The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with getting it if you want it. But we all know that the material isn't that good so if the buying decision was just based on the song quality I don't think many would be interested. I think the majority are like you and they just want to complete the collection. Not shaming anybody😄 

In my mind, this is a trick  You order this, but they send you the new CD and we are the 1st to get it  :-)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Ok, I'm a scientist with sense of honor and word.

So, forget it. No lists for you.

Here is the ultimate list with info for the 32 songs for the "Chinese Democracy" sessions:

That’s got to be the shortest resolution in human history 

Edited by gavgnr

4 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Well I have to disagree with you on your opinion of the ChiDems tracks because I don't find any of them mediocre especially not terrible .. ChiDem is my favorite album of all time and I think it's a masterpiece through and through .. Just my opinion though

Yeah, I'd respectfully disagree.

I'm talking about his overall collection of songs.

His previous stand out work obviously set a high bar - and I'd consider Chinese Democracy, Shacklers Revenge, Prostitute, HardSkool, Perhaps and IRS pretty average in comparison to the high points.

I 'd consider Atlas, Catcher, If The World, Scraped, Riad and Silkworms poor by anyone's standard.

Considering that's the vast majority of what he's completed in the last 30 years, it's a pretty bad return for someone so well regarded among us, and it makes it strange he thought State of Grace was surplus to requirements.

Obviously we'll all have our favorites, and opinions, and people's picks will vary, but I can never get on board with someone thinking an album that contains Catcher, Scraped, Riad and If The World to be 'a masterpiece through and through'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Yeah, I'd respectfully disagree.

I'm talking about his overall collection of songs.

His previous stand out work obviously set a high bar - and I'd consider Chinese Democracy, Shacklers Revenge, Prostitute, HardSkool, Perhaps and IRS pretty average in comparison to the high points.

I 'd consider Atlas, Catcher, If The World, Scraped, Riad and Silkworms poor by anyone's standard.

Considering that's the vast majority of what he's completed in the last 30 years, it's a pretty bad return for someone so well regarded among us, and it makes it strange he thought State of Grace was surplus to requirements.

Obviously we'll all have our favorites, and opinions, and people's picks will vary, but I can never get on board with someone thinking an album that contains Catcher, Scraped, Riad and If The World to be 'a masterpiece through and through'.

Well it's a good thing I don't expect you or even want you to get on board! It's how I feel about those songs ... I personally find If The World to be one of Axl's greatest vocal performances 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Well it's a good thing I don't expect you or even want you to get on board! It's how I feel about those songs ... I personally find If The World to be one of Axl's greatest vocal performances 

Can't knock the performance, but surely the lyrics are some of his worst.

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Scrapped. Rhiad. If The World. Are three of my favourites from the album.  Agree his vox on If The World are great. 

CD, Better, and IRS I like too. Prostitute is great. 

The slower numbers don't really do it for me. Street of Dreams, Catcher (makes me cringe), This I Love etc. Totally get why ppl dig them though, just not for me. They're the more boring generic listening experience to my ears. 

All up its a good record that tbh I've not listened to in aaaaaages. But it warrants plenty of relistens and keeps on giving when you do go back. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

All cards on the table, the insider thing doesn't truly bother me in the traditional sense. 

We all know there's no such thing as a genuine GN'R insider because members of the band itself have no idea what's going on, so how could anyone else?

It's just annoying that we always have to deal with people running the same tired insider bit because they're desperate for attention for whatever reason. 

They are attention whores, who didn't get enough love by mummy and daddy. Plain and simple...

On 1/27/2022 at 6:50 PM, oneway23 said:

Pele, you put Prostitute & Catcher in that mediocre pile again, and we're gonna have a real problem.

I can accept Catcher because it is a bit of missed opportunity... I do enjoy parts of it though. Prostitute on the other hand is an unquestionable belter!

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I can accept Catcher because it is a bit of missed opportunity... I do enjoy parts of it though. Prostitute on the other hand is an unquestionable belter!

To be fair, Catcher w/ the May solo on the demo was infinitely better than whatever Bumblefoot sharted out on the official album.

If we're talking about that one, I'm less inclined to defend it.

Prostitute?  GN'R classic

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

To be fair, Catcher w/ the May solo on the demo was infinitely better than whatever Bumblefoot sharted out on the official album.

If we're talking about that one, I'm less inclined to defend it.

Prostitute?  GN'R classic

I see you over there in the corner laughing, you, @CubanSkies Dummy

You had better be laughing at my usage of the word "sharted" and not at the irrefutable fact that "Prostitute" is a full-blooded GN'R classic.

• Sad 1

Regarding Catcher, to me the problem is not just the solo, it's also that additional guitar in the intro, I can't stand it. Overall, I like the song. It's the only one from Chinese where I prefer the demo version over the released one (unpopular opinion, as many seems to prefer the demos generally speaking, but still).