The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I understand that this doesn't fit with with your bizarre beliefs and hence to you, Bumblefoot must be lying. You are simply rejecting statements as lies to preserve those unfounded beliefs to which you are now become emotionally connected. Like a ball and chain...at open sea. Whatever it takes I suppose. A prime example of confirmation bias and the backfire effect. I, on the other hand, don't labor under such absurd beliefs and have no reason to believe Bumblefoot would offer lies about how many songs he worked on nor their state of completion. 

Yes we know.  You'll continue to believe these now decade old statements, as years and years roll by without any evidence of these songs existing, or any sign of them being released.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe someday you will believe, GN'R has enough material to drop a double, and have for years, if they really wanted to. 

They don't, so it'll never happen.

My belief when it doesn't happen is that they didn't have the material.

Your belief when it doesn't happen is 'they didn't want to'.

End result is the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Yes we know.  You'll continue to believe these now decade old statements, as years and years roll by without any evidence of these songs existing, or any sign of them being released.

End result is the same.

I hope it happens in order to hear new music, but also, just to see what you will say then. I Honestly can't think how would you respond, your head would most likely just implode.

Fingers crossed.

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2021 at 1:47 PM, Tom2112 said:

Or.... he liked them how they were and decided not to tamper with them. 

In one hand it's "Axl spends too much time redoing things, why doesn'the just release it" and the other it's "why didn't he redo his vocal again" how does Axl win in this scenario?

He "wins" by recording a third verse with new lyrics. Or by recording the "hey heys" in the bridge rather than sampling them from another unfinished/unreleased song. Let's stop making excuses for Axl, OK? He clearly wanted nothing to do with the songs. Because if he was motivated enough to get in studio ("Rock the Rock"), he could have. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:48 PM, Naupis said:

If the best this band can attain is "filler rocker" level from the Illusions era I would prefer they just remain a touring outfit that doesn't release music as opposed to sullying the brand.

Bad take. It doesn't "sully" anything to release songs that aren't at the level of their earlier work. It gives fans more to listen to if they so desire. And if you don't like the new songs, cool. Don't listen.

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Bad take. It doesn't "sully" anything to release songs that aren't at the level of their earlier work. It gives fans more to listen to if they so desire. And if you don't like the new songs, cool. Don't listen.

That is what I do.. Choose not to listen.. I would much rather them release something good though.. Something that adds to their legacy instead of watering it down. Enough of the public already consider the band over rated with one good album etc.. I would love them to release something that fans new, old and casual generally love.. Even at their age I belive they could still do that if they tried.. Do I think it will happen? No..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

He "wins" by recording a third verse with new lyrics. Or by recording the "hey heys" in the bridge rather than sampling them from another unfinished/unreleased song. Let's stop making excuses for Axl, OK? He clearly wanted nothing to do with the songs. Because if he was motivated enough to get in studio ("Rock the Rock"), he could have.

Axl clearly didn't want anything to do with the songs. That's why he chose to release the songs. He should have been motivated enough to enter a studio so he could've recorded something that you think is better and would like more.

The fact that you think Absurd requires a third verse and don't approve of copy/pasting from an unreleased track that you were not supposed to hear and Axl never released is a clear indication that Axl didn't care enough cause he must not like it either.

artistic choice. It's a thing. Axl wanted to release Absurd since 2013 and has made changes to the song. He had to care about it imo or see its potential and I'm glad he did cause it rocks. I like the Eye On You chanting behind Slash's guitar in the HS bridge as well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is what I do.. Choose not to listen.. I would much rather them release something good though.. Something that adds to their legacy instead of watering it down. Enough of the public already consider the band over rated with one good album etc.. I would love them to release something that fans new, old and casual generally love.. Even at their age I belive they could still do that if they tried.. Do I think it will happen? No..

Err, Hard Skool seems to be well loved by all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, batatadoce said:

I hope it happens in order to hear new music, but also, just to see what you will say then. I Honestly can't think how would you respond, your head would most likely just implode.

Fingers crossed.

Don't worry, it won't happen.

No concern here!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Err, Hard Skool seems to be well loved by all. 

I can't tell if this is sarcastic, lol. It's not bad, but it certainly didn't excite the fanbase on any significant level, beyond maybe the first week after its release. I haven't heard it on the radio since it was released. It's not "hated" on the level that Absurd or My World are, of course, but is it really "loved by all"? It's passable but it didn't have much impact overall, or at least, it didn't get the numbers you'd expect from the Axl/Slash reunion single.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I can't tell if this is sarcastic, lol. It's not bad, but it certainly didn't excite the fanbase on any significant level, beyond maybe the first week after its release. I haven't heard it on the radio since it was released. It's not "hated" on the level that Absurd or My World are, of course, but is it really "loved by all"? It's passable but it didn't have much impact overall, or at least, it didn't get the numbers you'd expect from the Axl/Slash reunion single.

I think people are just pleasantly surprised that it's it actually a decent enough listen.

The overall batch of songs wasn't big, and contained Riad, Scraped, Atlas, Silkworms, OMG, Cather and If the World - so it's come as a shock to a lot of people that they had an average song left in their locker.

They have one more decent song left - "Perhaps".

Hope they use it wisely!

Edited by Pele

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I listened to it a few times the weekend it came out but I haven't heard it anywhere since.  I have a pretty good amount of Guns fans and casual fans in my circle of friends, family and aquaintances and aside from one friend who likes it,  I really haven't seen any excitement or really any reaction to it at all... It seemed like Absurd got much more attention and it wasn't good attention. I have honestly heard more positive feedback over the new Slash song than either of those.. I just can't see pieced together CD leftovers making much of an impact on anyone besides people that were fans of NuGnR for the most part.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Marketing in the music industry isn't done the same way as it was years ago.

Ha what possesses people to make stupid excuses like this? Who are you protecting?  Technology advances and platforms change but the general concept of marketing doesn’t change. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pele said:

End result is the same.

I wish someone would leak the 1997-2007 sessions (almost 3 albums of material) so we wouldn't have to listen to your bullshit.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think people are just pleasantly surprised that it's it actually a decent enough listen.

The overall batch of songs wasn't big, and contained Riad, Scraped, Atlas, Silkworms, OMG, Cather and If the World - so it's come as a shock to a lot of people that they had an average song left in their locker.

They have one more decent song left - "Perhaps".

Hope they use it wisely!

Why does Zodiac say "no vox" on the Village disc? It's the only instrumental with that note, and even if the vocals were like Quick Song, at least it was worked on beyond just being an instrumental. There's songs like Sorry and Better in the Village leaks that were obviously worked on later, plus stuff like The General or Soul Monster. We'd never heard of songs like Perhaps or State Of Grace before they leaked, we have no idea what's left in the vault.

Perhaps would be a good song for this lineup but it needs a 2nd verse. OMG and ITW are good songs too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl clearly didn't want anything to do with the songs. That's why he chose to release the songs. He should have been motivated enough to enter a studio so he could've recorded something that you think is better and would like more.

The fact that you think Absurd requires a third verse and don't approve of copy/pasting from an unreleased track that you were not supposed to hear and Axl never released is a clear indication that Axl didn't care enough cause he must not like it either.

artistic choice. It's a thing. Axl wanted to release Absurd since 2013 and has made changes to the song. He had to care about it imo or see its potential and I'm glad he did cause it rocks. I like the Eye On You chanting behind Slash's guitar in the HS bridge as well.

I was responding to someone saying it was a lose-lose situation for Axl whether he recorded some new vocals or not. I wasn't giving my opinion on what I thought would make a song better. I was giving my opinion on why Axl seems to have lost all motivation for hitting the recording studio. I'm not one of those people who thinks he should have re-recorded perfectly good vocals for "Hard Skool." But if they added the bridge, why couldn't he record some "hey, heys" rather than sampling another song? Or, hey, maybe that part of the song already existed prior to Slash/Duff recording on it. They never talk about anything as a band, so we'll never get insight on it.

I wasn't referring to "Absurd" and a third verse. I was talking about "Hard Skool." I like "Absurd" as is.

4 hours ago, batatadoce said:

Fingers crossed.

I've made a bet with him. He has promised to pay me 5000$ if that happens, so there's that. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I was responding to someone saying it was a lose-lose situation for Axl whether he recorded some new vocals or not. I wasn't giving my opinion on what I thought would make a song better. I was giving my opinion on why Axl seems to have lost all motivation for hitting the recording studio. I'm not one of those people who thinks he should have re-recorded perfectly good vocals for "Hard Skool." But if they added the bridge, why couldn't he record some "hey, heys" rather than sampling another song? Or, hey, maybe that part of the song already existed prior to Slash/Duff recording on it. They never talk about anything as a band, so we'll never get insight on it.

I wasn't referring to "Absurd" and a third verse. I was talking about "Hard Skool." I like "Absurd" as is.

I don't think he should have re-recorded over usable vocals either, but that's not the issue.

People are acting like it's pure coincidence.

There were 4 songs left that we've heard with completed vocal, and according to some here, 3 albums (or 30 songs) of unheard.

And what are the odds?

The 2 songs released come from the 4, and not the other mythical 30+

The scary thing is - imagine the quality of the other 30 if Silkworms was preferred!  It's probably better that they don't exist!

The brief was clear.  "Make me 2 songs out of what I have left".

the thing is we didn't even know about these songs a few years ago, and they existed for a really long time and we didn't know about them, we didn't know anything about Eye on You, Perhaps, State of Grace... etc.

What I mean is that is very likely that there are many things we don't know about, we're just fans not insiders so it makes sense we don't know everything the band records or does.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think he should have re-recorded over usable vocals either, but that's not the issue.

People are acting like it's pure coincidence.

There were 4 songs left that we've heard with completed vocal, and according to some here, 3 albums (or 30 songs) of unheard.

And what are the odds?

The 2 songs released come from the 4, and not the other mythical 30+

The scary thing is - imagine the quality of the other 30 if Silkworms was preferred!  It's probably better that they don't exist!

The brief was clear.  "Make me 2 songs out of what I have left".

Is that what you think Pele? 

29 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Is that what you think Pele? 

Of course.

It's clear there are not 30+ songs and it was just pure co-incidence that the two released were out of the 4 that we've heard with full, usable vocal.

It should be obvious to anyone with a brain that he had to submit some new material, so he got his producer/employees to make him two 'new' songs out of existing material.

4 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Ha what possesses people to make stupid excuses like this? Who are you protecting?  Technology advances and platforms change but the general concept of marketing doesn’t change. 

What?  Of course it does. Lots of today's biggest artists drop surprise albums onto streaming services without prior marketing.  They let the actual album market itself.  

That wasn't a thing back in 1991.  

From Taylor Swift to Eminem to Missy Elliott to Beyonce to Radiohead.  You don't need a 4 month wait with radio interviews and late night performances to promote an album anymore. This has been proven over the last decade by some or the biggest names in music.

Marketing in the music industry today is way different man.

Edited by Bitchisback
  • ABSUЯD 1

Re: Bumblefoot stating there’s a lot of material that’s 80-85% finished.

Can someone post the exact quote? Because it sounds to me like that extra 15-20% that was yet to be finished is Axl’s vocal.

In which case, Bumble’s take probably only confirms what I believe: the usable vocals remaining are the ones we’ve heard. Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace.

And that ain’t good.