The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But is it really pushing goalposts when we are still within the frame of the goal, ie when it is still summer? :lol:

Of course- good point- summer has barely begun so they have plenty of time to release something before September. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few months. :)

42 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So are we calling the classic "plans changed" on Slash saying new songs were coming for the Europe tour yet? Or we giving it a couple more shows? 

no, we learn from past experiences and remember that nothing is final cause we're talking about Axl, a person who is not exactly known for meeting deadlines and changes his mind often when it comes to 'when'. I'm pretty sure Slash gave a window of release, this summer. Nothing is ever final until the very day of release when it comes to Gn'R but I think there's a very good chance we'll hear at least 1 more "new" song this year. 

• Like 1

The new single is probably Atlas, with a few prominent bass lines from Duff, and Slash guitar work all over, mixed really high and Axl's late '90s-early '00s vocal track(s) present. It's a toss up if we will get Brain or Frank on drums, the latter of which is least desirable.  Poor Richard will probably have to re-record his parts (which were already re-recorded) to fit in with the new bass and guitar tracks. If we are lucky, and if we listen very hard, we may just get to hear a few Bucket and Robin guitar bits throughout.

The above is applicable to any "new" song. If Perhaps, Oh My God, etc. are the new singles, just replace Atlas above with whatever single it is, and it will be 90%+ accurate.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

no, we learn from past experiences and remember that nothing is final cause we're talking about Axl, a person who is not exactly known for meeting deadlines and changes his mind often when it comes to 'when'. I'm pretty sure Slash gave a window of release, this summer. Nothing is ever final until the very day of release when it comes to Gn'R but I think there's a very good chance we'll hear at least 1 more "new" song this year. 

Isn't that the very definition of 'plans changed'?! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The new single is probably Atlas, with a few prominent bass lines from Duff, and Slash guitar work all over, mixed really high and Axl's late '90s-early '00s vocal track(s) present. It's a toss up if we will get Brain or Frank on drums, the latter of which is least desirable.  Poor Richard will probably have to re-record his parts (which were already re-recorded) to fit in with the new bass and guitar tracks. If we are lucky, and if we listen very hard, we may just get to hear a few Bucket and Robin guitar bits throughout.

The above is applicable to any "new" song. If Perhaps, Oh My God, etc. are the new singles, just replace Atlas above with whatever single it is, and it will be 90%+ accurate.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is 1000 percent how it will go down. 👌🏼👌🏼

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Isn't that the very definition of 'plans changed'?! 

no. How is that the very definition of 'plans changed' when Slash said:

“I would imagine that there will be one or two songs that come out around the time that we hit the road in June.”

Slash chose his words carefully here I think probably cause he knows how Axl operates which is not an exact science. If nothing happens this june and july, it doesn't mean that nothing will happen a little bit later imo. 

some people were so bummed that Hard Skool wasn't released when they thought it would be based on the release of Absurd. The AFD box set was released about a year after it was supposed to.

so I think we shouldn't be quick to dismiss it as bullshit just because Axl is 'late' again.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

I'm not sure where to ask this but rather than making a new thread, I'll just ask here. The Illusion 30th anniversary release that Slash said would be out this summer: has anyone heard anything on it? 

It was all an Illusion. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

I'm not sure where to ask this but rather than making a new thread, I'll just ask here. The Illusion 30th anniversary release that Slash said would be out this summer: has anyone heard anything on it? 

@troccoli, a reliable poster said that it is still a go, so I think Gn'R is still planning to release it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rovim said:

no. How is that the very definition of 'plans changed' when Slash said:

“I would imagine that there will be one or two songs that come out around the time that we hit the road in June.”

Slash chose his words carefully here I think probably cause he knows how Axl operates which is not an exact science. If nothing happens this june and july, it doesn't mean that nothing will happen a little bit later imo. 

some people were so bummed that Hard Skool wasn't released when they thought it would be based on the release of Absurd. The AFD box set was released about a year after it was supposed to.

so I think we shouldn't be quick to dismiss it as bullshit just because Axl is 'late' again.

Haha, the "I would imagine" caveat. Classic. 

Sorry but it's looking very like  'plans changed' from where I'm standing! 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha, the "I would imagine" caveat. Classic. 

Sorry but it's looking very like  'plans changed' from where I'm standing! 

well, I think Slash probably said it when 'the plan' was shared with him and he worded it like that cause he's not stupid and didn't want fans to think it will be 100% released in june. We're still around june so perhaps it is still premature to label the whole thing as "not going to happen'.

still might not happen, like every potential Gn'R release. My point is that it's still early to dismiss Slash's words here just because it didn't happen this month.

I understand the skepticism, but it is my view that when it comes to Axl, realistically a little leeway should be given, just because we know it almost never happens when it's supposed to.

Edited by Rovim

If they had any sense they would drop Atlas tonight riding on the whole Thor/god theme and not to mention just before the London shows. But again, this plan requires sense.

Edited by sofine11

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

well, I think Slash probably said it when 'the plan' was shared with him and he worded it like that cause he's not stupid and didn't want fans to think it will be 100% released in june. We're still around june so perhaps it is still premature to label the whole thing as "not going to happen'.

still might not happen, like every potential Gn'R release. My point is that it's still early to dismiss Slash's words here just because it didn't happen this month.

I understand the skepticism, but it is my view that when it comes to Axl, realistically a little leeway should be given, just because we know it almost never happens when it's supposed to.

Time will tell, as ever! 

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

If they had any sense they would drop Atlas tonight riding on the whole Thor/god theme and not to mention just before the London shows. But again, this plan requires sense.

Sadly lacking in GnR land 🤣

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It is July in many parts of the world right now, and GNR has admins from many countries lol.

? I think you didn't get what I was trying to say. It's July were I live, so I don't get what you mean. I'm referencing the fact that they say it's July and well, Slash said this thing about June when "hitting the road".

1 minute ago, Uncle Bob said:

? I think you didn't get what I was trying to say. It's July were I live, so I don't get what you mean. I'm referencing the fact that they say it's July and well, Slash said this thing about June when "hitting the road".

I just woke up and didn't notice the thread lol. Apologies mate. Slash wasn't too specific and i believe he said something like 'around the time [of] June'. If there is still new music coming soon, then it could possibly make sense to coincide it with Thor or shortly afterwards. If not that, then we're probably fucked until the next tour leg.