The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's fair. I put the two of them on ignore so I wasn't tempted any more. The only time I see their posts is when someone else takes the bait and quotes them. 

I’m so bored by GNR that seeing the shitposts gives me some entertainment when I come here, so I haven’t ignored them yet.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pele said:

Unlike this opinion, which basically says 'they'll probably do what you say, but I'll still believe there was songs'

Guess what.  As 'unfinished' as Axl thinks OMG was, you can guarantee he considers his 99 vocals finished.

I'm not involved in whatever imaginary argument/competition you've got going on here. Genuinely don't give a crap what you may or may not think. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

2008 Axl Rose says otherwise.

Q : What does the future hold for 'OMG'? A: There's a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it's not taken all that seriously.

I believe it is called OMG2 ;)

I've always assumed this was one of the remixes, as he says it isn't taken seriously.  Still, would be cool to hear if it leaked or was a bonus track of some sort. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I wouldn't buy that album either. But there is proof that people will buy even stuff that only kinda like... HardSkool EP.

I pre-ordered it.  I could care less about it as I HATE absurd.  I just like to collect the stuff.  I have about 40 CDs.  All the released and a bunch of bootlegs i used to buy off ebay a LONG time ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I pre-ordered it.  I could care less about it as I HATE absurd.  I just like to collect the stuff.  I have about 40 CDs.  All the released and a bunch of bootlegs i used to buy off ebay a LONG time ago

Oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with getting it if you want it. But we all know that the material isn't that good so if the buying decision was just based on the song quality I don't think many would be interested. I think the majority are like you and they just want to complete the collection. Not shaming anybody😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Has @Peleever addressed "Blood in the Water" ? 

I have addressed it.

I don't know what it is.

I speculated it is likely to be taken from a line of 'The General' or a line from an unfinished song.

But doesn't he believe Axl lied about recording any vocals for that song?

I believe he may have done some scratch vocal melody - maybe more.

I 100% don't believe it's a full, usable, releasable song/vocal take.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pele said:

I have addressed it.

I don't know what it is.

I speculated it is likely to be taken from a line of 'The General' or a line from an unfinished song.

I believe he may have done some scratch vocal melody - maybe more.

I 100% don't believe it's a full, usable, releasable song/vocal take.

What I find strange is how it came about - It's (supposedly) for the remix album and it's clearly musically a remix of Prostitute so why not use a vocal line from that song? Not to start a discussion about this mysterious remix with one vocal line I just remembered it existed today lol

46 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What I find strange is how it came about - It's (supposedly) for the remix album and it's clearly musically a remix of Prostitute so why not use a vocal line from that song? Not to start a discussion about this mysterious remix with one vocal line I just remembered it existed today lol

Other that the vocal line I really like the remix, one of the better ones for sure.

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl said he was unleashing a Christmas card of venom with the bridge in Soul Monster and felt a lot better afterwards. That would be a bit silly to say about scat vocals with no lyrics.

And yet here we are.

Yeah, let's hope that mystery gets solved one day.

State of Grace is such a mystery too.  Why did he seemingly give up on this?

Edited by Pele

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with getting it if you want it. But we all know that the material isn't that good so if the buying decision was just based on the song quality I don't think many would be interested. I think the majority are like you and they just want to complete the collection. Not shaming anybody😄 

With you 100%. I'll likely stream the EP for an initial listen. But given I already know all 4 tracks, that I think 1 is utter utter dogshit, and the 2 live tracks are not exactly something to get me excited, I wouldn't bother my arse buying it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pele said:

And yet here we are.

Yeah, let's hope that mystery gets solved one day.

State of Grace is such a mystery too.  Why did he seemingly give up on this?

I listened to SOG again yesterday. It's just some mediocre ideas that are going nowhere, there's not a good song in there. Imo.

• Wow 2