The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, siraddam said:

Does this actually mean anything though? Couldn't it just be showing 'Guns n Roses' because of search results for that song? Does it actually mean that the song is due to be released? Why is it only happening in the UK?

@Blackstar explained before, but whoever is uploading the music for Guns N' Roses  (typically, I'd say the record label, but I believe the record labels licensed the previous two songs to GN'R, so possibly a third party distributor) in each region could upload at different times, although the different regions would likely be in close proximity to one another. Apparently, we found out about "Hard Skool" in a similar manner, and as we know, that turned out to be true. 

It could be that the UK distributor uploaded the information already, even though the release may be a little way away. Again, as Blackstar stated, if other regions start showing the same thing in the next few days/weeks, it would suggest a release is imminent and the U.K. just happened to be the first to upload the info. If nothing else occurs, it could have occurred for some other reason and no song release will occur and you would be correct that it ultimately didn't mean anything. What that other reason would be , I have no idea. 

With any other band, I would take this as almost 100% confirmation that a song will be released within, at the most, a month. This being GN'R, however, I set my expectations realistically at, let's say 25%, and I am only being that optimistic because of the successful MyGNR snooping regarding "Hard Skool". I know people found out Axl registered trademarks for GN'R before in 2014, only to have them expire, so who knows. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

@Blackstar explained before, but whoever is uploading the music for Guns N' Roses  (typically, I'd say the record label, but I believe the record labels licensed the previous two songs to GN'R, so possibly a third party distributor) in each region could upload at different times, although the different regions would likely be in close proximity to one another. Apparently, we found out about "Hard Skool" in a similar manner, and as we know, that turned out to be true.

Actually it was the opposite, GN'R licensed the songs to the label (for distribution, I suppose). But yeah, the bottom line is that that is seems the distribution is done locally, so this detail (whether the distributor is UMG or a third party) doesn't make a difference in what we're discussing here.

Edited by Blackstar

Not sure this is a good indication of something coming out. The band is clearly still "promoting" (in their terms) the EP, and it's doing so in the South American tour for a reason. They could test the waters in the gigs here, but if there's indeed something to release, it would most likely be at the European leg. 

But IF they release State of Grace, I think it's a sign that they indeed heard what the fanbase said about the leaks. People praised this one a lot (IMO, it's nothing special and I still prefer Perhaps and the other instrumentals). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Not sure this is a good indication of something coming out. The band is clearly still "promoting" (in their terms) the EP, and it's doing so in the South American tour for a reason. They could test the waters in the gigs here, but if there's indeed something to release, it would most likely be at the European leg. 

But IF they release State of Grace, I think it's a sign that they indeed heard what the fanbase said about the leaks. People praised this one a lot (IMO, it's nothing special and I still prefer Perhaps and the other instrumentals). 

I don't think there is a song in the leaks that will please everyone. SOG to me sounds like the later half of UYI II (the garden) mixed with some newer (at the time) influences. With a fresh coat of paint and a more commanding vocal performance I think it won't be reviled like Absurd and it won't be as bleh as Hardskool and forgotten about. Lots of factors there to get right but I think it could be a popular song among the fans...100% not touching the pop charts but might get some play on rock radio.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

because slash is  better and he is the guitar player fans want to see and hear.  To say his work is inferior is comical.  

To say Slash's work is inferior to Robin or Buckethead is more than reasonable, with the exception of a matter of taste. Obviously, the Bucket and Robin solos and other guitar work fit the CD era songs way better than Slash's work has, though I do enjoy Slash's work on Absurd, but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

To say Slash's work is inferior to Robin or Buckethead is more than reasonable, with the exception of a matter of taste. Obviously, the Bucket and Robin solos and other guitar work fit the CD era songs way better than Slash's work has, though I do enjoy Slash's work on Absurd, but that's just my opinion. 

In no way is Robin Finck superior to Slash.

Buckethead is an amazing avante garde  guitarist that seems to be able to play anything and has created some epic music.

5 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

It's ok to hear Slash, but it's not ok to hear Slash's attempt at something created by other people and which will surely be worse than the original.

like watching nu-gnr.  painful watching a cover band playing PC, SCOM, etc.  I get it