The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 hours ago, Pele said:

I did.

He lied.

Or more likely, Rose lied and told him he was busy recording vocals.

Either way - Slash has told us they are releasing the songs Axl had.  

So we're gonna see if I'm right or not.

Ok, cool. Just wanted to verify that you weren't going to have a serious conversation about this. Looks like that is the case. I tried indulging you for a while, but enough is enough. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's all so fucked up. :D

Think about it, we're trying to guess if fucking Slash can somehow motivate himself to come up with some guitar parts that won't suck too much in comparison to what his replacements laid down 20 years ago.

On Axl's at best mediocre Chinese leftovers.

After 5+ years into the "reunion".

As the new and probably last Guns N' Roses album.

Damn, man...real talk right there, Guapo.  Sh*t is in a pitiful state.  Wish they would drop these 6 or 7 jams, whatever's left in the can, so we could see what we've got.

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's all so fucked up. :D

Think about it, we're trying to guess if fucking Slash can somehow motivate himself to come up with some guitar parts that won't suck too much in comparison to what his replacements laid down 20 years ago.

On Axl's at best mediocre Chinese leftovers.

After 5+ years into the "reunion".

As the new and probably last Guns N' Roses album.

if you don like the band just listen other music don t bring your lazy negative thoughts here to bring all the people down 

10 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

if you don like the band just listen other music don t bring your lazy negative thoughts here to bring all the people down 

Make a list of the opinions you're comfortable allowing users to express here and pin it.  Maybe Cuban can write it.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Make a list of the opinions you're comfortable allowing users to express here and pin it.  Maybe Cuban can write it.

just saying man, we all know the band is old, but is  my favorite band and help me out in dark times, now they old and we talk shit? i don t like it, maybe is you r opinion and is fine, but hell why be so definitive with it?  why the album is gonna be shit? hardschool was epic 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is not true that the unreleased material is "mediocre at best". 

For the most part, no one, or few of us here even knows seeing how the general public has never heard The General, Soul Monster, Seven, Berlin, etc.

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I was just trying to pass on some good news for a change

I don't know about that!  You left laughing reactions on every one of his posts, so I figured you were slagging him off a little ironically while actually enjoying them.

I know I did.  Annoying as hell, sure, but, at least he was a character. 

Everyone's post count is going to crater now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No ones stopping you from listening to the village version for the rest of your life. Them not even trying is worse to me, if they don't even try we'd never know how good it would be. If it's not as good as the earlier one we'll just keep doing what we're doing now listening to the village version, where's the problem.

That's why I said "kinda want". It's a totally selfish reason: I don't want that the song gets a proper mix and release with any other form because I like the demo that much. And I'm also afraid of my own bias to dislike anything else that Slash could come up with. Surely I understand that it's ultimately GNR decision and that I could very well change my mind.

But my point was that the song itself may suffer because it could make it worse, you know? I'm pretty sure Slash could also play an epic solo there, maybe even a bit longer. I just don't think he wants it.

4 hours ago, oneway23 said:

It's sort of important to me that a song has the energy and ideas of the people who wrote the song.  I think that's why Bumblefoot's presence on CD bugs me as much as it does.  Not his fault, love his solo CDs, great guy, but, you know what I mean?  The songs need the vibe that Robin/Bucket brought to all of that stuff.  Both of their styles were so unique on those songs.

Slash is a unique player, too, amazing player, but, no matter how hard he tries, he won't be able to top something that was there when the song was new and fresh, ya' know?  Curious to see how the songs turn out.

Do you prefer Catcher in the Rye with Brian May then? Because that was also not someone who wrote the song.

I see your point though. Especially considering how old the original recording is. It's just a totally different interpretation of the soundscape, from a different POV detached from the original mindset.

17 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

And Pele reverts to again lie about me believing in specific songs being finished. Except for Soul Monster, I have never said that I specifically believe any of these to have vocals today. So maybe find some other default response next time? 

Right ok,  You think songs exist.  You don't know what they are.  You don't know if they'll be released.  Even if they release Atlas/Perhaps as "the songs Axl had", you'll still believe the other songs existed.

Right.

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

This is called jumping the shark. You can have whatever theories you want and repeat the same song titles and the same assertions ad nauseam in each post, but saying that the artist himself "lied" in such a nonsensical, unimportant detail when something doesn’t fit your agenda is just beyond ridiculous. You’ve basically played yourself. This is an equivalent of covering your ears and going la la la. No point in communicating with you at all. 
Yeah, Axl lied to his bandmates about this, because that totally makes sense. Identical with what Cuban Dummy said about the lyrics of Shackler’s Revenge. He’d definitely lie about something like that. And there’s no possibility that since Tommy and the guys were literally people in the know, they could just, well, know. Maybe because they were sometimes present in the studio or in contact with Axl. I wish they'd read these posts here. Forget it. It doesn’t agree with your claims, so he just plain lied. You’re the one who’s right here. And if the next song they release is Atlas or whatever, it will totally corroborate every single assertion you (and Dummy) have made. Congrats. Axl lies about his songs to everyone, always has! :headbang:

Ok, he told the truth.  He's recorded loads of vocals for all different songs.

Slash says the songs Axl had are what's coming next.

I guess you think we're gonna hear new stuff?

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes there's no reason to argue his theories. The entire existence of Scraped invalidates Peles points. If it wouldn't have been included on CD it would be on none of his lists as a potential song with vocals. When I pointed this out to him, the response was "We'll see". No shit we'll see, because we don't know what else never came out until we see. It's just one more point that invalidates his whole narrative but no matter how good of a counterpoint you make it won't be accepted lol.:lol:

Absolute LOL that you think that him having very little material left is a 'theory' at this point.

Lets wait and see what the next songs are.

2 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Ok, cool. Just wanted to verify that you weren't going to have a serious conversation about this. Looks like that is the case. I tried indulging you for a while, but enough is enough. 

I am serious.

It's my belief that Rose told bandmates he would continue to develop their instrumentals and record vocals.

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

Right ok,  You think songs exist.  You don't know what they are.  You don't know if they'll be released.  Even if they release Atlas/Perhaps as "the songs Axl had", you'll still believe the other songs existed.

Right.

You are finally catching up. I am almost impressed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

As do 90% or more of us here. :)

Yeah, crazy isn't it!  Believing in fairytales when the reality has been presented to you.

I'll say it again.

I've been saying for years he has nothing left (completed and usable vocal) except Perhaps, Atlas and The General.

You've been saying I'm wrong.

Slash has very helpfully stated they are going to release the songs Axl had  left over.

They are going to be Perhaps, Atlas and maybe The General - AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

Bookmark it.  Print it out and hang it above your monitor.

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Ok, he told the truth.  He's recorded loads of vocals for all different songs.

Slash says the songs Axl had are what's coming next.

I guess you think we're gonna hear new stuff?

Nice argumentation, as usual. Again, explain how Scraped fits your theories:

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes there's no reason to argue his theories. The entire existence of Scraped invalidates Peles points. If it wouldn't have been included on CD it would be on none of his lists as a potential song with vocals. When I pointed this out to him, the response was "We'll see". No shit we'll see, because we don't know what else never came out until we see. It's just one more point that invalidates his whole narrative but no matter how good of a counterpoint you make it won't be accepted lol.:lol:

Oh wait, you can't. No comments made, and one wonders why.

Here's a little hint: because it contradicts them completely. I'm done with your BS.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are finally catching up. I am almost impressed. 

Imagine white knighting Axl Rose because someone is saying he didn't record songs - whilst Rose refuses to let you hear his vocals :lol:

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Nice argumentation, as usual. Again, explain how Scraped fits your theories:

Oh wait, you can't. No comments made, and one wonders why.

Here's a little hint: because it contradicts them completely. I'm done with your BS.

How Scraped fits what theory?