The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, oneway23 said:

To be fair, Catcher w/ the May solo on the demo was infinitely better than whatever Bumblefoot sharted out on the official album.

If we're talking about that one, I'm less inclined to defend it.

Prostitute?  GN'R classic

Catcher with Brian May is amazing while the Bumblefoot version is very very plebeian and uninteresting. 

• Like 2

For Catcher, I prefer the simpler intro to the oldest demo we have (without the added guitar), along with the Brian May solo. I do like Bumble's guitar parts after the solo, and the piano in the album version, and the outtro in the album version. I also like the breakdown in the demo.

Overall, the Village version is my favorite since it's in great quality compared to the oldest demo, presumably from '99.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Truth, y'all...Added guitar in the intro stinks.

I wonder if anyone else recorded a solo for that song. I assume Buckethead did. I was told years ago he did, in addition to others (probably Robin, they said: "Who hasn't recorded a solo for that song?") I was told Bucket's solo for Catcher was noticeably influenced by Brian's solo. Could be BS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if anyone else recorded a solo for that song. I assume Buckethead did. I was told years ago he did, in addition to others (probably Robin, they said: "Who hasn't recorded a solo for that song?") I was told Bucket's solo for Catcher was noticeably influenced by Brian's solo. Could be BS.

I'm sure that would be amazing.  Would love to hear any and all versions.  BH solo, Robin solo, +2db, drums (with chopped drums prostitute sample).

Gimmie all of it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

What if "Light My Fire" or "Monstrosity" are actually "Seven" or "Berlin"? In the bearded whoknowswhois "insider" video, he list all those songs to be include on CD 2.

I was too blinded by his Care Bear stare tummy and his wrestling worker "personality" to notice any song titles.

2 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Yes, lists are banned now (for me at least) but I remember all those songs.

And he ommits "Seven" and "Berlin".

A little birdie told me Berlin was the working title for a song which eventually turned into a duet with Baz called Cokelahoma

I love how @Pele has not had the "courage" (to use his terminology) to directly address that Tommy Stinson - one of the three members of the band present through the entirety of the Chinese Democracy saga said Axl recorded vocals "every year". Maybe it was just too much for him to compute so he ignored it. Maybe he's trying to perform the mental gymnastics that will allow him to directly contradict the direct words of one of the longest serving members of Guns N' Roses: stay tuned! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

With the new interview to Sean Beaven, it's now obvious that a triple album was in the cards even in 1999.

I can make a tracklist for each of the three albums.

Oh no no no no no no, don't do that, don't do that. 

• Haha 2

So, lists are banned (for me, only) so I assume "Chinese Democracy I" in 2000 would have contain the entire "Rough Mixes #1" plus I.R.S, If The World, Oklahoma and Oh My God. I assume that "Chinese Democracy II" would have contain the entire "Rough Mixes #2" plus Thyme, Hard School and State Of Grace. And the third installement would have contain the rest.

1 hour ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

So, lists are banned (for me, only) so I assume "Chinese Democracy I" in 2000 would have contain the entire "Rough Mixes #1" plus I.R.S, If The World, Oklahoma and Oh My God. I assume that "Chinese Democracy II" would have contain the entire "Rough Mixes #2" plus Thyme, Hard School and State Of Grace. And the third installement would have contain the rest.

No, but you should make a list now before that happens. This thread is entertaining and your lists are amusing and help pass the time waiting for another 1999 era pre-CD track to be recycled by the current band. 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, Pele said:

Because he has barely done anything else.

The Better Video Treatment 100% wasn't fabricated was it, because people contacted the named director and he confirmed he did submit the treatment.  So with that in mind, the enemy list may be correct.

Does anyone still have those 2 pdf's?

On 2/4/2022 at 3:17 PM, CubanSkies Dummy said:

A list in paragraph form, is still a list, mate

• Haha 4