The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

So does Pele believe Axl hasn’t written any lyrics since 99? Or that he hasn’t recorded vocals since 99 or both?

If Axl recorded new vocals in front of Pele today, Pele would believe that he time traveled to 1999 to witness such an event.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

If Axl recorded new vocals in front of Pele today, Pele would believe that he time traveled to 1999 to witness such an event.

First of all, why do I have the feeling you know more than you let on? Anyway..

Pele isn’t stupid for thinking what he thinks. It’s a possibility for sure. I’m not going to pile on. Just some thoughts. 

Let’s be real about Axl’s lyrics. They aren’t always prolific. (See Absurd, Nightrain, Back off Bitch etc). It would not be hard for him to write new lyrics. 

As far as recording vocals. Of course we know he’s recorded vocals after 99. Better, Scraped, Rock the Rock, etc. He has a recording studio in his home on top of it.

That is why I’m of the belief that he has more than Atlas, Perhaps, General, etc.

55 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

First of all, why do I have the feeling you know more than you let on?

That user has previously implied that they have heard things and know things, only to go back on it when people bring it up, so best not to take it too seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

That user has previously implied that they have heard things and know things, only to go back on it when people bring it up, so best not to take it too seriously. 

Exactly this.

He's implied he has heard unreleased material - including Zodiac with vocals.

I can categorically tell you I believe he hasn't heard that song with vocals.

17 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Careful there, you don't wanna summon Mr. Vocals-99

It's a well constructed post and not an unreasonable belief, just as he acknowledges I might be right.

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

First of all, why do I have the feeling you know more than you let on? Anyway..

Pele isn’t stupid for thinking what he thinks. It’s a possibility for sure. I’m not going to pile on. Just some thoughts. 

Let’s be real about Axl’s lyrics. They aren’t always prolific. (See Absurd, Nightrain, Back off Bitch etc). It would not be hard for him to write new lyrics. 

As far as recording vocals. Of course we know he’s recorded vocals after 99. Better, Scraped, Rock the Rock, etc. He has a recording studio in his home on top of it.

That is why I’m of the belief that he has more than Atlas, Perhaps, General, etc.

Axl record with Sebastian Bach around 2006 on 3 songs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

He hasn't really. In the mid-2000s there were legit "hoarders" or whatever people want to call them on the boards, who worked for Universal, and had songs and info. I'm thinking of one person specifically, who I think has unfortunately passed away. All Sweersa has done is reiterate some of their info.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He hasn't really. In the mid-2000s there were legit "hoarders" or whatever people want to call them on the boards, who worked for Universal, and had songs and info. I'm thinking of one person specifically, who I think has unfortunately passed away. All Sweersa has done is reiterate some of their info.

That may be the case but he definitely implied he had heard unreleased material, seems he likes to vaguely suggest stuff like that for a laugh and then pretend he hasn't when it's brought up. 

8 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

That may be the case but he definitely implied he had heard unreleased material, seems he likes to vaguely suggest stuff like that for a laugh and then pretend he hasn't when it's brought up. 

I've seen him mention Zodiac for example, but I don't think I've ever seen him say that he's heard it. I could be wrong on that though. But, his source for Zodiac having vocals was 100% more reliable than Pele (or any other random user) claiming the song doesn't have vocals. Not that I think we're gonna hear those vocals, so it doesn't really matter anyway... :shrugs:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

54 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

What does he have for breakfast?

Does he sing in the shower, or last time was 99?

You realize how stupid you sound? There's no way you can state such things as facts.

Of course I can state that as fact.

I just did.

Rose wrote lyrics and recorded vocals after 1999.

That is fact.

51 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

He definitely implied he heard Zodiac, and said it was 'angry'.

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've seen him mention Zodiac for example, but I don't think I've ever seen him say that he's heard it. I could be wrong on that though. But, his source for Zodiac having vocals was 100% more reliable than Pele (or any other random user) claiming the song doesn't have vocals. Not that I think we're gonna hear those vocals, so it doesn't really matter anyway... :shrugs:

If his 'source' is saying he has Zodiac with vocals, then he certainly isn't 'reliable'.

The only thing correct about your post is your prediction of not hearing those vocals.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

He's certainly not the first to say that, though.

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

If his 'source' is saying he has Zodiac with vocals, then he certainly isn't 'reliable'.

The only thing correct about your post is your prediction of not hearing those vocals.

The version on the Village discs says "no vox", implying there were at least scratch vocals in '99-2000. Of all the songs he finished between 2002-2008, why wouldn't that be one of them? Nothing and Quick Song were likely finished too... doesn't mean we're gonna hear them, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pele said:

Of course I can state that as fact.

I just did.

Rose wrote lyrics and recorded vocals after 1999.

That is fact.

If I can mention Rick here, he has said to have heard zodiac 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

He certainly does. A lot more. Some would be surprised. 

Because there isn’t much else to talk about….(and as a caveat for everyone….this would just be hearsay/rumour so don’t get all pissy about it - believe it or don’t)……what have you heard is ‘out there’? I’m not asking if you yourself have actually HEARD the stuff…but anything hoarders/people might claim to have you would trust. I know you were ‘called out’ earlier…Im just looking for any tidbits…..like Zodiac 13 with vocals does exist etc!

Just for the hell of it as nothing else really to talk about. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80