The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Axl came on this forum and talked about recording the vocals for Soul Monster. Did he just make that up lol? Chinese Democracy had 2 parts. Multiple people have heard the second part and have talked about it publicly. Axl wanted the second part out for 2010 European tour. The label did not want to do it. He went on Twitter and canceled the tour via his personal account and then reneged (probably bc he would have been sued for millions) the idea that only 3-4 more songs have completed vocals is ridiculous. It’s most likely 8-12 more tracks. 

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

Axl came on this forum and talked about recording the vocals for Soul Monster. Did he just make that up lol? Chinese Democracy had 2 parts. Multiple people have heard the second part and have talked about it publicly. Axl wanted the second part out for 2010 European tour. The label did not want to do it. He went on Twitter and canceled the tour via his personal account and then reneged (probably bc he would have been sued for millions) the idea that only 3-4 more songs have completed vocals is ridiculous. It’s most likely 8-12 more tracks. 

Good post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

So...anybody in the GnR camp still cares about the hardcore fans anymore they would NOT release any of the leaks (with  vocals) next, right? If they came out next with something unheard, a big gun, that would make sense in every way, right?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That's the most entertaining thing about GnR these days - to see if Pele is right or not, oh boy! :D

After months of this (nonsense) I am going to comment for the first time. It doesn't matter if he's right or not. It's a fruitless dicussion. Even if his predictions come true, he is not proven right. His predictions aren't valid hypothesis to prove a theory (something like 'Rose is bancrupt concerning creativity', I guess).  Whatever.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

We’re nearly at 600 pages of Nothing. Not even the song though. No album. Crumbs of news.

I posted a few decades ago (it feels like) that this thread should be devoted to Marillion because there’s a lot of Clutching At Straws…

but we did get something and Slash gave an update. Last time he did that, the plans became reality, they seem to have found their preferred way of releasing a full album eventually but first releasing individual tunes and it seems like Axl likes to release shit while he's on tour. Could be worse, I actually think it's going to be a good year for Gn'R, relatively speaking if plans don't get fucked from Covid.

15 hours ago, Pele said:

Well, I've been saying all Axl has completed (vocals wise) is Perhaps, Atlas and The General.

Slash has made things a bit clearer.  He's explicitly stated they have not written anything new and instead going to release the songs Axl had.

If they release the exact 3 (and nothing else) as I've been saying all along, I think most will accept I'm right.

If they deviate from the list, I'll have been wrong.

There are a few who are too far gone, and will watch them release Atlas/Perhaps/General and nothing else - and still believe their little prince wrote and recorded a load of other songs and continue to defend his honor.  Most will accept reality (if they release exactly what I've been saying)

So you admit that right now what you're saying is fantasy? I mean it has to be, if reality in your words is achieved by them releasing the 3 songs you mentioned and nothing more, then everything before that is fiction? 

I have already posted this in the thread with the Classic Rock Slash interview, but thought I should post it here, too.

From a new Slash interview (it's in the Daily Star, so make what you will):

And a long-mooted GN’R LP could also be on the way: “There will be more surprises soon.”

(Also talks about the tour)

https://www.a-4-d.com/t6795-2022-01-26-daily-star-covid-tour-was-slash-learn-slash

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Yes. 

I'm a scientist. Methinks that "internet trolls" are just desperate people. Young (or even old) people starring quiet in the stairs of life.

Just you need to know WHEN and WHERE to look for help, @Pele. It's not a easy task to start, that's right. 

But once you have started... How do you stop? If you already started.

That's the thing, my bud.

Internet (or MyGnrForum), can be such a nice place, a perfect escape...

... But, once you turn down the screen, the reality is waiting for you, out there.

Bless you soul, dear friend.

Erm, not sure how to take this.

You went from fabricating a list of song titles and going as far as to 'review' these songs - to saying I'm totally right and the only other songs are General/Atlas and Perhaps.

• ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Maybe we should place a bet. If we reach 1000 pages without any new song released than........idk Pele can have badge I told you so or ....

It doesn't even need to be that!

Slash has laid out the plans.

He has said they are going to release the songs Axl has.

If they are Atlas/Perhaps/General and nothing more - most will likely concede I was right.

If it's Elvis/Soulmonster/Zodiac/Seven etc etc - clearly I was wrong.

We'll all know soon enough

3 hours ago, lilacmess said:

After months of this (nonsense) I am going to comment for the first time. It doesn't matter if he's right or not. It's a fruitless dicussion. Even if his predictions come true, he is not proven right. His predictions aren't valid hypothesis to prove a theory (something like 'Rose is bancrupt concerning creativity', I guess).  Whatever.

And there is the Stockolm Syndrome level issue.

We know Rose has completed Silkworms/HardSkool/Atlas/Perhaps/General.

I've been telling everyone I think he has completed nothing else (fully).

I've been told I'm wrong countless times.

Now Slash has kindly announced they are gonna release the songs Axl has finished vocals for.

I explicitly state I believe they will be Atlas/Perhaps/General.

The same people are now saying even if they release Atlas/Perhaps/General, and absolutely nothing else, they'll still believe in all of these imaginary songs.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

So you admit that right now what you're saying is fantasy? I mean it has to be, if reality in your words is achieved by them releasing the 3 songs you mentioned and nothing more, then everything before that is fiction? 

I've always said I'm not claiming to be an insider.

Yes - if they release full songs that aren't Atlas/Perhaps/General, then obviously I was completely wrong, I'll apologize to everyone and stop posting.

Do you actually think that's going to happen?

Because despite everyone telling me I'm wrong, nobody is actually saying outright they believe they are going to release these songs (that aren't Atlas/Perhaps/General)

SoulMonster admitted he'd be surprised if they released Atlas/Perhaps/General and nothing else, so that's something.

What about you?

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How sad and boring does your life have to be if you need to constantly claim on an online Forum, how right you are about stuff? It's so pathetic

How about you?

Your sig. is literally 'Fuck Team Brazil. Fuck Fernando', yet you feel the need to white knight your little prince from the bad man who says he hasn't recorded all the songs he said he was going to.

Are you brave enough to say I'm wrong - and the upcoming releases will be unheard songs?

What if they turn out to be exactly what I say?

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

After more singles and/or the new album drops, which will undoubtfully contain new songs and vocals previously unheard, Pele will say they are from 1999 or 2022 (or whenever the damn thing gets released).

Pele, Tommy said Axl recorded vocals every year he was in the band. Surely it was not all scratch.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pele said:

And there is the Stockolm Syndrome level issue.

We know Rose has completed Silkworms/HardSkool/Atlas/Perhaps/General.

I've been telling everyone I think he has completed nothing else (fully).

I've been told I'm wrong countless times.

Now Slash has kindly announced they are gonna release the songs Axl has finished vocals for.

I explicitly state I believe they will be Atlas/Perhaps/General.

The same people are now saying even if they release Atlas/Perhaps/General, and absolutely nothing else, they'll still believe in all of these imaginary songs.

Aye, every man and their dug knows what you think pal! But there's no medal or victory lap for guessing something to be correct here. You've got a hunch, which may have some weight behind it, that's it. I don't think you're as mad as some folk think, but fuck me... you are bloody relentless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1