The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Because he has (perish the thought) a marketing plan to promote it between now and February. 

We should drink the Kool Aid at Page 999.......

Marketing in the music industry isn't done the same way as it was years ago.

Limp Bizkit just announced they have their first album in 10 years coming out tomorrow on a Sunday and it surely will be bigger than Slash's new album. 

Guns could shadow drop an album any time they want and judging by how absurd and hard skool was released that's probably what we can expect.  

• Like 1

There was a discussion here earlier about how many songs could be finished, and I just read an interview from Bumblefoot where he commented on how many songs he worked on after joining the band in 2006-2007. In this interview he mentioned that he added guitar tracks to about 40 songs and that they were 80% finished recording-wise. In another interview he said they were about 85% finished and that some of them needed additional drum work from Frank. If we substract the songs on CD, that still gives us about 30 additional songs that we must assume was more or less finished by 2007. One of these was definitely Atlas (because Bumblefoot has talked about how it almost ended up on the record), and two others were very likely Hard Skool and Absurd. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There was a discussion here earlier about how many songs could be finished, and I just read an interview from Bumblefoot where he commented on how many songs he worked on after joining the band in 2006-2007. In this interview he mentioned that he added guitar tracks to about 40 songs and that they were 80% finished recording-wise. In another interview he said they were about 85% finished and that some of them needed additional drum work from Frank. If we substract the songs on CD, that still gives us about 30 additional songs that we must assume was more or less finished by 2007. One of these was definitely Atlas (because Bumblefoot has talked about how it almost ended up on the record), and two others were very likely Hard Skool and Absurd. 

would be interesting to read these interviews. Chinese plus 30 additional tunes= the trilogy is real! one thing that is encouraging to me is that Slash, Duff, and Dizzy said that Axl has a lot of material and I believe what DJ said about Axl playing him brand new compositions on the piano in hotel rooms during the tour and that he thought it was great shit and thought people needed to hear it.

This means Axl didn't stop writing (at least not while DJ was still in the band) and even unfinished ideas could be completed by Slash and Duff now if Axl is interested in recording new vocals. I think he's still capable of doing it.

a lot of time has passed since Bumble recorded his guitars so there is probably enough quality tunes for the rest of the lifespan of the band if they complete all the tunes that have potential so I don't think they'll get stuck again like after UYI, trying to find a musical direction that works.

12 hours ago, siraddam said:

I'm good - just thinking about the fact the Slash's album isn't out until February. Why not release it now as he says it's all done? Maybe there is gonna be a Guns release before then and he doesn't want to clash. 

It's because of the tour shedule

55 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Mother should I switch to a different band?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put out music soon?
Oooh aaaah, what a stupid, naive goon 

… mother’s gonna put out Absurd & Hard Skool…

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Marketing in the music industry isn't done the same way as it was years ago.

Limp Bizkit just announced they have their first album in 10 years coming out tomorrow on a Sunday and it surely will be bigger than Slash's new album. 

Guns could shadow drop an album any time they want and judging by how absurd and hard skool was released that's probably what we can expect.  

Sure. But I was responding to a question as to why Slash has announced an album for release in February. The answer is really- the same reason most musical acts announce an album in advance. 

I'm astonished Limp Bizkit are still releasing new music!  I hope I never have to hear it. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Jesus - stop believing this crap.

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

would be interesting to read these interviews. Chinese plus 30 additional tunes= the trilogy is real! one thing that is encouraging to me is that Slash, Duff, and Dizzy said that Axl has a lot of material and I believe what DJ said about Axl playing him brand new compositions on the piano in hotel rooms during the tour and that he thought it was great shit and thought people needed to hear it.

This means Axl didn't stop writing (at least not while DJ was still in the band) and even unfinished ideas could be completed by Slash and Duff now if Axl is interested in recording new vocals. I think he's still capable of doing it.

a lot of time has passed since Bumble recorded his guitars so there is probably enough quality tunes for the rest of the lifespan of the band if they complete all the tunes that have potential so I don't think they'll get stuck again like after UYI, trying to find a musical direction that works.

30 additional songs - yet everything ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes back to the ones that he's done a vocal on in the old sessions.

Bumblefoot talks about 30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the one he mentions by name is Atlas Shrugged.

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the first one they release is Silkworms

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the second one they release is HardSkool

We'll be saying the same crap in a years time

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the next one they release is Atlas Shrugged

Absolute LOL to anyone who actually believes these songs exist at this point.

I'm sure there are endless instrumentals submitted over the years from ex-employees.  But that's it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

30 additional songs - yet everything ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes back to the ones that he's done a vocal on in the old sessions.

Bumblefoot talks about 30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the one he mentions by name is Atlas Shrugged.

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the first one they release is Silkworms

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the second one they release is HardSkool

30 additional songs, it's just coincidence the next one they release is Atlas Shrugged

I'm sure there are endless instrumentals submitted over the years from ex-employees.  But that's it.

no, you're mistaken. Bumble doesn't seem to be the type to lie about such things. Pretty sure we're getting at least 1 more album sooner or later. It's been more than a decade since Bumble made that comment about 30 additional tunes. There is probably much more material to work with and release.

my guess is we'll get an album's worth of material in the next 2 years. Absurd and HS  are just a taste of what's to come imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pele said:

You are a breath of fresh air, never stop never stopping.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Pele said:

Jesus - stop believing this crap.

I understand that this doesn't fit with with your bizarre beliefs and hence to you, Bumblefoot must be lying. You are simply rejecting statements as lies to preserve those unfounded beliefs to which you are now become emotionally connected. Like a ball and chain...at open sea. Whatever it takes I suppose. A prime example of confirmation bias and the backfire effect. I, on the other hand, don't labor under such absurd beliefs and have no reason to believe Bumblefoot would offer lies about how many songs he worked on nor their state of completion. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’m not sure we’ll get an album. I think any new music will take the form of further singles/EP’s and then maybe, just maybe, they’ll be compiled together on a record further down the line

That would be pretty much Alan Niven's strategy. He wished the band had done the same for CD. Never release an album just release individual songs now and then to sustain touring.