo followed by some screams. There's enough to think that the actual song might be pretty good.

I keep repeating it but it needs to be said. OMG should most definitely not be re-released as a single. Absurd was known enough for people to rip on it for being a CD outtake. I doubt a song released 23 years ago overdubbed by Duff & Slash will be received much better.

• Like 3